Cowardly Colts' Organization Shows Its' True Colors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: Cowardly Colts' Organization Shows Its' True Colors

Sigh -   
    #1 - Here's what you said
     - Even you have admitted that Polian made a mistake.  (I never said that)
    Now you say:
     - You've already admitted that you disagreed with Polian's decision
    These are two very very different things.  Only you would try to make them the same.   

#2 - I was speaking for myself.  The one who needs this advice is you, because you are trying to put words in my mouth. 

#3 - I make perfect sense which is a problem with you.  you keep trying to steer a different discussion that I was having with someone else back to the discussion you want to have, and since I called you on it, I got an unintelligent retort and more efforts to steer the conversation.  That is very rude to both Lastat and me.  Shame on you. 

#4 - Re: Brady:  As I said, I don't know.  I just know that a pats fan on the board made this comment in one of these threads about the colts resting players.  If you have a problem with that, I suggest you take it up with that Pat fan.  

#5 - Polian and Caldwell earned the right to make the decision they made, and they have told you why they made that decision.  You are entitled to your opinion of their decision and reasoning, but you seem to be trying to tell me that either I am not entitled to mine or if it differs from yours then I am wrong.  Who are you David Koresh?

Finally, everyone knows why you are treating this with the same vigor that a teenager treats a Penthouse.  It's obvious.  The fact is your efforts will never cause spygate to be forgotten.  You can attempt to get your pound of flesh, but really you're just pounding sand.   

I am ok with you keeping this up.  In fact, I am amused by it.  Everytime you and Root get the itch, it reminds me of Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  This story is Phoebe Cates in a bikini and you and Root are Judge Reihold in the bathroom.  

Jones away my friend.  Jones away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Did you ever think the Colts are chokes, mainly Manning if you watched him against the Chargers two years ago, I believe, when he was trying a last minute drive to win or tie, and he was rolling out and literally thru the ball at least 3 times exactly like he was throwing a dart and they were 10-20 yard passes that fell 3 feet in front of his receivers.  We went for the 16-0 and we lost in the SB so that also blows your arguement out of the water.  Also, Kraft ran into Calipari after his teams 15plus winning streak ended and told him his team would be better off, and they almost won the NCAA championship.  I prayed every day, knowing we would not win the SB
    if we went undefeated into it and we lost because our offensive line was totally complacent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

There's too much useless thinking going on. Every play, every game, every remark is scrutinized and dissected by the media and the internet. You should play to win every game. You're being paid millions but you should want to win anyway. As someone else here mentioned, that's the way Dick Butkus and Deacon Jones played. So times have changed. So have attitudes. For the worse. Sort of like our foreign policy since WWII.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Yapple - I think the players wanted to play, but they were removed from the game.  What then do you expect of the players?  A temper tantrum on the sidelines?  Not coming off the field when ordered to do so?  Is that what Dick Butkus would have done? 

Pats fans can't stand the player who utters one word against the wishes of the organization.  How can you criticize the players for following their superior's orders?  At least give colts players the respect they deserve for following orders. 
    Seems to me that following orders is one of those old time ideals you cherish.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

My post wasn't specific enough. I was referring to the general attitudes of today. Obviously, even I know that the decision to sit players comes from the coach or front office.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Double sigh!! Dogg(g), you stated the following:

"#1 - Here's what you said
     - Even you have admitted that Polian made a mistake.  (I never said that)
    Now you say:
     - You've already admitted that you disagreed with Polian's decision
    These are two very very different things.  Only you would try to make them the same.   

RESPONSE: OK...enough of your parsing words and babble!! What is your position on "wimpgate"? Should the Colts have gone for the undefeated season? Do you agree with Polian's decision to pull his starters against the Jets? If you do not agree, why not? The first two questions merely require a "yes" or "no". So please, spare us any more of your BS. 

#2 - I was speaking for myself.  The one who needs this advice is you, because you are trying to put words in my mouth.

RESPONSE: OK...once you answer the questions above...all will be clear. 

#3 - I make perfect sense which is a problem with you.

RESPONSE: Yeah...you and Bill Polian both...LOL!! 

you keep trying to steer a different discussion that I was having with someone else back to the discussion you want to have, and since I called you on it, I got an unintelligent retort and more efforts to steer the conversation.

RESPONSE: Sorry if you think that my response was "unintelligent". But, in an effort to be understood, I had to talk down to your level.

That is very rude to both Lastat and me.  Shame on you.

RESPONSE: Since when does being rude offend you? You have been repeatedly rude Root, and to many other posters on this forum. 

#4 - Re: Brady:  As I said, I don't know.  I just know that a pats fan on the board made this comment in one of these threads about the colts resting players.  If you have a problem with that, I suggest you take it up with that Pat fan.

RESPONSE: I choose to take it up with you. I can't wait for your responses to my initial questions listed above.    

#5 - Polian and Caldwell earned the right to make the decision they made, and they have told you why they made that decision.  You are entitled to your opinion of their decision and reasoning, but you seem to be trying to tell me that either I am not entitled to mine or if it differs from yours then I am wrong.  Who are you David Koresh?

RESPONSE: And you are one who speaketh with forked tongue, my friend. Answer my questions above...so there will be no doubt as to you position as to whether the Colts' organization is made up of a bunch of sissies.

Finally, everyone knows why you are treating this with the same vigor that a teenager treats a Penthouse.  It's obvious.  The fact is your efforts will never cause spygate to be forgotten.  You can attempt to get your pound of flesh, but really you're just pounding sand.

RESPONE: "Spygate"?? Who the hell cares about that here? We all know that "spygate" was a bunch of BS. Thats' all you wimps from Indy and Patriot haters have. Its' laughable, because its' so pathetic. 

I am ok with you keeping this up.  In fact, I am amused by it.  Everytime you and Root get the itch, it reminds me of Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  This story is Phoebe Cates in a bikini and you and Root are Judge Reihold in the bathroom.

RESPONSE: Ooooh...I'm so frightened to keep  this going, Dogg(g)!! But, I must admit, what sad sack Indy fans like you fantasize about is somewhat disturbing...LOL!!!    

Jones away my friend.  Jones away.

RESPONSE: "Jones away??" What a woos!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Tex, I do find it ironic that ud makes claims about our attacking this issue with vigor and, yet, never directly answers the questions to define where he stands. One would think that would end the need to re-ask the question. I suppose it is different in Indy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

http://jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/2010/01/05/integrity-vs-tanking-nfl-has-a-problem/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002&xid=si_nfl

Integrity vs. Tanking? NFL Has a Problem

Kind of interesting read, don't think it will change anyone's mind but makes some good points and it doesn't only talk about the Colts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Geez TP - I am already on record on this board with my opinions and they may have even been a direct reply to your questions, but in order to appease my fans, here you go: 

1. I have no position on wimpgate. 
    2. I would have liked to have seen the colts go for it. 
    3. I neither agree nor disagree with the orgs decision.  Seven starters or significant substitutes that played the previous week did not play at all in the game.  Even more played significantly less than normal from the start of the game including Dwight Freeney and Joseph Addai.  In other words, it was clear from the start that the colts were not putting their ALL into the game.  The fact that the colts were actually up when Manning (which is the only person this uproar is really about and thus proves he is the most valuable player in this league) was pulled is a testament to the colts, but it does not mean the team was actually trying for the perfect record early.  The org knows more about the team than I, so I trust them. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Lastat - you are not incorrect.  I don't want you to think that I have dismissed your point because I haven't and can't.  But I do want you to know that there has been a situation with the colts where they have rested starters and won. 

The year that they won the superbowl, they did keep the pedal to the metal, but they also did not have a bye.  I do wonder if they bye hurts more than it helps.  I do believe that this is the case with the colts.  The don't come off of regular season byes well, imo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

3. I neither agree nor disagree with the orgs decision.

If you would have liked to see the Colts go for, then you obviously have a position on wimpgate and you disagree with the orgs decision. So, which one is it? 

Just another example of ud contradicting himself. At least this time you kept it all in the same post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Completely off topic --

Does anyone know how to remote detonate an endlessly repetitive thread?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

It doesn't matter. Your answers for 2 and 3 are still contradictory. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg...you are too much...LOL!! You just stated the following:

"Geez TP - I am already on record on this board with my opinions and they may have even been a direct reply to your questions, but in order to appease my fans,

RESPONSE: Oh...so you think you have a following? LOL!!

here you go: 

3. I neither agree nor disagree with the orgs decision.

RESPONSE: Talk about speaking out of both sides of your mouth...LOL!! If you would have liked to have seen the Colts go for it...why? How can you say that you would like to have seen them go for it, yet have "no position on "wimpgate"...which is shorthand for their decision not to go for it?

Lastly, you try to hide behind a non-committal stance...by saying that that you "neither agree nor disagree" with Polian's decision. How cowardly. No wonder you're defending Polian....birds of a feather, you know.    

Seven starters or significant substitutes that played the previous week did not play at all in the game.  Even more played significantly less than normal from the start of the game including Dwight Freeney and Joseph Addai. 

RESPONSE: Nonsense. Both Addai and Freeney were nursing legitimate injuries.

In other words, it was clear from the start that the colts were not putting their ALL into the game.

RESPONSE: BS. Peyton Manning is the Indianapolis Colts. Without him, your team wouldn't win 5 games. Indy gave it their best shot for nearly 3 quarters...until they pulled Manning, Clark, and Wayne.

The fact that the colts were actually up when Manning (which is the only person this uproar is really about and thus proves he is the most valuable player in this league) was pulled is a testament to the colts, but it does not mean the team was actually trying for the perfect record early.

RESPONSE: The Colts played to win until near the end of 3rd quarter. Then, they quit.

Incidently, I do agree with your statement about Peyton being the MVP, for this season. I'm of the opinion that this was the best season of his career. He had to work with some new receivers, and, basically, without a running game. As I stated above, without Peyton, your team wouldn't win 5 games.  

The org knows more about the team than I, so I trust them."

RESPONSE: Well...the Indy fan base, and most NFL fans in general, believe that the organization wimped out. It remains to be seen whether their decision damaged the psyche of the team. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SDBOLTZ. Show SDBOLTZ's posts

This act is self evisceration by the Dolts. They will succumb to their cowardly act. I agree with Texas as do most football fans other than the dolt fans. These bums wont make it past the first round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Why do you people waste good oxygen arguing with underdogg about  the colts organization? You know he'll justify virtually anything they do. You can never pin him down on an issue, he's totally immune to logic and he never really brings anything to the table.

Just ignore him. He's a troll's troll.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Cowardly Colts' Organization Shows Its' True Colors:
    Completely off topic -- Does anyone know how to remote detonate an endlessly repetitive thread?
    Posted by prairiemike

Endlessly repetitive is the understatement of the year.  Has anything truly new been written since the 2nd page?  I've learned two things:

1. UD will never admit anything detrimental about the Colts.  He is an admitted homer as are many of us.

2. TP and Enoch will not stop until UD does admit something detrimental about the Colts.

Who will blink first? 

I will teach my son never to argue religion, politics, and anything Colts related...  You will never convince anyone to change their minds in any of those topics.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

2. TP and Enoch will not stop until UD does admit something detrimental about the Colts.

Wrong. At least on my part. I just want a logical answer without contradictions. The complete lack of intellectual dishonesty on his part shouldn't be left alone.

BTW, why are people still reading the thread and complaining about it? That makes little sense to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Tp - if we are able to get to a legitimate discussion of the issue rather than you and Root endlessly trying to back me into a corner for your own satisfaction, then I think we might have some valuable discussion.  But, as I have previously said, you are more interested in getting your pound of flesh. 

Addai wasn't injured.  He practiced all week.  He scored on a 21 yard run up the middle early in the game before he was pulled. 

Freeney's injury is over a month old.  His and Mathis' snaps were limited from the Jacksonville game forward.  

I have no issue with you have an opinion different than mine.  Everyone on this board has a different opinion than I about spygate.  IMO - (and I am offering this for future abuse) you haven't even reached the pinnacle of ridicule you could heap on me over this subject.  If the colts don't win their first playoff game, regardless of the competition, the roar out to be twice as loud as when they made their decision to sit players.  Not only, as Lastat has pointed out, would this be yet another example of sitting players and then going one and done. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Lastat - I think we got our signals mixed.  The colts have never won a superbowl when they have rested players, but they have won a playoff game after resting players.  That was what I said.  If I was not clear, forgive me. 

My opinion on this is that resting players only matters for the first game.  1 - because the relative healing that has taken place as a result of the rest could all be given back as a result of that first game.  2 - because the "momentum" that may have been lost as a result of the rest will be replaced as a result of the game. 

When the colts won it all, they had to play through the last game and did not get a bye, so they played the next week.  Healing and momentum were not possible.  As a first or second seed, a team gets a bye and thus healing can occur and momentum can be lost regardless of whether or not players played in the final weeks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Wow!  This thread spiraled out of control!  I really should visit more often. 

I still don't understand the argument that not pursuing perfection is cowardly.  For the moment I'm not trolling, I just don't understand how it's in any way cowardly.  It seems to me that exercising continence to increase your chances of winning the SB (though most NFL fans seem to think that the move decreases that chance) is the prudent, and maybe even brave, thing to do.  In what way is it cowardly?  Please explain...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Very simply, they had a chance to be the best team ever.

If that doesn't do it for you, nothin' will.

They, like myself, know it was a very, very, very, slim chance. And that, on account of the fact that this year belongs to SD.       

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Are you telling me that if they won every game that would have made them the best team ever?  Really?  You would have thought the 2009 Colts were better than the '85 Bears?  The Steeler teams of the '70s?  I'm a Colt fan and I wouldn't have thought that.  This team is nowhere near as dominant as those teams...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

'Are you telling me that if they won every game that would have made them the best team ever'

That point is invalid &. irrelevant. You would've been afforded the opportunity to argue their validity, providing the team had a set of stones. Let's just say now I'll call um' 'lefty'. And, now that they will get an early exit in the playoffs your Colts are no better than last years Titans. Ya know big win streak to start the year, then, fade quickly.       

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

We'll see, dude.  You'll feel awfully silly if it's your team that exits early this year.  And if it comes to SD at Indy for the AFCCG, I like the Colts' odds.