Crable Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from overhere. Show overhere's posts

Crable Released

Thought he played pretty well against the Steelers.  Thoughts?

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=pressreleasesdetail&pid=46036&pcid=47

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Crable Released

WHY?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

I probably should have stopped trying to figure out this franchise about eight years ago, but this just seems weird. No corresponding roster move yet, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Honestly I didn't think he played that well. He looked slower than Cunningham as a rusher and wasn't a 3 down player. I was never impressed with this guy, despite the fact he's 6'-10" and 'fits the mold'.  

I'm wondering about the roster spot. 

Sorry 49Pats. I'm sure other teams will be 'Willing and Crable'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

in bill we trust

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Clearly a numbers game as we need all hands on deck for DB'S against the Colts. Look for Butler to be active. Crable should clear waivers and go to the  practice squad unless the Jets or Browns want to play games and claim him.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

He will clear waivers. Do they have a spot for him on the practice squad? probably.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I'm guessing that he'll clear waivers and get Tony Carter's PS spot. Tony Carter would be signed to the 53 man roster and be active Sunday instead of Butler.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Thank god we didn't commission a bronze Bust yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

I thought he played well too, until I checked out the game breakdown on Pro Football Focus.

"The guy who didn’t impress and really failed to take his opportunity was Shawn Crable (-3.0). Seeing extended time as a left end in nickel formations, Crable had 30 attempts to rush the passer and only managed two quarterback disruptions. Throw in some substandard work in run defense and it would be a surprise to see him continue to receive as much playing time with the other options the Pats have at that spot."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Has to be a "Paul Harvey Rest of the Story" with this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

I couldn't figure out what he was doing on the field. Good move!

He can hardly run, and he shies away from contact, which I noted on a couple plays. Really he is a tall, thin,  gangly, uncoordinated guy. In other words, a basketball player ...  Bottom line, he is not an NFL caliber athlete.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with you e4smith. When I first saw the game he seemed like he was playing well but then I read the same article. I re-watched the game and took special note of Crable. I noticed he had almost no moves to get away from blockers and the only times he put pressure on Ben was when he had almost clean shots around the edge. If he really was meant to rush 30 times he failed badly on the field