Could Moss even make it through waivers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Could Moss even make it through waivers?

As much as I think it'd be fun to have a humbled Randy Moss back, I doubt hel'll make it through waivers...

Do you think his inconsistent efforts and subversive locker room habits could scare other teams away?  I know people were questioning his effort with the Vikings.  I also know that he just threw his own coach under the bus.

I don't think a team without a good QB and a good coach could handle him.  I also don't think that any QB who has a weak arm could handle him.  This eliminates:
    All the teams with losing records
    All the teams with spotty coaching
    All the teams with QBs who can't throw the deep ball
    And of course, all the teams who are set at WR

If you don't have a good coach, a good QB who can throw deep, AND a chance at the playoffs, Randy Moss will tear your locker room apart and cause more problems than his $3.8 million salary is worth.  Just sayin'

I think there are very few teams who will claim him with intent to have him contribute.  If he's claimed early, it'll be to block other teams from getting him or just to take a lucky stab at it and hope for the best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Could Moss even make it through waivers?

Wel, there are 3 hours left.  So, that would mean the worst teams in the league apparently haven't had an interest in a claim.

Unless they wait until 4 to announce? Not sure why they would if Buffalo wants him.

I do know the submittals for a claim are not known to the public.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Could Moss even make it through waivers?:
    [QUOTE]Wel, there are 3 hours left.  So, that would mean the worst teams in the league apparently haven't had an interest in a claim. Unless they wait until 4 to announce? Not sure why they would if Buffalo wants him. I do know the submittals for a claim are not known to the public.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Heard Moss is on there until tomorrow.  The Vikings missed the deadline yesterday (4pm) to add him to the waiver wire.  Still early.  We'll see, but I don't think he'll fall all the way through (c*ckbl*ck claim or desperation claim).  I'm hoping that Moss is a problem that only Belichick and Brady can handle...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Yea, Moss GOES on the wire today at 4pm, and then teams can file claims. 

I doubt he gets past St. Louis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Nick,

I heard the same thing. His waiver period starts at 4:00 pm today.

I can see ways/reasons why he makes it through, and his talent is a big reason he might not. 

Those same reasons make me wonder if NE would even re-sign him .... they could use the legs, but (even if he presently is swooning over NE) do they need the head ....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]He wont' make it. Too many teams in the NFC that could use him. Almost no team is out it. He'd be perfect in San Diego's system since they love the long ball and they only have 3 wins. Nothing to lose.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

You think he's a better fit there with Vincent Jackson back over say, a KC who  has a dropsy (Dwayne Bowe) as their #1?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

New thought process: If Moss' agent made it clear to the Seahawks, Rams, et al that Moss will NOT report if they claim him, would teams pass on him?  Would a team pay $3.8 million for a player who will refuse to report?  Would they still have to pay the $3.8 million if Moss doesn't report?  Or is part of that game checks?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Nick, 

Again. A good (and important) question.

Moss seems so hung up on playing in NE. If he was being truthful, then I would tend to think he would try to come back here.

Even if he does report, I can't see him putting his body on the line for another team (if he is honest) without a secure long term deal.

And if teams think that, it would hurt his chances of getting claimed ....

I think the funnier part is which team would put in a $3.9 million claim knowing he won't play all out or might sit, just to block NE from getting him? That would be hilarious because I don't think it is a fait accompli that BB would even invite him back ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Agreed again.

Right now, there are 30 paranoid or desperate teams pondering what to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Here's another change of thought on this.  Perhaps Moss realized very quickly that the situation in Minny was a dysfunctional mad house and decided to force his way out of there too. 

Childress can't control Farvre, even to the point of deciding whether or not he would play with two ankle breaks.  The coach also did not get to pick his Q.B. Farvre was forced on him by management.  So who's running the locker room?  anybody?  Doesn't sound like anybody is. 

Then there is the fact that Farvre has been very ordinary this season, so no hi-light reels for Randy.  Randy needs a career year and he wasn't going to get it playing for the Vikes.  On to some other team that will hopefully have a good throwing Q.B. and a real need.  Hello Denver or maybe KC...  Dallas might want him to fill seats in their stadium now that they are done and never put it past their owner, he's all about show, I mean look at that jumbotron.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

At 2-5 Denver is as out of it as Minny now is.

Moss going to Denver willfully tells me he only cares about money, which I would have agreed with to a degree a month ago, but I am not sure I buy it now.

The guy is basically publicly announcing he was an idiot by requesting a trade out of NE.

This means he wants to be in NE.

Any NFL team that thinks he's going to go 100% either as a .500 team or even a winning team is out of their minds.

He had the PERFECT environment in NE and now sees anywhere but NE is the wrong answer.

I'll ask this again:

Does he have to report if claimed? I think he can retire, but that means he's done for 2010.

But, is there a penalty if he doesn't report?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think the only penalty if he doesn't report is he doesn't get paid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Wouldn't he just not get paid for, say 2 weeks then, until NE came calling?

He just paid 25K for not speaking to the media. I know 25K is a lot less than his weekly check, but you get the point.

I am just not buying his postgame comments and refusal to get on the plane was to leave the Vikings for greener pastures, but for the hope somehow NE will welcome him back.

He's bent on playing in NE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Wouldn't he just not get paid for, say 2 weeks then, until NE came calling? He just paid 25K for not speaking to the media. I know 25K is a lot less than his weekly check, but you get the point. I am just not buying his postgame comments and refusal to get on the plane was to leave the Vikings for greener pastures, but for the hope somehow NE will welcome him back. He's bent on playing in NE.  

I don't disagree with your take, Russ, but I do question whether the Pats would actually welcome him back and -- even if they would -- if certain division rivals would allow that to happen.

I made a comment in one of the endless "Moss is waived" threads yesterday that it would be screamingly funny if, somehow, unbeknownst to anyone beyond the inner sanctum, Moss and Belichick orchestrated this whole thing from the very beginning and are both chuckling quietlty to themselves as we speak.

I don't really believe that, but it would be beyond hilarious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Well, unlikely, but the comedic aspect is funny. 

It would also send jealous fans into a rage, because I think they'd see it as another fleecing by BB, hinting at that theory.

To be honest, there is some logic behind it.

BB knows, as many here mentioned, Moss's best chance to act correctly was here.  BB had all the leverage the whole time just like he had with Mankins.

Bruschi said it.   Moss is basically admitting it with his actions.

No one saw this release coming, but then again, that situation in Minny had disaster written all over it.   So, it's not completely surprising Minny has blown up.

I think this is why the questions kept popping up about Moss returning next year.

When you go from Brady-- />Favre-->? How is that what he wants?

I don't think he thought BB had the stones to trade him in a contract year, mid season.

Moss is very good friends with Brady. Loves the Krafts, BB, etc.   He placed himself and $$ above what he had.

Now, it appears he's gotten the message.

Clearly, any team can claim him and I am sure there will be claims, but if Moss uses another environment for selfish gain, say in Denver, to use 9 more games to get his stats up, that will not work.

And, I think he knows this.

He requested a trade to force a deal from BB and it backfired.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

the trade deadline came and passed already.  I wonder if he'd get waived twice in one season... and if that would somehow affect his hall of fame candidacy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No kidding the deadline passed. What is the point in mentioning that now?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]No kidding the deadline passed. What is the point in mentioning that now?

People keep talking like the Pats can still trade for Moss for reasons I don't understand...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Another Question: if a team signs Randy for the rest of 2010 and is not able to resign him for 2011 will they get a compensatory draft pick (presumably a 3rd rounder) in 2011? It is a nice incentive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquanet. Show aquanet's posts

As it was explained to me, if he doesn't report, he has to sit out the rest of the season with no pay.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Another Question: if a team signs Randy for the rest of 2010 and is not able to resign him for 2011 will they get a compensatory draft pick (presumably a 3rd rounder) in 2011? It is a nice incentive.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. All I've heard is that they have to pick up his contract from the Vikings. After this year he's completely free.

If he clears waivers and then gets picked up he gets to double dip. Gets paid by his new team plus collects on the rest of his contract from the Vikings.

No one gets any draft picks out of either senerio

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]As it was explained to me, if he doesn't report, he has to sit out the rest of the season with no pay.
    Posted by aquanet[/QUOTE]

I forgot option 3 but yes he can choose to sit out the rest of the season.  Is there a 4? Get picked up off of the waiver wire then get traded? Granted it would be an even dumber move as trading than pick for him then releasing him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

The Pats won't claim him as they have the last pick. If he falls that far the Pats will go for a resign at a lower price rather then paying the full salary. However he wont probably make it all the way through the NFL waiver list

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't see how the Jets "gave" us Woody, or we "took" Woody from them. Woody was let go, and we decided to pick him up. Nothing sneaky about it, and I don't see revenge playing a part in it. Could Moss make the Jets a better offense? No doubt. But I do doubt he goes there. He will be long gone before the Jets. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Question....If a team claims him, does Moss have to sign the offer, or however that works? Does he have to play for them or can he decline it and move on to the next team?