Crable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Re: Crable

If you think along the lines of Belichick, he must have seen something over the past couple of weeks that led him to feel that the team would be better off with Banta Cain or someone else more than Crable. Frankly, I never saw Crable bull rush anyone. He rarely got past the opposing OT. In the last game against Pitt Crable took an inside move and Big Ben bootlegged out and burned the Pats. Jermaine Cunningham looks much more stout and aggressive then Crable. Crable had his opportunites but didn't make the most of them. I've seen quite a few guys like him pass through New England. It would seem he's now just a footnote.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

You can never predict BB and his roster moves. . . however I only see a practice squad player being promoted to the game day roster here.

I would be extremely surprised if we released crable who knows the system for a free agent signing.

I say Tony Carter is activated from practice squad.

If so, i feel for Darius Butler - had high hopes for him on this team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I was surprised by this, mostly because Crable was getting a decent amount of playing time. Even if Crable wasn't fabulous, it seems strange that BB would cut him at this point unless Crable messed up big time (blowing off practice, for instance) or BB really feels he needs to bring someone else in (maybe another DB given the injuries to the safeties, the loss of depth with Wheatley gone, and Manning on tap?) and thinks Crable was just the most expendable player.  It will be interesting to see what BB does with the empty roster slot. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I thought Crable was pretty active the other night.  Maybe he's doesn't do enough else to justify his existence on the roster as a pass rusher, which was supposed to be his biggest strength. 

Maybe he ends up back on the practice squad, who knows.  I think a player needs to be waived to be placed back on the practice squad.  I am more interested to see what the corresponding move is. 

I think Crable has had plenty of time to prove his worth and the most we've seen is that he is fast and appears to be able to help with the pass rush.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Crable:
    [QUOTE]Ha! Who's the idiot that created this post. He played so well that he got released.
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

I don't think the OP is an idiot!  I think it's a valid question to see what other posters think after watching Crable in action.  You're not the only one who thought Crable looked like he was doing something productive out there.  Bit harsh on yourself, no? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I think the surprising part is not that he was playing like a "beast" and got cut but that the pats dont have alot of depth at the postion.  They have Tully, Cunningham & Nickovith.  Is Crable that bad he not even worth keeping as 4th OLB to provide some rest for the other guys?

Could it be that with Indy coming in this week BB plans to go with 5 DB's the whole game and he needed a roster spot for another DB this week?  Maybe we see Crable again after the Indy game?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

So, are to we assume he clears waivers ends up back on the PS and Fred Taylor gets the spot?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]So, are to we assume he clears waivers ends up back on the PS and Fred Taylor gets the spot?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Isn't Taylor already on the roster?  I think they use this spot for someone else if they use it at all.  If he clears waivers he's headed back to the practice squad and I think that's likely, considering his history.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yeah, you're right.  I was thinking he was on the PUP, but that would be Week 6 only.

My bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

So the Pierre Woods move would sort of hint that Crable's play was just not up to snuff. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]So the Pierre Woods move would sort of hint that Crable's play was just not up to snuff. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I think that answers the question.  BB felt Woods had more to offer.  Woods is more versatile. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crable : I don't think the OP is an idiot!  I think it's a valid question to see what other posters think after watching Crable in action.  You're not the only one who thought Crable looked like he was doing something productive out there.  Bit harsh on yourself, no? 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reassurance, but the answer to that question is actually myself. I am the idiot who created this post. Just a bit of self-deprecating humor.

Still, thanks though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I was so surprised by the move of cutting Crable! Though I was even more surprised by the re-signing of the "Groundskeeper From Michigan" Pierre Woods