Re: CONTRARIAN picks for WEEK 5: 49ers, RAVES, FALCS, SAINTS +STEELS LOSE, PATS +TEX won't cover!
posted at 10/7/2012 4:01 AM EDT
In response to COMMIECONTRARIAN's comment:
PER USUAL, i only bring strong vodka to the toughest spread picks. going with 7 this week:
1. SKINS over the over-rated FALCS. rg3 is the REAL deal just as i said he would be. remember all those threads about the colts picking him over the luckster? just wish he would run fewer options and limit his vickishness (unnecessary hits). falcs won't win by 3. skins will win by ONE as cundiff boots another at the gun.
2. EAGS over STEELS. now that michael vick's probation is over and he can legally own a dog again (what can possibly go wrong there?), i look for him to literally let his inner dawgs out all over the overrated steels, don't care if shampoo guy or the shamwowguy is back (there), or rodney or james harrison comes back, or the steel curtain or franco harris. ben will get hit often and hit hard as that team can't pound the rock worth a damnn and bends over on defense as often and easily as obama did for romney in that last debate! like bama, that defense will take whatever philly gives them and learn to love it! go against the 3.5 spread for steels.
3. CHARGERS over FRAUD SAINTS! no way these frauds, even playing at home, are going to cover by 3.5. 2 maybe.. even then, i think its more of the same. san diego will run all over that putrid defense, keeping brees off the field and into panicky comeback situations. he will throw a TD in his 48th game though as the old gang willl be in the standswith a bounty on the chargers' corners no doubt. norv turner has flipped the script, i look for them to start tanking after week 10 this year as norv gets the underperformance boot finally!
4. JETS will cover against the TEX. jets will lose but do so under 8 points in a very close game (at the end) as the tebow sees an expansive role and the home crowd goes nuts and is the beginning of the end for one sancheese. rex will stand by him for week 6 but rex will soon get the wood from owner woody on this issue as the tebow era is accelerated by week 8!
5. BUFFALO beats SAN FRAN This is THE upset of the weekend. bills are getting some guys back from injury. let's not casually ignore that team was smokling our PATS for most of 3 quarters. had we not channeled our inner romney and flipped the script with the running emphasis (like bama, no way were bills ready for that), we likely lose that game. alex smith will struggle as the wildcat QB is taking his thunder a bit and unsettling him. minny give the blueprint on how to beat the 49'ers, bills will follow that script to a tee!
6. KC over RAVENS. 6.5? HA! there is something seriously lacking in the raves. i live in baltimore and just not buying the hype. they should have been blowed out against us had injuries not happened (esp with edelman) and if mccourty not put vaseline all over his fingers and on arrington's spikes. these are the kinds of games romeo lives for, cassell will be efficient and mr. charles will run wild all over the raves' grill!
7. PATS win but won't cover. the broncs are a pretty good and proudful bunch. they recall those 2 losses that inevitably shaped the tebow out of town (wrongly in my view). they will rALLy around lurch as they know all about the professional legacy rivalry with brady. dont forget that he has owned bb and tb as of late! i see gostkowski saving his job at the end with a game winning Fg in his forst real vanitieri moment. how lucky is dan koppen? i wonder who he prefers to bend over for the most?
We will see.