crable back home!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

crable back home!

to all of you out there who have been touting crable as the starting OLB and missing piece to the pass rush problem, he was placed on the PUP list today. what a shocker. i have a feeling this guy gets cut before he even sees the practice field. he must have bruised his shins again. lets hope cunnigham is a fast learner, and/or a decent veteran hits the waiver wires....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Re: crable back home!

Mr. Glass

In addition to Welker, the Patriots placed third-year outside linebacker Shawn Crable and rookie defensive lineman Kade Weston on the active/physically unable to perform list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

nope its true. check espn boston pats blog. welker is on pup too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well it's active and not reserved meaning they can come off the llist at any time and not subjected to missing the first 6 weeks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Wow...  You would think at this point the guy would have had an accident and wound up on the field.  What Dark Gods did this guy p off???

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

wow i actually thought crable would be ready this time and be the player he was in college. i guess not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

He didn't get hurt again. That's a plus. The Pats do this at the beginning of every camp. I remember when Antwain Smith came in out of shape and didn't pass a conditioning test they threw him on the PUP list until he could. At this point even if he is healthy we haven't seen anything to prove he's an NFL Starter anyway. I'll keep my eyes on the other guys and if he does something good I'll be happy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Crable has everything to prove and this is an inauspicious start to his third training camp.  If he failed the conditioning test, all I can say is wow.  If he's hurt again, they guy just wasn't meant to be a NFL player.  Very few were expecting anything from him, maybe it's time to move on. 

Imagine that Wheatley (2nd rd) and Crable (3rd rd) are looking like bad picks, injuries or not.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

maybe he failed the conditioning test....  if you read bruschi's thread with reiss they have to run 3 sets of 50 yard dashes in under 7 seconds.... he said for big dudes its tough... especially the 8 9 10th of the third set...

no excuses though...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

I have to admit this kind of shocked and depressed me.  I'm rooting for the guy.

That being said, I have a lot of confidence in Bill Belichick and Nick Caserio.  On the whole, the Patriots have fielded very talented teams over the past nine years, and if they have this guy on the roster, it's because they think he adds value in some way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

How's about we wait until we see a headline that reads "Shawn Crable cut from the New England Patriots" before we get to saying I told you so.

He can still practice and I still have him pegged as the starting OLB of the 2010 New England Patriots, AKA the 2010 Champs. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: crable back home!:
    In Response to Re: crable back home! : Where does it say he didn't get hurt again?  It doesn't anything about Crable or Weston as to why they are on there. Even if it is nothing more than a , isn't it a little strange another OLB or another player in general isn't on there? As if Pierre Woods, MLB Eric Alexander, Thomas Williams or Marques Murell aren't candidates due to previous injury to hide them on there? If the idea is to give Crable every last chance to make it, they sure are trying hard enough to do so. 3 straight PUPs for Crable.   Missed 2 full seasons in development.  Not a good thing.
    Posted by russgriswold

The list is always pretty vague especially with the Pats but Mike Reiss is pretty on top of these things and if he were actually injured again I'm pretty sure we'd know. From what I've heard out of guys like Reiss, Gresch or Holly over the last year BB has a major woody for Crable. He thinks the guys gonna be a big time player if he can stay healthy. That may explain the precaution. Unfortunately we'll never know the whole truth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

We have been rooting for Crable as a guy with potential who has been handicapped by injuries. In other words, he is just like us. Someone who has not achieved his potential. I am looking for someone spiritual explanation of this, some positive spin, some deliverance, some karmic answer that divine providence will take care of things.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Let me try a twist on ewhite's comment about them doing this at every camp.  I do think BB plays the roster count game, and plays it often.  Having 3 players on the active PUP means we can evaluate 3 more players on the roster before we have to cut them.  Now imagine a scenario where BB is looking at who he needs to cut to get to the 80 man roster limit, he thinks to himself that he'd really like to get a better look at some of these players he would have to cut, he then places anyone with so much as a scratch on the active PUP?

I might be entirely wrong here, but anyone who thinks BB doesn't play the roster numbers game well would also be wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

He cant practice while on the active pup... he can be removed from it at any time... cody from the ravens was placed on the pup for failin his conditioning test...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My PUP List comments:

Welker - I expected this.  It's a precaution and a very prudent move from a number of perspectives.

Weston - don't know for sure but probably a conditioning test issue given that he's a rookie and the position he plays.

Crable - disappointing but, as is the case with Weston, we don't know why.  BB clearly loves this guy and if he didn't think he could make a contribution he'd be gone.  I'd like to actually wait and see what happens rather than jump to assorted conclusions and characterize Crable as a "LOSARRRRRR".  And it has been a very long time since I was 16 years old.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Nobody knows know what Bill is doing BUT you would think that after missing two straight sesons due to injuries, Crable would be in the best shape of his life and ready to prove something. The fact that he is on this PUP list is definetly bad! I think this guy must be a JAG. This kind of stuff is the MO of a JAG!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

That's too bad for all involved.  Talk about a missed opportunity, again.  He'll regret not taking advantage of this situation for the rest of his life.  Time to move on.

It just goes to show that the draft is full of misses that look good on paper, etc...  Perhaps, this is why BB often drafts people that many cannot understand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

This is great news especially for a kid who has never played a down of meaningful football going into his 3rd year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Let me try a twist on ewhite's comment about them doing this at every camp.  I do think BB plays the roster count game, and plays it often.  Having 3 players on the active PUP means we can evaluate 3 more players on the roster before we have to cut them.  Now imagine a scenario where BB is looking at who he needs to cut to get to the 80 man roster limit, he thinks to himself that he'd really like to get a better look at some of these players he would have to cut, he then places anyone with so much as a scratch on the active PUP? I might be entirely wrong here, but anyone who thinks BB doesn't play the roster numbers game well would also be wrong.
    Posted by carawaydj

i could see this.. just why would bb put someone who needs the practice reps on PUP?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Alright, so I buy some of the explanations, maybe it's just a roster manipulation thing.  And some of you guys have said what I've thought about recently -- why would BB bother to keep him around unless Crable's injury woes are legit, because he clearly must see something in the guy.  I've heard of the NFL version of redshirting -- practice squad, IR, PUP -- being used to stash developmental players.  But I cannot believe that Belichick would keep him around for a third year if he's hurt again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Haha. How long are you going to support this bum? Someone on this board called him a JAG (just another guy). That's pretty funny. That's being way too nice. The guy didn't even play a snap in two years despite sychophants like 49 here promoting his excellent athleticism every step of the way. It's really been quite sickening to any logical person to see delusional fans pushing him as their best chance at a pass rush. There's more validity behind Terrence Nunn as a number 1 wideout than Crable being an NFL football player. 

So he didn't fail his run? Oh yeah, he must've been injured on his bike ride to Gilette. Those hills are tough! I didn't read about any injuries in mini camp. Hmmm. Maybe he did a Sergio Kindle and fell down some stairs. Either way get that waste of space on the next cab to Burger King. Hopefully he's not too fragile to flip burgers!

How's about we wait until we see a headline that reads "Shawn Crable cut from the New England Patriots" before we get to saying I told you so. He can still practice and I still have him pegged as the starting OLB of the 2010 New England Patriots, AKA the 2010 Champs. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: crable back home! : i could see this.. just why would bb put someone who needs the practice reps on PUP?
    Posted by flutie66

I agree it's a stretch, but he has been in the system for 2 years, has participated in the offseason program... so just maybe (stretching here) BB wants to get a closer look at a rookie or UFA about to get cut and thinks Crable can afford to miss a week or two.  Even if that is the case, it still doesn't bode well for Crable that BB would use him as a sacrificial lamb to get a better look at some other players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Let me try a twist on ewhite's comment about them doing this at every camp.  I do think BB plays the roster count game, and plays it often.  Having 3 players on the active PUP means we can evaluate 3 more players on the roster before we have to cut them.  Now imagine a scenario where BB is looking at who he needs to cut to get to the 80 man roster limit, he thinks to himself that he'd really like to get a better look at some of these players he would have to cut, he then places anyone with so much as a scratch on the active PUP? I might be entirely wrong here, but anyone who thinks BB doesn't play the roster numbers game well would also be wrong.
    Posted by carawaydj

I'd buy that.