Could use some fantasy help

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Could use some fantasy help

I just finished drafting for my fantasy football league and could use a little help. I had the last pick in a 12 person league and am not very happy with how it went. All the players that I wanted were getting snatched before I could get them.

The rules are typical fantasy rules with passing TDs at 4 points, receiving 6, rushing 6. You start QB/WR/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/K/D. Again, there are twelve managers.

Here is my roster:

QB: Peyton Manning
    WR: Dez Bryant
    WR: Demaryius Thomas
    WR: Reggie Wayne
    RB: Chris Johnson
    RB: Fred Jackson
    TE: Jimmy Graham
    K: -
    DEF: Denver

BN: Stevan Ridley
    BN: Jay Cutler
    BN: Justin Blackmon
    BN: CJ Spiller
    BN: Randy Moss
    BN: Stephen Hill
    BN: Shane Vereen
    BN: Heath Miller
    BN: Julian Edelman

Ok, so one of the first glaring holes is kicker. I thought that I had another pick that I was saving for kicker. I need to drop a player to pick one up now. I'm torn between Miller and Edelman, but probably Edelman after the Pats got Salas. I thought Edelman would be a solid backup now that he is third or fourth string and this league has so many bench positions. Who should I drop? There aren't really any other good TEs left, but I have a good feeling about Edelman (I am very biased).

Also, I realize that my team is very boom or bust. There is potential there, but almost every single player has question marks... Any tips would be great.

Thanks all

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Re: Could use some fantasy help

i dont think that is all that bad. I assume 12 , 13 was Graham and Johnson. My draft is tomorrow. where did Gronk go? in first round?

If Peyton is Peyton you are in high cotton especially with the double dip with Thomas.

kicking dilemna

i would drop Miller TE  you have a stud with Graham  so you have 5 weeks to figure out a sub TE for one week than Graham will finish out ( I know barring injuries .. the bane of fantasy). Also by then some other copy cat team will have adopted the 2 TE offense and some guy will emerge .. Denver, Detroit, they seem to have 2 guys.

It seems you have Pats RB covered.

I am holding my breath hoping Brady is still there at 6.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Thanks for the tips. Gronk went at 11, so I went with Johnson at 12 and Graham at 13. I didn't plan on picking a tight end so early, but I didn't like any of the other players that were on the board then. Brady went fourth overall in my league which is full of Patriots fans, so that was expected.

The only problem with getting rid of Miller is that the best TE left is Ed Dickson. However, I would hate for Welker or Lloyd to get injured and lose the chance at Edelman. I don't know where they expect Salas to be though...

Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I don't think you could go wrong either way between dropping Edelman or Miller.  I honestly don't see where you will ever play Edelmen and Miller if you are lucky will only have to use Miller for 1 game (bye week).  If you drop Miller then by the time you need a TE  for Grahams bye week you can just either not use one for that week (Miller wont get many points anyway) or drop some player you never use and pick up a TE for that week.  Actually I would probably drop Stephen Hill over everyone.  You have at least 3 players there to mess around with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Thanks for the tips. Gronk went at 11, so I went with Johnson at 12 and Graham at 13. I didn't plan on picking a tight end so early, but I didn't like any of the other players that were on the board then. Brady went fourth overall in my league which is full of Patriots fans, so that was expected.

The only problem with getting rid of Miller is that the best TE left is Ed Dickson. However, I would hate for Welker or Lloyd to get injured and lose the chance at Edelman. I don't know where they expect Salas to be though...

Good luck!

I don't know, even if Welker or Lloyd get hurt (God forbid) you have receivers who will get more points then Edelman would. imo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Yeah, I don't think that I will need to use either of them except for the TE bye week, but I see more potential in Edelman. I think I'm going to drop Miller and see if there is another TE when I need one. God forbid Lloyd or Welker gets hurt then at the very least I will have some trade bait.

I think that Hill will be decent this year despite being part of the Jets offense. He's tall and fast so hopefully Sanchez will force a lot of balls to him. If that happens he's bound to get lucky once in a while and Hill is their number 2 as far as I know.

Hopefully everything works out