Costas uses the Jevon Belcher tregedy to preach gun control at halftime........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Costas uses the Jevon Belcher tregedy to preach gun control at halftime........

Is there anyone, ANYONE in the USA with a TV, and a remote, who likes watching the NFL and football in general who DIDN'T think Costas would drag out his Lifeboy box at halftime? I mean, come on! He's proof that like reality TV shows, Americans love to watch train wrecks.

When halftime came, I kneecapped that clown by making a KFC run (you know, those Festival  Buckets). Stood in line over 30 munutes to get the stuff. Don't care what the Vertically Challenged One thinks on social issues. I don't HAVE to listen to him, like a moth drawn to the Coleman's lantern during a campout. There is more to the story than even HE knows. When/if the truth ever surfaces, it'll still be all about what folks want to believe....  concussions (the Blame Celeb these days), durgs, booze, mental instability, whatever.

To drag a bit of politics into this, let's harken back to 9/12 the day after Benghazi, when Romney gave his statement. All lobbie talking heads went nuts and ballistic, claiming he didn't "have the entire story", so no need to politize the event". Yet, here is NBC, the staunchest libbie network out there, not saying a peep, or chastizing him. Guess it's OK for one of THEIR talking heads to make the leap without the facts.

IF he could have been stopped, IF anyone/everyone knew what he wanted to do, IF he didn't have a gun, IF he didn't walk off the field dazed in the Bengals game..... what national talking head wants to publically state that, this even was NEVER going to happen at any time down the road? Belcher was prone to: drugs, alcohol, AND domestic violence, a deadly cocktail. Yet, society doesn't allow legal/forceful intervention until he actually did something. Instead of trying to take away guns from those legal gun owners, why no change THAT aspect of the law, which would seem to me to be a better way of stopping senseless violence like this from taking place. Toss him into "protective custody" for a few days, let him dry out and cool off. Then follow him closely to make sure the doesn't booze it up or take drugs outside o the training facility when administered by the team's doctor (yes, it's come down to this, when an allegedly grown up professional athlete needs to be treated like a kid in grade school).

My prayers go out to Zoe, who'll never get to know here Mom and Dad, and the only thing she'll hear from the public is how Mom died, and it was Dad that did it. I'm also praying for both families involved, so that they can deal with this mess and find closure, and help Zoe grown into all she can and wants to be.      

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Costas uses the Jevon Belcher tregedy to preach gun control at halftime........

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

my response to Bob Costas is simple.....if the girlfriend owned a gun as well, she might have been able to defend herself and may be alive today.

[/QUOTE]

Perfect - a gun fight with the baby and baby's grandmother right there to observe.  Clearly the solution.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

There definitely are cultural issues.  Bob Costa's statement would be a non-event in most countries, because in most advanced Western nations the culture supports placing limits on weapons designed primarily to make it easy to kill people.  It's seen as common sense. In America, however, a statement such as Costa's causes a firestorm precisely because America has a culture in which owning weapons designed primarily to kill people is considered a god-given right for the simple reason that many Americans either believe they may need to kill someone someday (personal defense) or just enjoy the feeling of power that comes from "packing heat."  That is a cultural problem . . . in evidence all over American this morning. 

It is not surprising at all that such a culture results in a society with far more gun violence than in just about any other highly industrialized society. I agree it is not the lack of gun control laws that is the real problem. The real problem is a culture that makes the enactment of gun control laws almost impossible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There definitely are cultural issues.  Bob Costa's statement would be a non-event in most countries, because in most advanced Western nations the culture supports placing limits on weapons designed primarily to make it easy to kill people.  It's seen as common sense. In America, however, a statement such as Costa's causes a firestorm precisely because America has a culture in which owning weapons designed primarily to kill people is considered a god-given right for the simple reason that many Americans either believe they may need to kill someone someday (personal defense) or just enjoy the feeling of power that comes from "packing heat."  That is a cultural problem . . . in evidence all over American this morning. 

It is not surprising at all that such a culture results in a society with far more gun violence than in just about any other highly industrialized society. I agree it is not the lack of gun control laws that is the real problem. The real problem is a culture that makes the enactment of gun control laws almost impossible.

[/QUOTE]

ROFLMFAO!!!!

God Given Right? Dude! Gget over yourself. This RIGHT is granted in the US Constitution. may I suggest you actually read it? Particularly the one at #2? Do you know the reason why it's #2, afet the all important 1st one? Do some research there, too, Sparky. You'll be amazed. Take a look at what's happening in Europe, that great bastion of liberal thinking, as all the hand out money is evaporating. Think that that could happen here once all the hand out/goody money dries up? 

While we're taking guns away from everyone, seeing \that's where you want to head, let's ban movies that are no rated G (note: GP, R, etc all have to go, as they would contain either violence, nudity, or those nasty "adult situations"; Gitgta keep Little Johnny's and Sally's minds pure and wholesome, ya know). Then we'll closely sensor commercial TV, Too much violence on those hiur long CSI and other crime related offerings. Gives the public in general too many ideas. next, we'l outlaw and ban all TV commercials that would give a glimmer of support to abhirant behavior, as YOU would determine it to be. We start with those erectile dysfunction spots. Just imagine what a better place the world would be if there was less "personal enjoyment" in it. Who says you have to ready for ANY moment? I've been maried over 35 years, and, well, 'nuff said. It could get ugly..... Then, we'll toss in all commercials for beers and other beverages with any kind of alcoholic content. No booze, no blame, right? (Does the NFL have any share of the pending "blame" for what happened in KC, seeing how thay have "Suds-o, the OFFICIAL beer of the NFL" commercials? Hmmmm.....) Then, we'll need to put an end to those pesky commercials for new prescriptions. Why? Have you heard or really paid attention to those nasty side effects disclaimers, or the print too small for the Hubble Telescope to even read? No one's saying that a user WOULD get any/all of them. But, all it takes is one person to suffer, adn then we get all those pitiful lawyer commercials, railing about the hazards of living, adn how we all may be "ENTITLED" to compensation. (Another word I just love.)

Now, go out there and start lobbying for the 2nd amendment to be stricken down.  

I just LOVE educating the unknowing!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ROFLMFAO!!!!

God Given Right? Dude! Gget over yourself. This RIGHT is granted in the US Constitution. may I suggest you actually read it? Particularly the one at #2? Do you know the reason why it's #2, afet the all important 1st one? Do some research there, too, Sparky. You'll be amazed. Take a look at what's happening in Europe, that great bastion of liberal thinking, as all the hand out money is evaporating. Think that that could happen here once all the hand out/goody money dries up? 

While we're taking guns away from everyone, seeing \that's where you want to head, let's ban movies that are no rated G (note: GP, R, etc all have to go, as they would contain either violence, nudity, or those nasty "adult situations"; Gitgta keep Little Johnny's and Sally's minds pure and wholesome, ya know). Then we'll closely sensor commercial TV, Too much violence on those hiur long CSI and other crime related offerings. Gives the public in general too many ideas. next, we'l outlaw and ban all TV commercials that would give a glimmer of support to abhirant behavior, as YOU would determine it to be. We start with those erectile dysfunction spots. Just imagine what a better place the world would be if there was less "personal enjoyment" in it. Who says you have to ready for ANY moment? I've been maried over 35 years, and, well, 'nuff said. It could get ugly..... Then, we'll toss in all commercials for beers and other beverages with any kind of alcoholic content. No booze, no blame, right? (Does the NFL have any share of the pending "blame" for what happened in KC, seeing how thay have "Suds-o, the OFFICIAL beer of the NFL" commercials? Hmmmm.....) Then, we'll need to put an end to those pesky commercials for new prescriptions. Why? Have you heard or really paid attention to those nasty side effects disclaimers, or the print too small for the Hubble Telescope to even read? No one's saying that a user WOULD get any/all of them. But, all it takes is one person to suffer, adn then we get all those pitiful lawyer commercials, railing about the hazards of living, adn how we all may be "ENTITLED" to compensation. (Another word I just love.)

[/QUOTE]

The cultural problem I was talking about illustrated. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

my response to Bob Costas is simple.....if the girlfriend owned a gun as well, she might have been able to defend herself and may be alive today.

[/QUOTE]

Perfect - a gun fight with the baby and baby's grandmother right there to observe.  Clearly the solution.

[/QUOTE]

Only a liberal would automatically assume "gun fight." Just owning a gun may have been deterrent enuff for the fool to think twice before drawing down on her.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Only a liberal would automatically assume "gun fight." Just owning a gun may have been deterrent enuff for the fool to think twice before drawing down on her.

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  So you've pretty much sized me up based on my assessment of your post.  With all due respect you:

*Know zippo about me except that I responded to your post.  And if I were a liberal (which I am not) so what?  Because I wouldn't think the same way that you do makes me somehow wrong automatically?

*Posted the words 'defend herself'.  That's not deterrence that's using the firearm for its intended purpose - killing another individual.

*Presuming rational thought on Belcher's part otherwise you wouldn't have used the term 'deterrent' in your last post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I'm surprised so many people think the answer to so many guns is more guns.  How about we act like normal human beings and, you know, not point guns at each other?

What do you think, if she owned a gun, that would have saved her?  You think he would have waited until she got hers to aim at her if she did?

This is a cultural problem that we as a nation have.  That's the disease.  Guns being pulled are the symptom.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ROFLMFAO!!!!

[/QUOTE]

The cultural problem I was talking about illustrated. 

[/QUOTE]

Must you insist on keeping me rolling on the floor laughing? PLEASE stop! Culture has nothing to do wioth the right to bear arms. If you want to own a gun, you're free to do so. If not, like me, you don't have to. Deal with it. It's a guaranteed right under the US Constitution, so stop whining about "culture" and do some reading up on the amendment. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

Yes because the alchohol and pill abuse due to head trauma had nothing to do with this. Let's blame firearms instead of an individuals decisions.

[QUOTE]

Good for Costas.  I'm a gun owner and avid hunter myself, but the US needs more sensible gun control.  It's just too easy for anyone to get a handgun. There's way more gun crime in the US than any other civilized first-world nation. The reason is because guns are too easy to get. 

[/QUOTE]

You are a complete idiot and have no clue what the 2d Amendment means. Lucky for you though you can make a jerk of yourself utilizing your 1st Amendment. . Avid hunter huh? So you go kill unarmed defensless animals for fun? Tough guy who wants gun control. LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....of tonight's SNF game, while his chin quivers with emotion. He's been waiting for a chance to say someting like this. I should expect this from NBC. Dude needs to stick to football, and he's not so good at even that. If he doesn't want to, he can pull an Olberman and start a cable news commentary show where he can rave to his heart's content. As a wise man once said, "If you come for mine, you'd better bring yours". That goes doubly for you Costas. 

[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother. I was going to bring this up, too...but I'm sick and tired of political discussions. Costas...stick to sports, in which you're a marginal figure at best. We get enough preaching and destructive policies from liberals as it is. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

How about just a LITTLE common sense.... You know... good, ole fashion common sense:

1. Most violent crimes are commited in the heat of a moment.

2. Most violent crimes are commited by men (around 86%): testosterone makes the male of the species more prone to acts of violence (that is why a bull moose during rutting season is more dangerous than a bear) and our culture teaches guys to be be tough, not to back down, etc.

3. Most violent crimes are commited by men over 15 (testosterone kicking in...)

4. Most violent crimes committed by men between the ages of 18 and 30 (no surprise there)

5. While men who let themselves become violent kill, a handy gun is the weapon of choice when available.

6. Alchohol use is correlated with violence (people are more likely to become violent when using alchohol than when not - no surprise).

So common sense does point to the tag phrase that "people kill". But since most murders are done in the heat of the moment the clear truth is that had there been no gun available at that moment then the chance of an attempted murder drops and the success of a murder attmept drops (guns are more deadly than other available means to kill).

There is also the huge, overwhelming correlation between men and murderers and also a very high correlation with age and so with testosterone levels as well.

So perhaps only women and men over say 45 should be allowed to carry guns.  Of course there will not be an agreement on this. And I am not wanting to drum up a heated debate. But I am wanting to drum up a little reflection on cause and effect with the application of common sense.

Who disagrees that a pedophile should not be let around kids? I expect no one here would disagree. So by the same token, common sense, no perpetrator of a violent crime - and no person who has been decalred mentally unstable - should be allowed to own or posses a gun. Doing so should be illegal for those persons. THat is perhaps a concept most reasonable people could agree with - or at least appreciate the reasons for.

Similarly common sense says guns and alchohol do not mix. Guns in bars are just a tragedy waiting to happen. And so too at football games. Considering the number of drunk jerks (as opposed to someone is is just drunk) at sporting events keeping guns out while they let everyone drink till they can hardly walk is a good thing. A very good thing.

Clearly we will not all agree here with any one perspective, including the ones I touch on. But to be blind to the most obvious and simple things, and to be antogonistic, demeaning and even angry towards someone who wants to reduce gun related violence is just ... well... lets say it is just being dogmatic and lacking common sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, Cuz im sure Belcher wouldnt have been able to acquire a gun if guns where illegal. Simply it doesnt matter wheather guns are illegal or legal in this situation, the guy was obviously on a mission Driven by some sort of hate and anger(i Come to that conclusion seeing as he shot his girlfriend 9 times, Usually that many gun shot wounds indicates some kind of passion driven anger/hate). I find it hard to believe that if guns where illegal, that that would have prevented what took place.

[/QUOTE]

I didnt know it was 9 times and yes I agree. I hate gun violence and thats the reason I have one is because everyone else around has one so Id be dumb not to. They do home invasions around here too. I keep it home to protect my family but those that carry all the time I kinda it find to cowardly unless u need it for work or carry money around bad areas. because now you may pull out when otherwise u may have walked away. I dont carry because of road rage also.  Too many people think they are above their emotions. I know, you act differently with a gun, maybe not everyone , but most people. I disagree with Costa but I get his point. Problem is its too late. Everyone in america is strapped now, legal or not and that doesnt bode well for the future, but dont come to my house because I will Pop OFF!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Cultural problems: Abortion, legalization of marijuana, violence in movies and on TV, provacative dressing of young ladies (especially HS kids), more "takers" than "givers" (and society being OK with it), acceptance/multiple "another chance" for DUI (Hey! EVERYONE does it!)

Which ones do you want to get rid of? Or, is "culture", or what should be acceptable in society, dependent on what you determine it to be?

Noe, be careful! Some of these have been legislated, sort of like the 2nd amendment. Ought to be interesting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

There definitely are cultural issues.  Bob Costa's statement would be a non-event in most countries, because in most advanced Western nations the culture supports placing limits on weapons designed primarily to make it easy to kill people.  It's seen as common sense. It's surprising at all that such a culture results in a society with far more gun violence than in just about any other highly industrialized society. I agree it is not the lack of gun control laws that is the real problem. The real problem is a culture that makes the enactment of gun control laws almost impossible.

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Typical liberal garbage. Guns don't kill anybody...people do! Do you really believe that placing stingent control on guns is going to stop a criminal from getting one, and doing his dirty deeds? LOL!!! It would only stop law abiding citizens from getting one to protect themselves.

Let's remember that this "poor lost soul" football player MURDERED his girlfriend, before taking his own life. The guy deserves zero sympathy. Any and all sympathy should be directed to the family, friends, and murder victim, herself: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/12/02/kasandra-perkins-family-says-focus-should-be-on-perkins-not-her-killer/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Gee, I wish people wouldn't spout about the 2nd Amendment and gun rights without really having some knowledge about what that amendment and those rights mean.  Please, read District of Columbia v. Heller (2008)and McDonald et al v. City of Chicago (2010) which are the most recent Supreme Court decisions and current law on the matter.  Those decisions do not grant the unrestricted right to own a firearm nor do they prohibit the enactment of controlling laws and regulations on owning, carrying and use of firearms.  

Oh, and despite what Wayne LaPierre and the NRA say, advocating reasonable controls on firearms is not the same thing as screaming for a gun ban.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I love it - a differing point of view is labled as garbage.  Really stimulates intelligent discussion, don't you think?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Apply some common sense to the real world. I expect you do not think every country in the world should have nuclear weapons (Iran, North Korea, etc.). Why is that if deterence is such a foolproof idea?

Quag: while you might be making a point that it would be a deterent it is clear that would result in a very dangerous and violent society where life was not valued as highly (if you are pro life or value life in general it would not be a consitent choice). The wild west was... well, WILD. We brought law and order to the praries and the mountains and the west. That meant that police were the law keepers and people could live their daily lives without looking over their shoulders 24x7 (yes we still need to be careful in the real world but the magnitude of violence is lower, a huge decrease). The weaker need not fear the stronger (which might simply mean more well armed or more willing to draw their weapon).

Even police departments across the country do not advocate unrestrained carrying of guns.

Quag - she might be alive today if killing were not so much a part of our culture. Or if domestic violence were taken seriously enough that it was truly anathema. Men are more likely to use violence. 86% of violent crimes are committed by men. That is likely some combination of testosterone and some degree of culture - with the former not to be ignored (why do you think a bull moose is more dangerous in rutting season than a bear). So women will, in general, not be as inclined to use or draw a gun as a man... and so not as quick to turn to it even in self defense. So the agressor is more likely to kill than be killed if the agressor is not deterred. And if and when it does come down to a shoot out how many innocent bystanders should be acceptable kills?

Apply some common sense to the real world. I expect you do not think every country in the world should have nuclear weapons (Iran, North Korea, etc.). Why is that if deterence is such a foolproof idea?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look at the gun violence in Mexico; look at the gun violence in the southside of Chicago; 70% and 90% respectively of those racists voted for Obama. It is obvious we have a culture/ values problem.

[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised it took one of you this long to pull the race card. Was it "culture and values" when the Colorado shooting happen? What about Columbine, Giffords shooting, Norway shooter or the Oklahoma bomber? No? Right....

P.S... Mexico's crime mostly comes from the Cartel. The Cartel gets money, power, weapons and resources thanks to America's War on Drugs! In fact, the Cartel buys guns from the U.S. it's so easy!

Typical...-_-

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Blame America for the culture problems because they glorify violence.  It doenst help that all the major record labels promote violence, drugs, sex, etc at am alarming rate and if your music is anything positive, than it collects dust. Its been this way for some time. Yes whoever pulls the trigger is ultimately responsible but why is Wal-mart selling automatic rifles again?? Why are 15 y/os able to get a chopper(ak47) faster than I can get my coffee? its all by design., Planned genocide, just have to give them the means and the motivation. Thats americas Best Attribute. Fund both sides of a war and sit back and watch with popcorn and then act like you care and didnt start the whole thing. Just go back and watch CB4. Chris ROck was on it back in the day. I grew up in the same culture and had to rehab myself out of it. Its a scary world we are entering. People are going in droves to get their permits. (men, women, old, young) and so how can you not feel the need to get one also. I will add that their are a lot of responsible gun owners throughout who are not part of the problem but too many young kids have access to them and thats the main issue. Even these football players are only a couple years from being kids so why not start the mental testing before giving every joe smoe a gun. Almost EVERY mass murder is from a legal handgun given right at the store because they had no record.  U cant solve it by saying if u have a record, cant own a gun. Need to do more research on EVERY perspective BUYER!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

I love it - a differing point of view is labled as garbage.  Really stimulates intelligent discussion, don't you think?

[/QUOTE]

Whatever...LOL!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Wow!  

IMNSHO, this is not a Liberal/Conservative issue.  I have been politically left of center all my life.  And there was a time when I was for more gun control especially when I lived in MA.  It might be a cultural thing, I don't know.

However, having lived in the south for many years, my views on guns have changed.  If I have to travel to certain areas, I would prefer to carry a hand gun.  In my home, I have a loaded 12 Guage Shotgun with an 18" Barrel standing at attention by my bed.  I live so far out in the boonies if someone broke into my home in the middle of the night with the intent to cause me and or my wife physical harm, I could call 911 but by the time a sherrif's deputy arrived we would probably be dead.  

There have been way too many occasions when people have been robbed, beaten and killed over a few dollars.   Now the bleeding heart libs would probably consider that the robbers were victims or something ridiculous like that.  They can feel that way if they want to.  

I don't have any great fondness for most ultra right issues or most ultra left issues for that matter.  But to the issue of this murder/suicide, I was saddened about what appeared to be the vast majority of talk on the sports news was about Belcher and how it might affect the play of the Kansas City Football Team.  BS!  This guy was a murderer and made his daughter an orphan.  What about the murder victims family?  

Speaking of a misdirected culture. . .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look at the gun violence in Mexico; look at the gun violence in the southside of Chicago; 70% and 90% respectively of those racists voted for Obama. It is obvious we have a culture/ values problem.

[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised it took one of you this long to pull the race card. Was it "culture and values" when the Colorado shooting happen? What about Columbine, Giffords shooting, Norway shooter or the Oklahoma bomber? No? Right....

P.S... Mexico's crime mostly comes from the Cartel. The Cartel gets money, power, weapons and resources thanks to America's War on Drugs! In fact, the Cartel buys guns from the U.S. it's so easy!

Typical...-_-

[/QUOTE]

Truth, but let the Sheeple Sleep. Its funny how people still dont know about the REAL war on drugs. Ive been to DC and know its a joke when the biggest Crackheads are right around the corner from white house. War on drugs = cops rounding up, low lever inner citty drug dealers to support the Industrial Prison Complex all the while perpetuating the sale of major drugs coming into US to keep Wall St alive and all the Big wigs with candy for the hoookers. Ive seen many eyewitness accounts of Ex DEA's who were told to only target blacks and not to arrest anyone in good neihborhoods in fear of cathing the
    "wrong" person(a somebody) and anyone living local in mass knows how much corruption goes on here with courts, probation, etc. Just lie to keep us in jail and hire a WHOLE probation dept, made up of family and make sure everyones back is rubbed. Say what you want, be naive, I dont care. Everyones Closet is being open and All darkness will come to light and America will be seen for who she really is.  Be Aware, Not in FEAR!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

Cultural problems: Abortion, legalization of marijuana, violence in movies and on TV, provacative dressing of young ladies (especially HS kids), more "takers" than "givers" (and society being OK with it), acceptance/multiple "another chance" for DUI (Hey! EVERYONE does it!)

Which ones do you want to get rid of? Or, is "culture", or what should be acceptable in society, dependent on what you determine it to be?

Noe, be careful! Some of these have been legislated, sort of like the 2nd amendment. Ought to be interesting.

[/QUOTE]

When are you guys going to secede?!! God, take Oklahoma, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia and all those other clown states with you! Funny, the most advocate pro-gun Americans are usually Right-Wingers, but you list Liberal beliefs as the cause of gun violence.

Abortions is no one's business, if you don't think it's right, don't do it! No one is force you to have an abortion! It's a choice between a woman and her doctor, not you and your bible and Authoritarian style of government!

Marijuana is no more lethal to your brain than Alcohol, why don't we criminalize Alcohol again while we're at it, huh? How many times have you heard that a guy was so high from Marijuana that he started a fight in a bar...or drove high and killed someone? Why is it illegal? 

Violence in movies and TV? Yeah, like Football? Should football be illegal?

Provacative style of dress by young ladies? Dude, we're you born in the 50s or something? It's no one's business what a woman wants to wear! Funny how you're fighting for your second ammendment rights, but you're all for taking away someone's first ammenment rights.

More takers than givers? The 47% of Americans who don't pay taxes consists of the elderly, veterans and people who manage to take advantage of tax breaks like child tax deductions. Funny how when coperations take advantage of loopholes they're wise. When average joes do it they're takers. The very few who don't pay taxes because they're poor live mostly in the South, Red States pay less in taxes than Blue states! The North East and West Coast keep America a float! The rest of you, red states, are the takers around here!

It's too easy to get a gun, there are too many guns in the United States! Guns don't kill people, people kill people, right? But they kill more people with guns!