Could Suh fall to 5? if he does would the Chiefs trade for that spot? Interesting article, what if?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Could Suh fall to 5? if he does would the Chiefs trade for that spot? Interesting article, what if?

Interesting article looking at how Suh could be there at #5.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/372697-patriots-rebuilding-the-all-decade-defense-ndamukong-suh

Summary Suh falls to 5, Rams Bradford, Lions OT, Bucs DT McCoy, Skins OT

A possible trade the writer suggest is Matt Light and #22 and a 2nd or just Light and 22 for the #5.

I would love to see this trade although I don't know Suh actually gets to 5.  The trade I would propose to the Chiefs is Light #22 and hope that is enough if not give them a future 2011 2nd round and 2010 6th round.

That would leave the Pats with a whole at RT, Katzur is not the answer, in the 2nd they could pickup Saffold or in the 4th Calloway.  If this goes down Suh would be a beast on that right spot, add a pass rusher and this D will be much more improved.
    Why would the chiefs do it?  well they need a LT to protect Cassel and maybe they dont' want to pay another high salary or as the article suggest a favor returned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Re: Could Suh fall to 5? if he does would the Chiefs trade for that spot? Interesting article, what if?

I commented before i think Light is trade bait ......  I think he's an upgrade over Fat Albert there current Left Tackle who most think is a G.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Re: Could Suh fall to 5? if he does would the Chiefs trade for that spot? Interesting article, what if?

The Bolts should trade 28 & 40 for 5 and knab the boy named Sioux. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M89c3hWx3RQ

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Personally, I see a 0% chance that Suh makes it to pick 5.  On top of that, with Pioli being part of that, "you build from the trenches out" philosophy, why would he pass on potentially the best DL prospect of the past decade for an aging LT on the downside of his career and a couple of top 50 picks?

It's nonsensical to think Pioli will hand NE a franchise type player as a return favor.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Could Suh fall to 5? if he does would the Chiefs trade for that spot? Interesting article, what if?:
    Personally, I see a 0% chance that Suh makes it to pick 5.... It's nonsensical to think Pioli will hand NE a franchise type player as a return favor.....
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

It's only nonsensical to you because you're applying common sense.  You should know by now that sports fans don't operate with such constraints.  This is like a Sox fan saying they should package Michael Bowden, Lars Anderson and Mike Lowell for Adrian Gonzalez.  Like every other club out there exists to fulfill the needs of the local teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Could Suh fall to 5? if he does would the Chiefs trade for that spot? Interesting article, what if?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Suh fall to 5? if he does would the Chiefs trade for that spot? Interesting article, what if? : It's only nonsensical to you because you're applying common sense.  You should know by now that sports fans don't operate with such constraints.  This is like a Sox fan saying they should package Michael Bowden, Lars Anderson and Mike Lowell for Adrian Gonzalez.  Like every other club out there exists to fulfill the needs of the local teams.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE

Adrian Gonzalez would hit 50 jacks in Fenway as well as get more gold gloves. The Sox better get him before the White Sox or Yankees do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Could Suh fall to 5? if he does would the Chiefs trade for that spot? Interesting article, what if? : It's only nonsensical to you because you're applying common sense.  You should know by now that sports fans don't operate with such constraints.  This is like a Sox fan saying they should package Michael Bowden, Lars Anderson and Mike Lowell for Adrian Gonzalez.  Like every other club out there exists to fulfill the needs of the local teams.
    Posted by Muzwell

Ha, I'd love to have a job, like the author of this article, where I could just throw out hypotheticals all day and get paid to do so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Could Suh fall to 5? if he does would the Chiefs trade for that spot? Interesting article, what if? : [/QUOTE Adrian Gonzalez would hit 50 jacks in Fenway as well as get more gold gloves. The Sox better get him before the White Sox or Yankees do.
    Posted by jbolted

No doubt.  My point is that you're not going to get a guy like that, or a guy like Suh, for lesser prospects or draft picks and has beens like Lowell or Light.  Let's be real.  Now if Suh were to fall, which seems highly unlikely at this point, there might be a package that KC would bite on, but it's not what was proposed in this thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

problem with the article is it is written by a fan just like us! That article has no more weight than some of the posts you see here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

With McNabb inhouse, and the preasure off to get a Franchise QB, Washington make a better trading partner.  Washington, thanks to the trade has only #4 in the top 100 picks.  They may wish to make a deal like: Light, #22 & # 47.  Of course, that is if Suh makes it past Detroit and Tampa.   I really think Detroit grabs Okung.  Stafford can not afford another savage beating like he took last year.   Stafford could be a M*A*S*H unit regular after a few more years behind that offensive line.   David Carr is an example of a franchise QB that spend too much of his developing years scraping himself off the jerseys of Linebackers, blitzing safeties and 280+ lb Defensive linemen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Why trade up?  They have 4 top picks.  Use them wisely.  Trade Light for another pick, but dont waste the 4 you have.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]With McNabb inhouse, and the preasure off to get a Franchise QB, Washington make a better trading partner.  Washington, thanks to the trade has only #4 in the top 100 picks.  They may wish to make a deal like: Light, #22 & # 47.  Of course, that is if Suh makes it past Detroit and Tampa.   I really think Detroit grabs Okung.  Stafford can not afford another savage beating like he took last year.   Stafford could be a M*A*S*H unit regular after a few more years behind that offensive line.   David Carr is an example of a franchise QB that spend too much of his developing years scraping himself off the jerseys of Linebackers, blitzing safeties and 280+ lb Defensive linemen.
    Posted by rolltide1963[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. I think Light could be a good option for them to help their immediate needs on the o-line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Why trade up?  They have 4 top picks.  Use them wisely.  Trade Light for another pick, but dont waste the 4 you have.
    Posted by msteven[/QUOTE]

Well, you're certainly not wrong in saying this msteven.  But, I'd be awfully tempted to trade up if a guy like Suh were made available.  He's a pretty special talent.  They can stay where they are and if they're doing well, pick two or three good football players.  But it's not likely (although possible) to find a perennial all-pro.  While Suh might not pan out (remember Ken Sims), chances are much better he'll be that guy.  A difference maker.  Maybe be to the Pats what Jared Allen is to the Vikings.  You pay a premium for those guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from grammbo14. Show grammbo14's posts

Suh has no chance of falling to #5 because EVERYONE says TB would be doing cartwheels if Suh falls to them, i.e. they are not taking McCoy over Suh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Suh has no chance of falling to #5 because EVERYONE says TB would be doing cartwheels if Suh falls to them, i.e. they are not taking McCoy over Suh.
    Posted by grammbo14[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing about the draft, any time somebody says something nice about a player before the draft (like Parcells did this week about Tebow or like BB did previously about Tebow), you know they have no interest in taking the guy.  Same with the majority of the player visits.  It's all a smokescreen.  The guy they're not talking about is the guy they really want. 

So if EVERYONE is saying it, it's probably not true.  I think McCoy is a better fit for Tampa's defense (but they'll pick Suh if McCoy is gone).  But they want you to think Suh is their guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Pioli was in NE in 2001 when they took Big Sey and had a front row seat to the impact he had on those championship defenses.  Granted every player is different, but the potential is there for Suh to duplicate that kind of impact, though as I stated above there is basically a 0% chance he lasts to #5.

Can you imagine, Tyson Jackson goes #3 overall to KC in 2009 and Suh (arguably the best DL prospect of the last decade) slipping to #5 overall?  I can't....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

me either

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I hope so.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

[QUOTE]Tyson Jackson goes #3 overall to KC in 2009 and Suh (arguably the best DL prospect of the last decade) slipping to #5 overall?  I can't....
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Tyson Jackson was a need.  KC should have traded out of #3 and picked up Jackson somewhere in the mid 1st round.  My guess, no takers on what they were demanding.   Suh, on the other hand has all the tools to be the next Randy White, in other words, a Defensive Line man that makes living on throttling QBs and devouring RBs attempting to run past him.   Barring catastrophic injury,  ten years from now, no one will be mentioning Tyson Jackson and Suh in the same sentence.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

[QUOTE]Why trade up?  They have 4 top picks.  Use them wisely.  Trade Light for another pick, but dont waste the 4 you have.

And just look where we are today with that type of mentality which has dominated our draft picks.  Last year is a case in point.  I bet much of what is debated this year would be moot had Bill not had his Jones on for Butler and Ron Brace.  We should have taken Matthews, now in Green bay, with our original pick.  This year, if you have a legit shot at Suh and the cost is Light and a 2nd rd pick ..................  don't think about it.  Just do it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Suh has no chance of falling to #5 because EVERYONE says TB would be doing cartwheels if Suh falls to them, i.e. they are not taking McCoy over Suh.
    Posted by grammbo14[/QUOTE]

Some experts have McCoy ranked ahead of Suh, not saying he is just saying there are some who think McCoy is better than Suh.  If some of those are in Tampa we will never know until draft day.

Just an interesting thought and maybe dream land but I would love to see Suh in a Patriots uniform. 

So what I take is this is not a topic if McCoy instead of Suh is there at 4 or 5?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This will not happen. If it did it would involve the Raiders pick not #22 in 2010.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Amen, Amen and Amen. I hope Msteven is in our draft room. the problem with the franchise or exceptional player argument is that the whole team dives with one injury - that is not Pats team football. Much better off with a number of Blue collar guys - leave the superstars to the Redskins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Suh fall to 5? if he does would the Chiefs trade for that spot? Interesting article, what if? : Some experts have McCoy ranked ahead of Suh, not saying he is just saying there are some who think McCoy is better than Suh.  If some of those are in Tampa we will never know until draft day. Just an interesting thought and maybe dream land but I would love to see Suh in a Patriots uniform.  So what I take is this is not a topic if McCoy instead of Suh is there at 4 or 5?
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]
    Scouts say that McCoy is a better 4-3 DE and Suh is a better over all player (who can play 34 DE as well). I would love for us to get SUh, but we have so many holes to fill that we cannot afford to lose any draft picks.