COWERD: PATS won but right now arent worthy of my top 10, dallas lost but are!" agree?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: COWERD: PATS won but right now arent worthy of my top 10, dallas lost but are!

Colin's a radioturd

contrarian for rating's sake. 

he just stirred the pot on David Ortiz and steroids for no other reason than he must do that stuff to keep his "herd" of losers listening. 

You need to go on a Colin diet. 

As for football Colin does know college ball well but his pro knowledge is so so. 

I'm not sure Dallas OR New England are in the top ten right now but NE should be the better team by end of year. 

When you do a top ten, you don't take into account "well, Vereen should be back soon" - it's for this week only, so in that regard he is right and you are wrong. :) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: COWERD: PATS won but right now arent worthy of my top 10, dallas lost but are!

Cowerd is an arrogant jerk, who strongly implied Wednesday morning that the secret of Big Papi's incredible post season performance is that he's juicing. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cowerd is an arrogant jerk, who strongly implied Wednesday morning that the secret of Big Papi's incredible post season performance is that he's juicing. 

[/QUOTE]

he didnt imply, he outright said it! over and over.  i dont agree but cant flatly dismiss all his alegations. if this were a yankee, we would all b sniffing something. imagine if jeter comes back next year and he's hitting 40 HRs and running faster than ever.  i like listening for he's the ONLY one out there not afraid to go against da espn or mainstream orthodoxy? sometimes he's just a contrarian in itself but often he's not, well thought out, even when i disagree. he's the opposite of cnn, msnbc and fox news. i always feel smarter and betta after listening even when i disagree. he's not for the koolaid choir types.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

I actually agree with him.  DAllas has more talent than the Pats and are more explosive.  I like our Defense better, even without Vince, and Mayo.  Our QB is obviously better as is our Coach. 

However, we are too inconsistent and there's no way we would (will) put up 30-something pts. against the Broncos/Lions. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I actually agree with him.  DAllas has more talent than the Pats and are more explosive.  I like our Defense better, even without Vince, and Mayo.  Our QB is obviously better as is our Coach. 

However, we are too inconsistent and there's no way we would (will) put up 30-something pts. against the Broncos/Lions. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL this made me laugh out loud.  Everybody has more talent than us, but couldn't beat us in a one on one matchup if they wanted to, only on paper.  We beat the Saints, who else has? Dallas can only beat the creampuffs in their division...

Cowturd is a joke and your a joker if you listen to his drivel, he compiles lists and waffles from week to week when his teams get demolished.  He's FOS and his only talent is observational humor, you could fit what he actually knows about sports on the head of a pin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

[QUOTE]

he didnt imply, he outright said it! over and over.  i dont agree but cant flatly dismiss all his alegations. if this were a yankee, we would all b sniffing something. imagine if jeter comes back next year and he's hitting 40 HRs and running faster than ever.  i like listening for he's the ONLY one out there not afraid to go against da espn or mainstream orthodoxy? sometimes he's just a contrarian in itself but often he's not, well thought out, even when i disagree. he's the opposite of cnn, msnbc and fox news. i always feel smarter and betta after listening even when i disagree. he's not for the koolaid choir types.

[/QUOTE]

No, he didn't actually say it...but his meaning was crystal clear. Papi didn't slug 76 homeruns like Barry Bonds, 50 like Brady Anderson, or even 40. He hit 30, and batted .309, not .350. He was no where near the dominant hitter in the regular season that he was in the post season. Could it be that Papi just rose to the occasion, like ex- Yankee Reggie Jackson used to? Why does this blow-hard feel it necessary to tear Papi's accomplishments down? Remember also that Papi is not a regular player, chasing flies in August in the OF, or turning DPs with guys trying to take him out at second. All he has to do is hit. Could it be that there lies his great advantage, and the reason for his longevity?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I listen to, and enjoy, Colin Cowherd. He's a bright guy. Do I agree with everything he says? No. But that doesn't detract from what I enjoy about him.

Shoot me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

the cowboys secondary is historically bad this season. No way they should be power ranked above NE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, he didn't actually say it...but his meaning was crystal clear. Papi didn't slug 76 homeruns like Barry Bonds, 50 like Brady Anderson, or even 40. He hit 30, and batted .309, not .350. He was no where near the dominant hitter in the regular season that he was in the post season. Could it be that Papi just rose to the occasion, like ex- Yankee Reggie Jackson used to? Why does this blow-hard feel it necessary to tear Papi's accomplishments down? Remember also that Papi is not a regular player, chasing flies in August in the OF, or turning DPs with guys trying to take him out at second. All he has to do is hit. Could it be that there lies his great advantage, and the reason for his longevity?  

[/QUOTE]

I AGREE that papi had a stellar but not all-time great reg season. interesting though that he had his greatest streak in st louyis when he had to play 3 straight games in the field. perhaps the field focus did the trick. was very slick in fielding and even slicker with his big stick!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Cowherd is just JEALOUS of Boston sports teams. First he hates on BIG PAPPI the MVP and World Series Champion, now he hates on the Pats, who WILL WIN THE SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR as a follow up to the Sox title. Not to mention the Bruins will also win the Cup next summer. Not sure about the C's though, they aren't very good.

Cowherd's just mad, that's all. BOSTON STRONG, carry on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

almost threw up a bit in me mouth listening to da archive from yesterday. did his weekly top 10 and his confused producer wondered about pats who were #6 just last week. colin said he doesnt like anything he's seeing and that we b fool's gold! liked dat ware was returning for dallas, yet did not bring  talib or vereen returning or dat gronk's still working tru stuff. like colin but disagree

[/QUOTE]

What is with the Brooklyn accent in writing? 

"da" instead of "the";  "me" instead of "my"; "b" instead of ????; "dat" instead of "that"; "tru" instead of "through"

The language of this board is "English", not "Brooklynese".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

The Pats have the grit (from BB) to win games, Dallas doesnt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Cowherd is looking for "pretty" wins and the Pats aren't doing it that way.  Look at how the Seahawks won against the Rams and since then there are doubters about that team.  It is all how games are won that impress the talking heads.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

You know, he might be smart and doing it for ratings. No audience like New Englanders will snap to when they hear a snub. In order to refute him you need to listen to his show!

I know I have a difficult time ignoring someone trash talking my team.

Boston / NE fans make up a huge part of his ratings.

(I have slowly learned to ignore trolls on this forum though)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know, he might be smart and doing it for ratings. No audience like New Englanders will snap to when they hear a snub. In order to refute him you need to listen to his show!

[/QUOTE]

VALID POINT, I KNOW US NEW ENGLANDERS ARE MORE SENSITIVE AT TIMES VS. OTHER CITIES FANS, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE WE ARE BETTER FANS AND DEFEND OUR TOWNS PLAYERS AND TEAMS TO THE DEATH, EVEN IF WE ARE WRONG. I ADMIT IT, IM A HOMER BUT I DON'T CARE - I LOVE MY SOX, PATS, CELTS, AND B'S AND IF SOMEONE SAYS ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THEM I USUALLY GET PISSED AND TALK SMACK.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tex...  Absolutely...  And I would add to that , Ortiz isn't built like your typical skinnyAroid type whose power breaks down over time.   He is big , thick , with broad shoulders and is left handed giving him better vision of RH piching.  Plus he has great hands and timing which is competely obvious when you watch him field flawlessly after RIDING THE BENCH FOR 175 GAMES....!   Actually the steroid prototype bulked up player should be clumsy in the field since it requires soft hands and dexterity not raw power.   (cue up video of canseco bouncing a ball off his head in right field)..,

All this lost on Cow turd who is just a flaming idiot most of the time who goes on rants and thinks everthing he says is profound.  WRONG.     As if steroids is the only factor in hitting a baseball.   Thinks hes so clever by saying "Im only suspicious, which is my job...  blah blah. "  Idiot, if you had any dignity or intergrity you wouldn't make inflamatory comments based on 2003 hearsay (leaked report).   AND NOTHING MORE FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS...?? 

Ever occur to you COWTURD, that it is quite logical that if Ortiz did use peds prior to 2003 when MLB had no policy against it (thereby silently sanctioning it), it would follow that in current climate OF MLB policy that the player would not be using....? 

Agree that when he is being contrarian for ratings it is quite obvious and hes also pandering to NY idiots... since this crap about ortiz originates in NY media where their own steroid scandal leaves them crying in their own pee pointing fingers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Cower won one SB and it was a gift IMHO....he did nothing but squander the talent on that team year after year by blowing it at the end. A true Coach would have had at least 2 SB wins and perhaps 3 with all the talent they had.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No disrespect to anyone here posting and I certainly don't mean to thread-cr*p, but is there a particular reason why we should care what some self-important-radio-voice-with-a-following says?  Do I like hearing negative things about my favorite football team?  Of course not but in the final analysis he has no impact on my enjoyment of watching the Pats.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ATJ, reactions to media is like reactions here to Rusty's rantings about Brady.  Anyting remotely negative about the Pats is not taken well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Anything for some ratings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ATJ, reactions to media is like reactions here to Rusty's rantings about Brady.  Anyting remotely negative about the Pats is not taken well.

[/QUOTE]

True enough.