COWHERD: "i would take LUCK over RODGERS right now!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

COWHERD: "i would take LUCK over RODGERS right now!"

wow! cow had the stats to back him up. 6-17 is rodgers in games decided by a td or less in his career.. lucky i think is like 11-2. not sold on rodgers' tude or cluthitude. this was from yesterday's show where he predicted a very close college title game when most expert were riiding the jabroni train!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HillbillyJoe. Show HillbillyJoe's posts

Re: COWHERD:

I would take Cowherd over a dog with 3 legs but not 4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

That is just silly. 

Rodgers is simply one of the best of all time.  I put him above Manning.  I think he can be better than Brady.  

Anyone who watched that game against 49ers can clearly see the Packers were overmatched.  The 49ers defense was incredible.  Rodgers was simply amazing with his elusiveness in the pocket and scrambling ability.  If it was the Patriots playing that 49ers defense,  I do not see how we could score more than 10 points.  Brady cannot scramble to and throw from his back foot.  The Packers WR (far superior to Pats WR's)  had trouble getting open,  Rodgers had to improvise and scramble.  We do not have that luxury with Brady.

This team struggled against good defenses in playoffs when they had Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd. 

I do not see how this Pats offense with bottom 5 talent can suddenly overcome a good defense.              

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

If you went on Madden, and increased Tom Brady's sprint speed by 30 points, you'd have Aaron Rodgers. He's currently the most talented QB in the league.

Andrew Luck played the Chief's bottom-of-the-league defense, in a great big dome. A-Rod played the Niners' top tier defense, at frozen Lambeau field. It's really dumb when "analysts" overreact to one game or one set of stats. Pretty unprofessional if you ask me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That is just silly. 

Rodgers is simply one of the best of all time.  I put him above Manning.  I think he can be better than Brady.  

Anyone who watched that game against 49ers can clearly see the Packers were overmatched.  The 49ers defense was incredible.  Rodgers was simply amazing with his elusiveness in the pocket and scrambling ability.  If it was the Patriots playing that 49ers defense,  I do not see how we could score more than 10 points.  Brady cannot scramble to and throw from his back foot.  The Packers WR (far superior to Pats WR's)  had trouble getting open,  Rodgers had to improvise and scramble.  We do not have that luxury with Brady.

This team struggled against good defenses in playoffs when they had Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd. 

I do not see how this Pats offense with bottom 5 talent can suddenly overcome a good defense.              

====================================

As a Pats' fan 1st but 49er fan 2nd I agree with you about Aron Rodgers. SF was ahead of GB in all the stats before the game & during the game and as I watched the game it seemed the 49ers were dominating and ahead by 20 points. Yet, in fact, SF was never ahead by 2 scores and I was nervous the whole game. It was Rodgers, under heavy sacking pressure all night and without receivers like Crabtree, Boulton & Davis and also running back Gore as a safety valve when they are covered who kept GB close and even had a chance to win the game with SF needing to make a field goal & leave no time on the clock for I know they feared Rodgers if he had even a minute left.  In short, A. Rodgers is probably considerd by many in the top 10 as best quarterbacks of all time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to Free-UB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wow! cow had the stats to back him up. 6-17 is rodgers in games decided by a td or less in his career.. lucky i think is like 11-2. not sold on rodgers' tude or cluthitude. this was from yesterday's show where he predicted a very close college title game when most expert were riiding the jabroni train!

[/QUOTE]

Cowpile must LOVE those turnovers......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You fell for Cowherd's attention-seeking rope-a-dope again dude....

1 stat that bears noting: number of Super Bowl rings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It really takes a massive amount of analytical prowess to take a healthy QB over one just coming back a long injury lay off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

aaron rodgers is overrated.

Set aside the packers super bowl year, and aaron rodger only other playoff victory was against the vikings last season. he has been one and done in 3 of 5 postseasons

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Set aside the packers super bowl year, and aaron rodger only other playoff victory was against the vikings last season. he has been one and done in 3 of 5 postseasons

[/QUOTE]

What's Luck's post season record? 1 win. To even attempt to make a comparison is stupid. But that's what the sportstertainment media is all about. Conjuring up wothless statements to generate controversy so they have something to talk about.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:

That is just silly. 

I mostly agree about Rogers, he is really good and made the most of what he had. The difference is support from the running game. Lacy is subtly slowed by an ankle issue even though he looked OK, not as explosive as Pats backs right now because he is off his game. Pats OL is better and the recivers are quicker (maybe not faster)  than GB. Pats still use the screen better, saw Roger not see some open guys mostly becasue he had no time and was doing too much.

All in all Rogers was under pressure all game and did well but I think this year the Pats have a few more tricks. Als the Pats D is better so the offense would get some chances. 

Despite everything I have said agree the 49rs D would give NE all they can handle but somehow think NE would adjust better than GB due to the rest of the team and coaching around Brady.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Luck is a huge risk taker and gunslinger ala Farve. He has what you expect...embarrassing losses, lots of turnovers, great comebacks. I think BB will exploit this bytaking away the mid and long stuff and force him to plod down the field with short passes. They will expose some of his tendencies to NOT throw the ball away in some cases and get a few ints.

This strategy would not work with Rogers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The silly part of this is someone actually listened to Cowherd. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Luck is a huge risk taker and gunslinger ala Farve. He has what you expect...embarrassing losses, lots of turnovers, great comebacks. I think BB will exploit this bytaking away the mid and long stuff and force him to plod down the field with short passes. They will expose some of his tendencies to NOT throw the ball away in some cases and get a few ints.

[/QUOTE]

This is why time will tell with these comparisons. Everyone latched onto the Farve/gunslinger thing when it succeeded. But over the years his gunslinging caused at least as many blown games as it did wins. He never seemed to stop making high risk passes even when his team had the lead and all he had to do was take care of the ball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is why time will tell with these comparisons. Everyone latched onto the Farve/gunslinger thing when it succeeded. But over the years his gunslinging caused at least as many blown games as it did wins. He never seemed to stop making high risk passes even when his team had the lead and all he had to do was take care of the ball.

[/QUOTE]

I will take Rodgers.  JMO..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Rogers is another overrated QB...another one who benefits from playing in a pathetic division, if Lions had a QB, Rogers would never even sniff playoffs....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with Oprah here, have felt this way for a long time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:

If you went on Madden, and increased Tom Brady's sprint speed by 30 points, you'd have Aaron Rodgers.

No.  Rodgers holds the ball much more than Brady (maybe because of his mobility).  Brady took more sacks this year than basically any year in his career and he was still sacked on a smaller percentage of dropbacks than any of Rodgers' seasons.  Rodgers is a good player, but I don't think it is as simple as Rodgers is a more fleet of foot Brady.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

And for the record Cowherd is an idiot if he'd take Luck now over Rodgers now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If you went on Madden, and increased Tom Brady's sprint speed by 30 points, you'd have Aaron Rodgers.

[/QUOTE]

No.  Rodgers holds the ball much more than Brady (maybe because of his mobility).  Brady took more sacks this year than basically any year in his career and he was still sacked on a smaller percentage of dropbacks than any of Rodgers' seasons.  Rodgers is a good player, but I don't think it is as simple as Rodgers is a more fleet of foot Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Well, notice I'm talking about this in terms of Madden, not in real life. Brady and Manning both have the edge over Rodgers in terms of performance because they're smarter, more experienced, read defenses better, and tend to get rid of the ball quicker.

But there's no doubt Rodgers is the most talented guy at the position. He is as accurate as Brady and Manning, and much more mobile (plus he throws strikes on the run too). I think more of the mental stuff will come to Rodgers as he plays more seasons, but right now if you were playing Madden, Rodgers would basically be a faster Brady (Madden ratings wise).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I think more of the mental stuff will come to Rodgers as he plays more seasons.

Idk man.  Rodgers just wrapped up his 6th season as the starter.  He's 30 years old.  I think he is what he is at this point and that's a great quarterback.  I wonder though how long he's going to last with all the hits he takes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think more of the mental stuff will come to Rodgers as he plays more seasons.

[/QUOTE]

Idk man.  Rodgers just wrapped up his 6th season as the starter.  He's 30 years old.  I think he is what he is at this point and that's a great quarterback.  I wonder though how long he's going to last with all the hits he takes.

[/QUOTE]

That's a fair point. If he never picks up the game that Brady and Manning plays, he'll never be as good as those two. But if he does, he can be better than both.

Part of why Brady and Manning are masters of reading defenses is because they aren't very mobile, so they've worked to perfect their pocket passing. Rodgers doesn't need to do that, but he would be better (and probably stay healthy longer) if he does.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You fell for Cowherd's attention-seeking rope-a-dope again dude....

1 stat that bears noting: number of Super Bowl rings.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, when this number is relevent. It's not any more, as are any of the Yankee WS championships from the 20's through 2000. This "number" is yesterday's news, and only good to carry out the garbage once dinner is complete.

It's a "What Have You Done For Me Recently?" world. 2005 is NOT recent. I profess that if you hang onto the "SB Wins" theory, you may have more recent ones than the JESTS!, but none to argue with the Steelers, who've won two to the Pats none since 2005. Different teams, different players, different circumstances.  

Do yourself a favor....... Leave this "number" out of the discussion. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Free-UB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heck .. The Pats took Luck all year......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Cowturd is "any which way the wind blows," if Green Bay had won, he had a segment all lined up to tell us that Rodgers is the nest messiah, he is ready for any contigency. 

Early in the year Brady had fallen off, was getting old, later in the year "Brady is transcendent" (I hate when he uses this phrase)... he thinks it is ALL QB's, that team has nothing to do with it.

I end up listening to him because I get stuck in my truck and corporate music radio blows so talk radio is all I have for that short stretch, but this guy is a cheer leader and a panderer.  He is the epitome of a person who talks just to hear themselves speak and has now made a career out of it, he says a whole lot of nothing for somebody who runs his d sucker so much.