Could BrandonTate end up on the PUP list?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Could BrandonTate end up on the PUP list?

There seems to be an unsubstantiated assumption that Tate goes to the IR for the season, but could he be healthy by week 10 and ready for kickoff return duty?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Could BrandonTate end up on the PUP list?

I think it's a virtual certainty that Tate starts the year on the PUP list.  Their is no reason to IR him when he could help, or at least get his feet wet, later in the season.

I really expect good things from Tate, both on offense and special teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizard861. Show wizard861's posts

IR for the year, they basically drafted him for next season not this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I dont remember where I read it, but he has had a good rehab so far.  I think he will be PUPed and if they have injuries try him out, if not IR him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

They don't need to put him on IR just yet. The PUP list doesn't count towards the 53 man roster. Even if they expect to let him sit all of 09, they can still hold him off IR until week 12, I believe. I think it's they can be activated between weeks 7 and 12. If not they have to release him or put him on IR. That would mean they wouldn't need a spot for him until December. Who knows what injuries may happen (God forbid...last year was bad enough for two)! If they do put him on IR it would make me think he wouldn't be healthy enough to play at all this season. Hopefully they will be playing into week 22 in February!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

If the Patriots put Tate on the PUP list, they aren't obligated to activate him by week 12.  The Pats can claim that Tate still has a hangnail.  That will work.  So, a trip to the PUP list has all the advantages of a trip to the IR list, plus Tate can be activated in November if his knee works, if he has developed any football skills at all at the pro level, and if there's an injury hole to be filled.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

They have to put him on IR or the 53 man roster by week 12