Crable Who?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Re: Crable Who?

Banta-Cain was a nice suprise, but on the whole the OLBs have been ridicuously bad at rushing the passer. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I thought Tully had some nice moments against the Bungles -- he's a known commodity who was unable to step his game up -- Ya know I keeps a private jet -- when Saffron Chisco threw the money at him, but he will understand the role Belichick maps out for him here and that is a bonus for Pats fans. I think fans who are looking for some kind of Sean Merriman-type who is going to terrorize opposing quarterbacks on a regular basis may be out to lunch at the laundromat. There was pressure against Cincy at times, but the Pats' strength in this regard will be in having the ability to bring different looks and send pressure from unexpected sources (I am picturing some nasty safety blitzes), rather than from having a guy who is going to win a lot of one-on-one battles or speed rushing contests.

A Belichick defense is like an ensemble cast.

There is no definitive star (or there are several -- however you like to look at it), but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Ya what ever, all I no is Crable is history, he's going 2 get cut. He'll B on the chiefs after final cut, they can have him. What a 3rd rd. waste.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I accede to your superior wisdom.

I have no rebuttal for the "whatever" defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Crable Who?:
    [QUOTE]Ya what ever, all I no is Crable is history, he's going 2 get cut. He'll B on the chiefs after final cut, they can have him. What a 3rd rd. waste.
    Posted by ZigZig[/QUOTE]

I am sick and tired about hearing about Crable's potential.  He has barely touched the field in training camp or pre-season.  Time to cut him loose, too risky to hold a roster spot on the fragile piece of glass.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Their weak, very weak. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Ya, thats what he is----------> a fragile piece of glass...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

We need 2 pick up 1 more pass rusher and a rt. tackle, when all the teams make there cuts. u no a couple of good vets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

The thing about Crable is that he had a tough childhood. Bouncing around in foster homes.

He could have some psychological issues.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]The thing about Crable is that he had a tough childhood. Bouncing around in foster homes. He could have some psychological issues.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

A tough childhood, and he didn't get into dog fighting?  Just when you think you've got things figured out...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Yada...yada...yada..put Crable on the Pup list...let cooler heads prevail....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildyellow1. Show wildyellow1's posts

Hypothetical, if Mayo broke is little toe in camp last year and was IR'd, then sprained an ankle in his 2nd year camp, would it be wise to waive him? I mean, maybe you're right enough is enough! How much of this nonsense can we be expected to take? Football isn't that physical, why the injuries? It's been a whole YEAR that Crables been here, I think thats more than enough time to give a 3rd round pick to become a starter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]Yada...yada...yada..put Crable on the Pup list...let cooler heads prevail....
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]
    Crable started TC on PUP. He came off and practiced and played. He cannot return to PUP.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

They played 4-3 in the first preseason game, so their wasn't much pass rushing for the outside linebackers.  The starters and primary backups played 1 quarter in the second preseason game. 

So, essentially, you are basing your claim about a "ridiculously bad" pass rush on one quarter of one meaningless preseason game.

Woods is very good against the run, and Thomas, Banta-Cain and Burgess will get to the passer when the games count.