Could have had Crennel!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Could have had Crennel!

I just ran across this article and it seems that Romeo most likely would have came back to NE if offered the job.  My guess is that BB didnt want him back as DC.  Im sure he knew that he was going to get rid of Pees and could have sooner if he really wanted Romeo back.  Oh well....Hope BB figures something out this offseason.

Here is the link......

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/01/27/romeo-crennel-considers-if-the-patriots-dc-job-had-been-open-a-day-earlier-and-links/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Could of had Crennel!

What does that have to do with anything.

Just because he didnt do well as a Head Coach doesnt mean he is not a good DC.  He has proven that he is a good DC. 

So your arguement makes no sense.

Its like saying that since Nick Saban failed as a HC because of what he did with the Dolphins, why would Alabama want to hire him.....well he just won a National Championship thats why.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

does STP stand for stupid, just wondering. anyway we certainly had a great defense when Romero was here,so what does Cleveland have to do with it. A good example of a coordinator who should have know enough to stay a coordinator.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I remember a coach in Cleveland that was awful the fans hated him,the media hated him, players were disgruntled with his decisions he had a lousy record and he was fired....good thing he was because this coaches name is Bill Belichick and he doesn't belong in the NFL. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I was waiting until the end of the year to see what opportunities were available, and then once you make a decision, you can’t say, ‘What if,’ ” Crennel told me. “Make a decision, go forward. You don’t have time to look back and say, ‘If it had come open earlier or if it’d come open later…’ It wasn’t open when I made the decision. You go forward.

No where does he say anything about the Pats

What he does say is 'end of the year' and if you remember we were still playing then.

All else is pure speculation by the Herald who like the Globe makes their living trying to stir up controversy in order to sell newspapers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

yeah, I dont know about this guy/girl STP....almost every comment this person posts is suspect.  If you look back at his/her comments you would be led to believe that the Pats went undefeated this year, because he/she sees no problems with this team.  At least thats the impression I get from his/her comments.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

That s*cks hard... now there are few good external candidates left and I don't think either Patricia or Johnson is ready yet.

Crennel and Weis could have come in and would have needed less time to adjust

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Romeo signed with the Cheifs when their season was over but the Pats season was still going. 

It would be very odd for a team to start shopping for a new DC while they are in the playoffs and if the media heard it would be asking every player "how do you feel about the Pats trying to find a new DC, Have the players stopped listening to Pees?, etc"  A circus, basically.  None of us really know what happenned whether they thought Pees would stay or they were waiting for Romeo to call or they didn't want him.  If he wanted to be at the Pats he should have waited til their season was over to sign, or called Bill.  As far as I can tell he did neither, and now even if the Pats want him they can't get him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Could have had Crennel!

For all the English teachers on this board, the title has been corrected.

Excuse my grammer...you can blame it on the Springfield Public School System....hahaha...j/k...im working on it.

@chuckfairbanks....I think you are a little out of line to call me ignorant.  This is just a discussion board for fans of all walks of life.  You dont see me calling you an a-hole or any other foul names.  So think before you type. 

@STP...BB did not rebuild the Browns to a playoff team. I believe he led them to the playoffs the first year he was there.  Then he got ran out of town a few years later and BB knows RC resume and im sure it had nothing to do with what he did in Cleveland, because if anybody knows what it like not to succeed in thier first HC job its BB.  I just think that BB doesnt like moving backwards.  I dont agree with it, but he knows alot more than both of us. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

COULD HAVE SHOULD HAVE.......WHAT EVER!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Hey chucky cheese this is a football board not an English language study group.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

No matter what the article does or doesn't say, the simple rule of thumb -- in any profession -- is that you don't go backward. Crennel wanting to come back, or Belichick being willing to take him back, would be a professional step backward for both of them. It would be like admitting their careers have nowhere to go but down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@p-mike....if thats the case, then why did BB go back and work for Parcells when he left Cleveland?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@1966....I was asking the question to P-Mike, since he believes that it would be a step back career wise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

My recollection of those events is that Belichick had been promised Parcells' job when the Tuna stepped down . . .  a job he ultimately turned up his nose at in favor of the Pats job . . . a move which, unless I'm greatly mistaken, involved compensatory draft picks.

So, in essence, Belichick did not return to work for Parcells, but ultimately to replace him.

Not really the same thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, whatever.  I HOPED he and Charlie would come back.  Would they? Were they invited? Who knows?  Didn't happen, and so that is that for a few more years anyway.  What I am REAL happy with is the end of the Pees era.  Didn't like the d with him running it, did like it ok with Mangenious. But i STILL say, with all the teams playing the 3-4 now, and Manning having figured out how to beat most of the 3-4 looks thrown at him, we should transition to the 4-3, with the biggest guys you can find on the d line, and push his O line back into his lap.  Big corners to hit his receivers off the line, a fairly large middle backer and two faster outsides to pick up the TE or slot.  Then whoever is in the position wont matter as much, the JOB will get done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"No matter what the article does or doesn't say, the simple rule of thumb -- in any profession -- is that you don't go backward." 

Exactly. Going back is a resume killer in any profession. Whether or not he could help the defense is irrelevant, he wouldn't have come back here. Yes, he was great while he was here, but life has a funny way of not wanting to imitate itself. I'd recommend getting used to that or you are in for a lifetime of misery.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from my10sense2. Show my10sense2's posts

Okay, the Pats were generally mediocre through their history, but it's still not fair to compare 10 win seasons from the 14 game season with the 16.