Could Moss/Belichick be Manipulating the Media?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Could Moss/Belichick be Manipulating the Media?

If Moss is not discussing his feelings through the media, the limelight is entirely on the young defense and the younger members of our offense. Brady needs a deal too but the media knows he won't be discussing any of that stuff publicly. Randy Moss' words can easily be used to push headlines, especially when it comes to the Patriots.

I've seen Moss live twice in the past month. Once, it was at the joint practice with the Falcons and I was about 15-20 feet away from them. At the game in Atlanta, I was in the 3rd row on the Patriots sideline. You just can't see that he's disgruntled or angry at the Patriots. I've seen Moss angry and uninterested and that Moss was walking off the field early, sitting on one end of the bench and just staring into outer space. From what I've seen, he's always around Brady discussing routes, joking around, etc. At one point in practice he was standing next to Belichick and making jokes and apparently, it was funny enough to even make Bill crack a smile.

I've read a few books on Belichick as well and there are countless stories where he paid a player on his team to start a fight in camp or to pull a prank on another player.

I wouldn't put it past Belichick to work something like this to just take the spotlight away from a young defense that's about to face their first real test in a high-powered Bengals offense.

What say you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

Re: Could Moss/Belichick be Manipulating the Media?

no

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

BB doesn't care about the media.  All he cares about right now are the Bengals.

Sealed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Bill and Tom don't negotiate Moss's deals. If he is angry, it is with management. That means the Krafts, and to whatever extent he works on deals, Floyd Reese.

I don't weigh in on things this way usually, but I hope they let Randy retire a Patriot. He has been very good here, and I think he has the gas left to be a very good WR for several more seasons. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Those were my hopes.  I wish there were more details though.  You know, how much is Moss looking at versus what the Pats offer is.  Or is there an offer even being planned.  Bottom line is I think he has plenty left in the tank. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nope, but Moss knows after they work out Brady's deal he'll be next. Pretty sure he just wants some attention. It's nothing more than working out priorities. Would Moss really want to stay in New England if Brady doesn't sign here? I don't think he would. Let's get Brady's deal done, Moss-man, you're next. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Moss has a problem filtering the stuff that comes out of his mouth.  Honesty to a fault maybe. 

He was asked how he feels about the contract, he said he feels unwanted.  I'm sure that doesn't sum up all his feelings about the Pats.  Like when they asked him if he smokes Marijuana years ago and he said yes.  Or about the people at Marshall that died years before he was born.  Didn't know them, doesn't affect how he plays. 

Just because something is true doesn't mean you have to say it, especially in front of a microphone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Could Moss/Belichick be Manipulating the Media?:
    [QUOTE]Moss has a problem filtering the stuff that comes out of his mouth.  Honesty to a fault maybe.  
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  It's just no big deal.  Given the guy's past problems running his mouth, he's done a remarkable job of growing up and saying less and less that offends anyone over the years.  Every once in a while he'll say something a tad annoying . . . but expecting perfect behavior from a football player is a fool's errand. Let the guy be.  He's the best receiver we've got--and he's done a pretty damn good job over the past few years for our club.  He deserves better from the fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

NO WAY -

I love Moss – at the same time it is very disappointing to see Moss using media to show his concerns. He needs to grow up and have his agent setup a meeting with the Patriots management and discuss his issues like all true professionals do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Moss wants the last big payday and contract before he retires. Tthere is no way he is going to give up on plays because he doesn't feel the love from the Pats!

If he has a stellar year he most likely prices himself out of the Pats price range and it is good bye. Then we worry about who we have to stretch the field.... Sorry but that is not Welker and too early to tell on Tate or Price. Even after the 2010 season with the later two, do we feel confident 2011 will be a dramatic improvement over 2010?

If Moss has an ok year the Pats could be in the mix next year for a short/medium term contract, but not long term.

If he has a poor year the Pats could offer him a short term contract he may accept.

Ack - I cannot wait until Sunday!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

He's just playing with your heads....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Nyet.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Oh . . .   absolutely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I fully believe there is NOTHING>>> NO LENGTH>>>that Bill B won't go to for an edge.  But I don't think this would be an edge for him.  Nope.  Randy just started up again, is all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

BUT can you all agree that there has been little to none in the paper/articles/interviews with any of the young defensive & offensive players this week???  I've seen or read nothing this whole week on them...just on Randy & Brady...I concurr that BB had a hand in this.