CORRECTION: PATS AREN'T SO CHEAP!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: CORRECTION: PATS AREN'T SO CHEAP!!!!!

I'm still upset that Boston never really hit the potential their first album showed us they had.  Sad.  I was expecting a much more Pink Floyd meets Led Zeppelin run out of them.  Instead I got "A man I'll never be"  and "Amanda"  :-(

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: CORRECTION: PATS AREN'T SO CHEAP!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I'm still upset that Boston never really hit the potential their first album showed us they had.  Sad.  I was expecting a much more Pink Floyd meets Led Zeppelin run out of them.  Instead I got "A man I'll never be"  and "Amanda"  :-(
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]GET BACK ON YOUR MEDDDDDDDSSSSSSS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsboy3. Show Patsboy3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CORRECTION: PATS AREN'T SO CHEAP!!!!! : GET BACK ON YOUR MEDDDDDDDSSSSSSS!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

LMAO.....you telling helmet boy he needs his meds is like telling a monkey to eat his bananas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to CORRECTION: PATS AREN'T SO CHEAP!!!!!:
    [QUOTE] it now makes sense why bel is hesitant with guys like mankins and likely will let matt light walk.. however, it also gives bb less room to avoid criticism. why is he putting such a low talent or low playoff result product out there? why do we keep getting beat down by teams with lesser payrolls in the playoffs? what are we getting for all that investment since 2005 (esp since 2007)? the pressure is and should be on for 2011! i do not like propaganda or empty INNUENDO or subjectivism, facts are facts.. at least until they are disputed with more FACTS!

Getting beat in the last two playoff games is "We keep getting beat down by teams with lesser payrolls"?

We're talking about two games?

At least we know now that no matter what the Patriots do, you'll whine about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to CORRECTION: PATS AREN'T SO CHEAP!!!!! : Getting beat in the last two playoff games is "We keep getting beat down by teams with lesser payrolls"? We're talking about two games? At least we know now that no matter what the Patriots do, you'll whine about it.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

You are correct

2006 Colts had 33 million on us
    2007 Giants were our equal financially
    2008 NA
    2009 Ravens, 104 million Pats were @ roughly 123
    2010 Pats 94 million at the end of the year/ Jets 127 million

There was only one team with less salary than us that beat us...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Brady/// currently the highest paid player in NFL history, highest paid QB @ the moment

Wilfork/// currently the highest paid NT in the NFL

Moss/// Was behind no one but Ditzgerald while he was here

Seymour/// Was the highest paid DE/DT in the NFL for three years (his second contract)

Ty Warren, Matt Light, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neal average salary 5 million they are paid very well.

Colvin and Thomas were paid handsomely with Salaries that competed with the top 5 in there position.

you are correct the Patriots are not CHEAP they are just selective and the people the select are typically there OWN and the players most people on this board want are not a good fit for this team

THEY are far from CHEAP

BUT they have a habit of low balling player they feel they have developed in there system... for example Givens, Branch of old, Jarvis Green, Mike Vrabel, Assante Samuel

They expect too many of there great players to accept discounted deals LIKE Brady had in the past for the betterment of the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CORRECTION: PATS AREN'T SO CHEAP!!!!! : You are correct 2006 Colts had 33 million on us 2007 Giants were our equal financially 2008 NA 2009 Ravens, 104 million Pats were @ roughly 123 2010 Pats 94 million at the end of the year/ Jets 127 million There was only one team with less salary than us that beat us...
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]again, i stand corrected.. was trying to get the actual figures. i actually miswrote with the jets for i believe they had the highest payroll this year. could not get definitive hard figures, but i will go along with yours. ravens loss still hurts i guess. like in baseball, first thing i do is run the payroll numbers. those are your expectations. if you keep overpaying for talent and you are not beating up on teams you are superior to financially, you must question the coach and GM.. period! if a lesser payroll team, just making the playoffs will suffice. 

bel is getting it done in the regular season, but i am sorry for a great coach and the highest paid and puportedly the BEST qb perhaps ever, i demand better playoff performances and results based on the payroll he has been blessed with plus his power in picking the groceries and having the final say on football matters. if the payroill is close, we should be WINNING much more than we have lately in the playoffs. i can actually let the jets loss slide, they had a huge payroll gap, like the sox versus the yanks. likely jets will sign nmandi giving them the 2 best CBs perhaps in the history of the game. they are our main competition for they can keep spending and with a great coach and potentially great qb, that could be a major threat to us for a long time to come. its like the sox and yanks on the football field now. 

pats may now have to aim to be the highest payroll team or close the gap at second to get over the playoff hump. payroll advantage may now be as important as the coaching and GM one... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Brady/// currently the highest paid player in NFL history, highest paid QB @ the moment Wilfork/// currently the highest paid NT in the NFL Moss/// Was behind no one but Ditzgerald while he was here Seymour/// Was the highest paid DE/DT in the NFL for three years (his second contract) Ty Warren, Matt Light, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neal average salary 5 million they are paid very well. Colvin and Thomas were paid handsomely with Salaries that competed with the top 5 in there position. you are correct the Patriots are not CHEAP they are just selective and the people the select are typically there OWN and the players most people on this board want are not a good fit for this team THEY are far from CHEAP BUT they have a habit of low balling player they feel they have developed in there system... for example Givens, Branch of old, Jarvis Green, Mike Vrabel, Assante Samuel They expect too many of there great players to accept discounted deals LIKE Brady had in the past for the betterment of the team.
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]WELL PRESENTED!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Here is something I said in your other thread:

The something odd I am pointing out is that the 2010 playoff teams (shaded) seem to crowd the bottom of the (salary) list. 

Is this b/c the better teams pay out more non-salary guaranteed money?  I don't really know. 

Maybe it's valid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

The fact you wrote a post about the Pat's being so cheap is really not the isssue. It was understandable since we have a Globe writer who happens to write also for SI saying the same thing. I cant wait (yes I can)for him to redact what he wrote in that awful article. You know the one where he said we should become more like the nyets! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]The fact you wrote a post about the Pat's being so cheap is really not the isssue. It was understandable since we have a Globe writer who happens to write also for SI saying the same thing. I cant wait (yes I can)for him to redact what he wrote in that awful article. You know the one where he said we should become more like the nyets! 
    Posted by fourjays30[/QUOTE]funny thing i heard about shaughnessey's article only after mine. in that old thread, i later used it to back me up. turns out dan actually redacted what he wrote but on page 4  way at the bottom in smaller print. i think we should be more like the jets in terms of not being outspent by too much by them and how we express and bring passion to the games esp in big playoff games. sometimes we tend to flatline a bit, overemphasizing the white-collar cognitive approach. but as an organization, we should NEVER parrot the jets approach.in 5 years, ryan likely will be fired or burned out. pats are built for the long term. no need to ever re-sign 18 guys at a time for instance. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]funny thing i heard about shaughnessey's article only after mine. in that old thread, i later used it to back me up. turns out dan actually redacted what he wrote but on page 4  way at the bottom in smaller print. i think we should be more like the jets in terms of not being outspent by too much by them and how we express and bring passion to the games esp in big playoff games. sometimes we tend to flatline a bit, overemphasizing the white-collar cognitive approach. but as an organization, we should NEVER parrot the jets approach.in 5 years, ryan likely will be fired or burned out. pats are built for the long term. no need to ever re-sign 18 guys at a time for instance. 
    I can't believe you said that.