Crennel now in KC...uuggghhh!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Crennel now in KC...uuggghhh!

Here was my last hope of him coming back to NE.  I know it wasnt going to happen but I still had a strand of hope that he would.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4821761

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Crennel now in KC...uuggghhh!

I guess I'm missing something. Both crennel and Weiss left the BB cave to find gold on their own. Neither had even the slightest success. You could say that both failed miserably. They are both older and have outdated ideas. What would they be bringing to the table?

If BB's coaching cupboard would stop getting raided every year he could teach his current coaches to be prolific instructors.

Am I missing something?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't think you're missing anything, me2. There was nowhere to go but down (or sideways, if you prefer) for these guys after failing -- one on national television every week and another in relative obscurity -- at head coaching gigs. Not everybody who tops out at colonel has the mustard (heh heh  . . .     Colonel Mustard) to make it as a general. The NFL (much like its counterparts in the other major professional sports) tends to be a closed society. Some people call it the old-boy network, or the coaching carousel, retread chic -- whatever. My guess is that Pioli expects the rebuilding in Missouri to go on . . .   well . . .  indefinitely. Placating restless natives (and players) by bringing in coaches who can flash yesterday's jewelry around is a strategy; the same way that micro-managing is a strategy. They're both good strategies when you win, and suspect when you lose. So to answer the question, "What would they be bringing to the table?"

If the Chefs succeed -- experience.

If they don't -- scapegoats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Yeah you might be.

Since both of these guys left the Pats havent won a SB.  BB does not do these things himself.  No one can.  BB, CW, and RC have won 5 SB's together.  Just because they failed as HC's does not mean thier ideas are old and outdated.

When you are a HC you are running the whole team from top to bottom.  When you are a OC your responsibility is the offense.  When you are a DC your responsibility is the defense.  Some people make better Coordinators than they do Head Coaches.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I would have liked to see Weis especially, because I am not sold on current OC. Not sure if there is a better move out there right now... though it was mentioned the guy casserly is it who is in front office who has been an offensive coach and keeps getting brought back into coaching fold to help out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

My point was that BB has lost his staff three times now. Some of those guys were very good. If he had a chance to train then in his ways I think they would have done very well. So what are we left with, Crennel and Weiss were the last Voord to be here for any length of time so they had the best results. Doesn't mean they are better. Just means they had more time to develop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@DaBlade...There is no way Charlie Casserly comes to NE.  I dont think BB likes him very much.  I think he was the GM when BB turned down the NYJ HC when Parcells stepped down.  He was also the guy that reported Brady having broken ribs in which BB replied with...he is 100% wrong.  He has not ties to this organization....

@justme2...Everyone is different.  Like I said before, some coaches are ment to run the defense, some are ment to run the offense, special teams, etc.  Just because you mentored under a great HC still does not automatically qualify you to be a great HC.  So to say that they should have done it his way then they would have been successful doesnt make sense.

Yes BB's staff has been raided almost every year since their last SB win doesnt discount the chemistry these three guys have together.  They have spent most of thier professional career together and they have been successful together.  Thats what my point is.  I believe that Crennel will be content being a DC for the remainder of his career and I think Weis will go as soon as a HC position is offered.  Weis still believes he got what it takes to be a HC. 

Also, just because someone was not successful in college does not mean he will not be successful in the NFL and vice versa.  There are plenty of examples of that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

They should talk to Fassel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The OC and DC report to the HC......all plays are approved by the HC....

Game planning is done as a team effort.....

The Pats problem is not the coaching, it is the personnel to execute the plays were not up to par.