Cowher On Spygate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Cowher On Spygate

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The league screwed up.

It has tarnished its own image and essentially created a sub class of 'spygate morons' who feel they can deflect all their personal problems, frustrations and failures onto the NE Patriots. 

They needs to make an outward statement and apologize for making a penalty way disproportionate to the infraction and mention they suspected all teams of doing this but wanted to set an example. Now they feel it might have been too heavy handed and unfairly stigmatizes one franchise and its fans. 

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmm...... ever notice that NO other NFL team has committed this rule violation? Same for the Saints and their issues two seasons ago.

I believe they call this "being made an example of". Raise kids...... sometimes you need the extreme on some infractions, if you think them to be severe enuf. This is the NFL's call, not yours or mine. It's their "game". If you don't like it, you can wait for Spring Training, or follow the newest soccer team de jour. To be a player, all you need is one name.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

The league screwed up.

It has tarnished its own image and essentially created a sub class of 'spygate morons' who feel they can deflect all their personal problems, frustrations and failures onto the NE Patriots. 

They needs to make an outward statement and apologize for making a penalty way disproportionate to the infraction and mention they suspected all teams of doing this but wanted to set an example. Now they feel it might have been too heavy handed and unfairly stigmatizes one franchise and its fans. 

I see you can't accept responsibility either!

Fact is BB messed in the lunch kit. The league caught him the SAME SEASON they made it a point to notify all teams about this issue. You're insanely blaming the judge for the sentence after the perp was specifically told NOT to do what he did.  Try out your philosophy on your teen when they do this. I'll guarandamntee you that you'll think differently.

When you put yourself in the cross hairs, don't blame anyone else but yourself.

You are right about the penalty at the time...if that was only the end of it. The penalty was harsh but fair and BB was a bit arrogant to get into it anyway. Usually when there is a harsh penalty though people move on and forgive, look at bountygate...could argue a much worse infraction...but it is really never mentioned anymore.

But no one in the  NFL off suspected this would carry on so long and so many would take it out of context. and infact not bother to know the real story.

It is like people voting in the national election without caring to know about any issues or candidates.

No one knew it would create such a seemingly permanent group of riteous haters that use it to justify all their own teams shortcomings and wrongdoings.

My point is it went in a bad direction here 6 years later and hurts the NFL. they should clean it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Cowher, whose Steelers were upset by the Patriots in the 2001 AFC Championship Game, said that the harsh penalties levied by the NFL (a $250,000 fine for the Patriots, a $500,000 fine for Belichick and the forfeiture of a 2008 first-round draft pick) were a result of Belichick's refusal to heed the league's warnings and his arrogance in the face of the league.

The former Steelers coach even admitted that his team attempted to steal signs, as it was common practice across the league.

“We didn’t lose the game because of any Spygate, because of them having any additional things,” Cowher said. “I think if they’re guilty of anything, they’re guilty of arrogance, because they were told not to do something. But it was something that everybody does. The only thing they got caught [was] doing it with a camera. We had people that always tried to steal signals. Stealing someone’s signals was a part of the game, and everybody attempted to do that.

“Part of the things we had [were] wristbands that we were using to do it. It’s not even an element anymore because of the communications that take place on the field to the quarterback, to the linebacker. So it’s an element of the game that doesn’t exist, and really, what happened when we lost that game is they outplayed us, and it has nothing to do with stealing signals, or cheating, or anything else. They were a better football team on that day.”"

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2014/01/former_pittsburgh_steelers_coa.html

[/QUOTE]

As we always knew. It's a shame the way that the press distorts things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Something tells me that the kleague wants to straighten up the mess they made with this

Cowher, PM , LT, jamie dukes and others

Having the greatest coach getting nicked for something that had no real consequence is not good business

[/QUOTE]

u can't be serious...u just can't be...believe me even Belichick and the Pats ain't that important and they rake in more money than God so how it's hurting the business us beyond me...he got caught paid up its over

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That half wit Marshall Faulk will cling to it till the day he dies. 

[/QUOTE]

Am not a Marshall fan but, he isn't mad cause of the taping of signals, he is mad cause he thinks the pats taped the rams private walk thru

he will never give that up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

AS a Psts fan for years Ill say this spygate happened ,but it was over blown by the media .Pats got caught and even though every other team was doing it they didnt get caught,Go ahead say what you want but look at it like this if a bugaler gets caught does he say well other people do it so its fine,The other thing no way did it help them win!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

The league screwed up.

[/QUOTE]
    Totally correct...    as in,  How is a so-called "scandal" good for the league?  YOu are right that it created and inflamed a subculture of haters .  this is all based on a minor violation.  It's been established (obvious) that teams have been deciphering opponents signals is part of the game...  this violation is basically GAMESMANSHIP.

Goodell could not resist taking the opportunity to abuse power and taint Belichick who screwed the Jets by walking out on them.  this was his revenge.

It will all come out in the book that will come out after goodell gets thrown out of office in like 2-3 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Look at it this way. If there was no spygate what would happen to all those jealous fans of perenial loser teams. They may actually have to admit that it's their teams that suck

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

It was overblown by the media but the league front office just added fuel to the fire by how they handled it.  Handing out a severe penalty for a minor rules violation.  

Goodell didn't handle the situation well by not doing what was best for the league.  

Instead he grandstanded by having a lengthy investigation allowing the media to let the story snowball into a huge cheating scandal by one of the greatest coaches of all time and one of the flagship organizations in the league.

Belichick was wrong but it was handled poorly by Goodell because it was damaging to the league as well as BB and the New England Patriots.

That man should never be welcome in New England...ever!

I hope that if the Pats win the superbowl that neither Kraft or Belichick shake his hand when being presented with the Lombardi trophy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Spygate was like singling out one team for using a headset on the sidelines. Everyone uses it but only one team was singled out. Pretty lame.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My point and i think it was your point (correct me if i am wromg) is that the only violation was the placement of the camera and the ignoring of the memo. I think most true football fans understand this concept.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this cheater nonsense only comes from idiot losers with an axe to grind. BB thought he had a loophole in the bylaws going for him and that the memo was hot air so he could ignore it. Goodell showed him different.

The NFL statement indicated an "attempt" was made to affect competition. An attempt is not suceeding.