could there be more bucs,and raider players reuniteing in new england?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

could there be more bucs,and raider players reuniteing in new england?

well jason taylor went back to miami,and peppers was a nice rumor,but there are a few possibilities out there.Derrik Brooks.a hard working lunch pail player.simeon rice,who im hereing is in great shape and wants to prove himself,and a veteran back up QB in brian greise.there veterans that the younger guys could learn from,and they add insurance if the young guys cant get it done.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/13/griese-about-to-be-cut/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: could there be more bucs players reuniteing in new england?

Simeon Rice is the only one I'd be interested in picking up. Brooks is a poor fit for the 3-4. Griese would likely be costly and the Pats would likely rather develop Hoyer or Gutierrez than sign Griese.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

why would brooks be a poor fit in a 3-4?ive never seen him play it.so it would be hard to say he cant do it.he would struggle no more then who we have,but he has the edge for knowledge of the game,and a nice veteran QB on the roster cant hurt,and with him being 34,and the market for starters being none he may just want to be a pat at a reasonable price.it dosent stop the development of the young Qb,s,and if any of them are better then greise then they win the back-up slot,but it adds some security if o-connel or who ever cant get it done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]why would brooks be a poor fit in a 3-4?ive never seen him play it.so it would be hard to say he cant do it.he would struggle no more then who we have,but he has the edge for knowledge of the game,and a nice veteran QB on the roster cant hurt,it dosent stop the development of the young Qb,s,and if any of them are better then greise then they win the back-up slot,but it adds some security if o-connel or who ever cant get it done.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Brooks is too short (6'), too small (235), and too slow at his age (36). No. He has no shot at all at playing as well as any of the ILBs on this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

you gotta be kidding me, simeon rice was just on pro's versus joes, i think that signals the end of his career

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

your right he dosent at the ILB spot,but its the out side that desprately needs help.and he would give it a lot more chance then who we have.a lot of unproven players.and insurance never hurts.and as much as some may not like the older players,and think they are done.its BB that loves them,and uses them to there full abilities and they all turn out great for a year,or two.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Both of those guys are ancient but, to be frank, I think Brooks would be a better fit than Rice.  I base that really on the fact that Rice hasn't done much in the past two years playing a total of 16 games over that point in time.  Brooks, however, could be a Seau type of player who is smart enough to figure out our D.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]your right he dosent at the ILB spot,but its the out side that desprately needs help.and he would give it a lot more chance then who we have.a lot of unproven players.and insurance never hurts.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

On the outside, the player has to be even bigger than on the inside and Brooks is not even a pass rusher.

If we're looking for LBs, they have to be at least 6'1, 240, and that's too likely not big enough. OLB is ideally 6'4" to 6'6", 250+ pounds, and the ILB position we're looking to fill is ideally 6'1" to 6'3", 245+ pounds. Both would hopefully with better than a 4.6 40-time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]you gotta be kidding me, simeon rice was just on pro's versus joes, i think that signals the end of his career
    Posted by ZRob101[/QUOTE]

so was Eddie Jones and he can still play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacksola. Show jacksola's posts

Simeon Rice and D.Brooks?

Brilliant

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

why not get some former eagles to play here? i think the pats should sign reggie white and jerome brown. sure they've lost a step but they have the size! lets get real here. there are two defenses that are dominating the nfl right now: the patriots 3-4 hybrid style and the tampa-2. why would the pats possibly want to bring in two players that are considered too old to play the tampa-2 anymore...by tampa??? if they can't play in their natural defense they have no shot of playing here. the only reason that pisa tinoisamoa is a possibility here is that he is still fast enough and athletic enough to help out in certain packages (although i still doubt he's coming here). 
    i do think that the pats will add another linebacker to the outside and to the inside, but they will probably be players who will be cut later in the offseason after roster cutdowns.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]why not get some former eagles to play here? i think the pats should sign reggie white and jerome brown. sure they've lost a step but they have the size! lets get real here. there are two defenses that are dominating the nfl right now: the patriots 3-4 hybrid style and the tampa-2. why would the pats possibly want to bring in two players that are considered too old to play the tampa-2 anymore...by tampa??? if they can't play in their natural defense they have no shot of playing here. the only reason that pisa t inoisamoa  is a possibility here is that he is still fast enough and athletic enough to help out in certain packages (although i still doubt he's coming here).  i do think that the pats will add another linebacker to the outside and to the inside, but they will probably be players who will be cut later in the offseason after roster cutdowns.
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]does BB really care what we think of the age of the player? im not saying the pats will sign the guys,but i will welcome it if it happens.insurance to the OLB wont hurt,for we have nothing but unproven players there outside AD-thomas who is as some put it up there in age.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

What about Junior??? haha

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]What about Junior??? haha
    Posted by Shtarka[/QUOTE]
    i would welcome him,or even colvin.haveing solid vets to come in if the younger guys cant do it is a good thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]so was Eddie Jones and he can still play.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

At the risk of sounding ignorant, who is Eddie Jones? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Honestly I would like to see players like Crable and Guyton get more of a shot. Hey they have to start at some point. We also have pre-season cuts if these guys aren't panning out. You never know all of a sudden a guy like Crable could be the 2nd coming of Willie McGinest. You won't know unless you play them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]At the risk of sounding ignorant, who is Eddie Jones? 
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jonesed02.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jonesed02.html

Thanks for the info.  Not much of a hoops fan AL (after Larry).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots have plenty of viable options without rushing out and hiring another over the hill has been..I think that Redd will make massive strides this year and Crable will offer stiff competition for Redd should he not make the projected first year to second year leap,as for for inside backer help they will give Antonio Appleby every oppurtunity to make the team,and don't forget about the hybrid Safety/ILB Tank Williams.Bruschi will gives them one more solid year as a 2 down linebacker with Guyton as his primary back up.Like Nick Casserio said tonight there's still 3 months left to build this team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Lets go with the young guys, Colvin and Seau are on speed dial already.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Rumors are swirling that Brian Griese could be headed to New England once the Bucs cut him loose.

I love the idea. I've heard a lot of support for O'Connel and Gutierrez, but give me the proven veteran every single time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: could there be more bucs,and raider players reuniteing in new england?

lets see we can add andrew walters,and the rookie LB/DE from the raiders.possibly kevin carter.along with galloway,and alex smith.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: could there be more bucs,and raider players reuniteing in new england?:
    [QUOTE]lets see we can add andrew walters,and the rookie LB/DE from the raiders.possibly kevin carter.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] and now burgess.which probably means kevin carter isnt comeing.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=719

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

In Response to Re: could there be more bucs players reuniteing in new england?:
    [QUOTE]Simeon Rice is the only one I'd be interested in picking up. Brooks is a poor fit for the 3-4. Griese would likely be costly and the Pats would likely rather develop Hoyer or Gutierrez than sign Griese.
    Believe me, you would not want locker room poison like simeon rice in NE. He wasn't that well liked in either one of his longest stays (Arizona and Tampa Bay).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Moss was a disgruntled Raider, a crybaby.  LaMont Jordan was a too-slow over-the-hill Raider, good riddance.  QB Walter was skipping practices all over the place.  Now the Pats have been dealt Mister Holdout, OLB Burgess. 

Just to ask, have the Raiders got anyone else throwing a tantrum these days?