Cribbs Considering Pats or Arizona: Really?, R We Dropping Demps?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Cribbs Considering Pats or Arizona: Really?, R We Dropping Demps?

zero kr tds since 09

7 catches last year, 6 fumbles. can that be right (including kr im sure, but)? 3 lost 

i expect much more from demps.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/joshua-cribbs-to-decide-between-cardinals-patriots/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Re: Cribbs Considering Pats or Arizona: Really?, R We Dropping Demps?

Someone else mentioned those 6 fumbles.  I don't see him improving our WR corps. He would be mainly be KR/PR.  I wouldn't sign unless it is a very team friendly contract.  I think Demps can give you help in returns and from the backfield.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Someone else mentioned those 6 fumbles.  I don't see him improving our WR corps. He would be mainly be KR/PR.  I wouldn't sign unless it is a very team friendly contract.  I think Demps can give you help in returns and from the backfield.

THats my poiint, demps can do more and we have him or is bb releasing or considering relaeasing or jsut wants backup if injury?

grab 2 damn cbs a (#1 and a #2)and a pass rusher! if not also dt and safety, cover lb and o line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Demps can do more? Please provide me any NFL experience that would suggest Demps can "do more" than a proven NFL player.

Getting a little ahead of ourselves, no?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I don't get signing Cribbs at all. KR is being phased out of the game, and he's not a productive WR. Then you have him and Slater on the team as WRs that can't play the position. And as pointed out, he hasn't done anything of note for a few years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I wouldn't mind Cribbs here at all.  He is a versatile player who can return Kick OFFS! and I feel this has hurt the Pats in the past.....Wouldn't mind having Brady and Offense starting at 30-40 instead of barely the 20 when a kick is returned....Cribbs can bring that.  Plus, he has been getting more involved at WR....

I believe Demps you can't count on, plus he seems like his heart is with Track....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Demps has said he is going back to Track and Field . . . he will not get tackled there!  Cribbs will be the punt return guy . . . I'm pretty sure Wes will want out of that duty as part of his "new" contract.  BB knows we need special team help!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

C'Mon Man.  Are you really that high on Demps at this point?  He want's to be a sprinter.  Odds are he won't even be on the roster come training camp.  A Cribbs signing would only reinforce that belief.  We need help at Kick Returner, Cribbs would be that guy.  I hope we get him.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I mentioned those fumbles in another thread. 6 fumbles 4 were on punt returns, have soured me on Cribbs. Then I researched his career stats and saw he averages like 6 a season! Let him get a tan in AZ and brign back Edelman.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

zero kr tds since 09

7 catches last year, 6 fumbles. can that be right (including kr im sure, but)? 3 lost 

i expect much more from demps.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/joshua-cribbs-to-decide-between-cardinals-patriots/

Cribbs finished 4th in the NFL for KO return avg. last season. 12th in 2011. An off year in 2010. 3rd in 2009. It is not just about TD's on KO returns.

Where did demps finish? Oh yes that's right he did not beat anyone out to make the team so they stored him away for later. I'm hopeful too but let's cool the jets and keep it real with Demps. Potential just means you have not done anything yet.

Cribbs has also had a season with 40 plus receptions and over 500 yards receiving. More than any season Slater or  Edelman has had in 4 seasons. I really like Edleman also but facts are facts and he can't stay healthy.

Cribbs first started to be used more at WR when Brian Daboll was the OC in Cleveland for Mangini. Now Daboll is back with the Pats.

Maybe its just leverage against Edleman or competetion for Demps, who knows. As long as the price is right I don't know why everyone is freaking out about Cribbs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Josh Cribbs will be 30yrs old this year. There aren't many 30 yr old punt/ kick returners in the NFL. We would have to pay a lot of money for a special teams guy. If we drafted Tavon Austin I think we would get a better kick/ punt returner. Also he could line up all over the field. In college he was in the slot, out wide, and at running back. He's small, but has never missed a game. This kids versatility could fill a lot of needs on the Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Demps is getting backup QB treatment, we haven't seen him do anything so he MUST be the answer.  Not saying he can't contribute, but he's done absolutely nothing at the NFL level to justify the kind if expectations that he's generating, outside of being fast.

Simply, NE's KR (where he'd bring the most value) unit has been garbage the past couple of seasons ranking 25th and 29th respectively in yards per return... Cribbs is one of the better KR's in the NFL and has averaged 26.8 YPR over (82) returns that last (2) seasons.

He only has (9) fumbles over 387 career KR's (1 over the last 2 seasons combined), vs. (17) in 195 career PR's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

All those in favor of signing Cribbs, don't complain when he coughs one up in a big spot, and certainly don't be one of those griping about Ridley's alleged fumble issues. 6 fumbles in less than 100 touches last year? Ridley had 4 in about 300 touches.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

All those in favor of signing Cribbs, don't complain when he coughs one up in a big spot, and certainly don't be one of those griping about Ridley's alleged fumble issues. 6 fumbles in less than 100 touches last year? Ridley had 4 in about 300 touches.

if there were better options outside of cribbs, id be all for it...but i just dont see it, so id be fine with the signing of cribbs. our KOR team has been awful.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont get how someone can knock an NFL player coming here and say we are better off with a track star who has never played a down in the NFL and recently announced he is going back to track. What am I missing??

I get that Joshy has never been a consistent reliable threat. Any body wanna name the pro bowl Qbs the browns have had lately. Does any remember what #'s Wes put up before coming here??

The only negative I see are the 6 fumbles but realize the guy RUNS the ball! He has a WR/RB body.  He had more rushing yards in his career than receiving. He runs kicks back, punts (13 career TDs I believe) reverses, wildcats, bubble screens, direct snaps, even played QB! HE WONT be asked to do ALL that here but his versatility will be huge plus and BB will know how to use him right and isnt gonna try to make him Welker 2.0. He is just gonna come in and help and I welcome it.