Crazy idea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Crazy idea?

The chargers just placed their NT Williams on season ending injured reserve.

They drafted larry english as an eventual replacement for shawn merriman. 

They have 1 other dt. Do you think it might be possible to trade brace for merriman eventually resigning wilfork...The pats have mike wright as well. 

I know it must sound like a totally ridiculous idea but I was thinking... the chargers and patriots have traded in the past and the patriots are extremely deep at dt. The pats have the cap space now that seymour is gone. 
    I know brace is young but pats are strapped at lb and could still use a pass rusher. 

The chargers are going to have an extremely difficult time stopping the run. 

Maybe Im just talkin crazy but it seems like that should be an option. What do you think  ridiculous idea?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Re: Crazy idea?

I think as soon as BB reads this post he'll be on the phone with AJ Smith and we'll be enjoying the Lights Out dance in Foxboro for years to come.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If NE is gonna trade a package with Brace (and maybe a 2010 2nd pick, because it will take more than just Brace to get Merriman/English) to SD, they're going to want English in return. 

Merriman is coming off knee surgery, likes to put himself in bad situations outside of football and will be a free agent after the year, should get a huge deal from someone.  Could he help?  Absolutely.  Will the do it?  My guess is no.

Personally, I don't think we'll see a deal with SD anytime soon, but would love to see English come east.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

I felt that brace and merriman were of equal value considering brace will improve and merriman will decline. 

I agree, but I wish they would make that deal 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Crazy idea?:
    [QUOTE]I felt that brace and merriman were of equal value considering brace will improve and merriman will decline.  I agree, but I wish they would make that deal 
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

It would certainly give this team a new dimension on defense,........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

rrrrright...brace and merriman are of equal value. its too bad we released tyson devree, because he is probably of equal value to antonio gates and we could have thrown them into this trade. oh and maroney for LT sounds like it makes sense too. and why not crabble for phillips? i mean crabble has fresh legs since he hasnt played in 2 years so his value must be at an all time high!
    seriously though, i hope the jets hire you as their new GM.

In Response to Re: Crazy idea?:
    [QUOTE]I felt that brace and merriman were of equal value considering brace will improve and merriman will decline.  I agree, but I wish they would make that deal 
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]