Could we get Arron Curry for Mid rounder?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Could we get Arron Curry for Mid rounder?

In a post from schefter's 10 spot..."Adding some Curry: One week after benching linebacker Aaron Curry, a former fourth overall pick in the draft, Seattle is listening to offers for him, according to a source familiar with the process. The same source said the Seahawks already have spoken to "a number of teams about him" and are willing to take a mid-round pick for him.

The signs continue to point to the end of Curry's time in Seattle. Shortly after the lockout, the Seahawks restructured Curry's contract. Last week they benched him. And now they are open to dealing him in the right situation for a fair price before the Oct. 18 trade deadline.

Two teams this week said that, in the right system, Curry, 25, still could salvage his career and turn into a superb linebacker."

Pete Carrol's an idiot, we know that here.  Let's take advantage of their stupidity and add a real quality LB.  They mis-used him, tried to make him a passrusher this yr.  We run a 3-4 and a 4-3, bb could get this guy going in the right direction to help out at least one of those schemes.  Hes young and could help a hurting D...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Could we get Arron Curry for Mid rounder?

I actually agree, not that NE's LBers are weak. In fact, I think of them as the strength of the defense now. 

But Curry (for the right price) would be interesting. 

I am going to say it wouldn't happen, because he really isn't experienced, and BB rarely gets kids without experience. If this were a vested vet who had trouble transition or wore out his welcome, someone who could contribute a little form day-one, it might seem more possible to me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

given our lack of depth at S, is there anyone out there who we could get to shore up one of our weaker areas?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

If the Pats want to go back to a 3-4 defense or on passing downs sure (a 2012 4th rounder) he may be worth it.  More speed on defense, even if it is on 3rd down/passing downs and special teams, cant hurt any.  Also, if Mayo will be out for 6 weeks, I would rather see someone other than Guyton "I take awful angles" out there all the time. 
    His signing bonus is gone now, so now it is his base salary which is still bigso it will have to be adjusted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

not happening. BB wont give up a 4th and we dont have 5th, 6th or 7th's next year. To bad I'd like to see it to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

Opps, meant 2013 4th.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I thought Maybin had more promise and would have loved to pick him up when the Jets dumped him the first time. With that said Curry has talent but hasn't shown more then Tarp and Tarp has more heart and drive imo. If there was someone on the roster that wasn't making the cut and we didn't have 3 players ready to come off the PuP that we still need to decide on I'd give him a go. For a 4th in 13' he's worth a try but I just don't know who I'd move off the roster to make room for a gamble like him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Someone mentioned Guyton and him taking poor angles. I'll tell yea he's a frustrating player to watch because he's got a lot of tools; he's fast, quick, decent size, athletic - in my opinion he's a bit of a soft player. This guy looks as if he'd rather die than take on blocks (and he's big enough), he just tries to run right around them. I've seen him play tough, and he does it well, but he doesn't do it enough and I question his heart for that. He's got a real shot to become a real starting middle backer in the next few weeks, I just think he'll blow it.