Crazy = Doing the Same Harmful Thing Over and Over

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Crazy = Doing the Same Harmful Thing Over and Over

Despite nearly all mocks that have the Pats taking a WR and CB / S with our first two picks...History says that the Pats have NOT been successful at drafting WR and defensive backs which has been their predictable second round pick for years.  

There is no argument that the Pats have PRIORITY need at WR, CB/S as well as OG/C and DL43. (assuming Chandler lives up to potential at DE). 

Butler, Chung, Ras A, to a lesser extend McCourty were all high picks that I would describe as injury prone borderline busts.  Most recently, Trevor Wilson seems to be the disaster high second rounder we all suspected.  Denard was a lucky late round after-thought.  Same with drfting WR who consistently haven't panned out. 

The Pats have, however, been consistently VERY successful at idntifying O and D line draft prospects.

Maybe a more sane draft strategy is to target an OG/C with the first pick and a rush oriented DL43 with our second pick (it all starts with a stong line, inclcuding pass defense), and see if we get lucky, like with Dennard, by drafting a CB/S and WR in the late rounds.  and focus on landing our PROVEN CB/S and WR in Free Agency.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Crazy = Doing the Same Harmful Thing Over and Over

Believe the quote you're looking for is "Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Agree to an extent. Every team has its weaknesses in drafting. Some teams continuously miss on WRs, others QBs, others Olineman, etc. A lot depends on what areas they decide to fill in FA

Also, it's Ras-I.

And it's Tavon Wilson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I don't think G/C is a real need? I'd resign Thomas, he's serviceable. Besides they've had good success picking up OL from the street and developing them.  They have picked decent WRs like Givens and Branch and even Edelman in the past, so it's not all bad.  DBs too, like McCourty, Dennard and Samuel. Even Eugene Wilson, James Sanders and Tebucky Jones were useful, if not long termers.  

Can't force the draft. Sure, we all want them to grab a hard hitting safety and a big, fast WR, but those guys may not be in this draft at all, or may be gone by the time the Pats pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Depending on how he does at the Combine he's rated around 24th-27th overall. Might/could look good in a Pat's Jersey.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/481808/kenny-vaccaro