criticism of TB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: criticism of TB

No, I don't want TB running.   He's waaaaaay too slow.  People look at the acres of green grass ahead of him and think it's a no-brainer that he should run.   One step beyond the LOS and those acres become the size of a postage stamp.

And then we have the very real injury potential.   First, he could make an awkward slide.  Second, look at what Kevin Kolb did in the preseason.  He slid, hit his head on the turf, then took a knee to the back of the helmet when he was down.  Which hit caused the concussion?  I guess we'll never know.  Even if TB got hit after he committed to a slide, is it worth a 15 yard penalty to lose your franchise QB for the season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I thought TB played very well and very much as expected Sunday. He was lights out, the best QB in football throwing to Amendola and Julian. He was indecisive and looking for something that simply wasnt there throwing to the rookies. This will improve, and TB will find a comfort level with the new guys...

But will someone explain to me....why cant this guy run for 5 yards? He clearly sees the entire field and sees the open space. He is 6'5" and 240 lbs. He needs 3 strides to cover 5 yards. It appears he sees the opening, wants to run, starts to run, and then changes his mind? No one is asking for pistol or read and run. But if Brady could have run for 15 yards total between 3-5 attempts (seemed like 40-50 were there for the taking) the outcome would have been settled a lot sooner. and for crying out loud, SLIDE!  

no aaron rogers plays for green bay

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Yeah Brady should have risked a knee injury in a game that we won. 

Guess what? He will run when it counts, in the playoffs. 

If you think that's a bad decision on his part you're out of your mind. 

We are one injured Brady away from an irrelevant season. 

We would NOT go 11-5 without him this time.

HE didn't use his legs when he should have in SB 46. The Safety and the INT both were examples of that.

We lost.

HAHAAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

As far as I'm concerned if he never ran again I'd be fine with it.   I realy don't care if by not running he passes on a touchdown.   Not worth the risk.

Agreed, unless it's the 4th quarter in the superbowl

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

There have been a few times I saw that Tom could run but didn't and thought for a second he should have run, but when he is still there playing I am happier then having a first down. I don't reacall Tom costing us a superbowl by not running.

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

There have been a few times I saw that Tom could run but didn't and thought for a second he should have run, but when he is still there playing I am happier then having a first down. I don't reacall Tom costing us a superbowl by not running.

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

Don't you know?

Tb's shoes, clothes, hair, the way he laughs or celebrates or speaks, his choice of wife, his moat, his 3 kids and when he gets up to pee at night, all cost us a SB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Footballers play football. If there is an opening, he should take it. The risk of injury for a QB - solely in my opinion, and without any statistical backup - seems greater in the pocket, where he stands still, and a defender can fall into a knee that is planted in the ground.

QB sneaks are relatively safe plays for QBs, and so are the occasional runs on a broken play, because in general he has the defenders in front of him, and can slide before they get to him.

I think he doesn't do it much because he keeps looking for players to get open so they can make a better play. It's about making the right decision, and thankfully we have a QB who gets it right - far - more often than not. 

Supra societatem nemo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In the pocket QBs enjoy the protection of rules specifically intended to prevent injuries similar to what TB suffered in '08.  Once he leaves that pocket and begins to run he is fair game.  I stand by my original post. 

And, yeah, I'd probably be ok with him running it in under the 4th qtr SB scenario - but otherwise, no.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

For the few who have posted here expressing their desire that Brady run the football, outside of all but the most benign circumstances whatsoever (i.e. out of bounds with nobody within 4 yards.)...

Go to the nearest mirror. Look at that guy. What you are now seeing is an insane person who thinks they know football but are so out of touch with reality that they complain a 36 year old with a brace on his reconstructed knee, that was a crappy runner when he was 20 years old, should be sliding and running for 1st downs where any marginal NFL scrub can take a cheap shot and the greatest possible payback for that risk, is a f'n measly 15 yards.

That's not just insane, it's Rusty insane.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

For the few who have posted here expressing their desire that Brady run the football, outside of all but the most benign circumstances whatsoever (i.e. out of bounds with nobody within 4 yards.)...

Go to the nearest mirror. Look at that guy. What you are now seeing is an insane person who thinks they know football but are so out of touch with reality that they complain a 36 year old with a brace on his reconstructed knee, that was a crappy runner when he was 20 years old, should be sliding and running for 1st downs where any marginal NFL scrub can take a cheap shot and the greatest possible payback for that risk, is a f'n measly 15 yards.

Lol. Funny written.

Nobody is saying he should become Vick 2.0, or anything remotely like that.

But you put your best players on the field to play to the best of their abilities. And for a pocket passer like Brady you design his passes to be from the pocket. But once in a while a play brakes down, and I for one don't want Brady to deliberately throw the ball away if he has the chance to convert if he runs forward. I know there is a risk, but there are risks in the pocket as well.

So maybe we shouldn't put our best player on the field at all, because maybe he gets injured....

A question. And it is a honest question, even if it might sound ironic. When is the last time a QB was seriously injured on a slide? If there really is a great risk I will reconsider.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

TB had a few chances to run Sunday, and he could have picked up the first down, or in another instance scored a TD...both with out being touched. go to NFL Rewind, and take another look....

how often has TB run a QB sneak for the 1st down or TD? seems a couple of dozen off the top of my head with no statistical info to back that claim up, but he has never been injured on a QB sneak

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ive noticed he hardly runs after the injury but having patella tendon surgery 5 years ago I dont blame him. He is the best passer Ive ever seen. We have RB's. The guy is our best short yardage guy with sneaks. He has to run in the open field now too!!??!

I saw one instance where he thought of running and took 2 steps past the LOS and was sandwiched between 2 lineman! Yea thats what I wanna see. Look I get the question but just like when Rusty Harps on it. I have to ask...REALLY???  You want your HOF QB running for 5 yards. When it cost us a game let me know but its not like he hasnt tried. The Guy is Slow! Been a long time since he juked out Brain Urlacher. The guy is 36 with a bad knee and big bulky brace. RG3 with the same brace went from Super fast to just normal speed. What do you think it did to Bradys 4.8 speed??? 

I recall him trying to run a couple years ago. He went to slide and almost pulled up the whole field. Had turf all in his brace. It was very ugly. Its not enough that he is the best passer in the game? Let me guess you guys want him to run towards the sideline and be Drew Bledsoed so Mallet can come in and save the day? When Brady turns to Bledsoe I will say ok,. BUT he is still Brady. HE is not the problem. Get the guy some freeeking weapons intead of asking HIM to be another weapon....smdh

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Time is running out for TB - so, maybe he should just do whatever it takes to win games. If that means going back to basics and hitting the open receiver, looking off his intended targets, coaching up his new receivers, getting extra time in with his receivers, or run for 4-5 yards - then he should do it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In the pocket QBs enjoy the protection of rules specifically intended to prevent injuries similar to what TB suffered in '08.  Once he leaves that pocket and begins to run he is fair game.  I stand by my original post. 

And, yeah, I'd probably be ok with him running it in under the 4th qtr SB scenario - but otherwise, no.

Exactly! Outside of a John Elway helicopter move to win the game. Its not worth it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

rkarp...  all it takes is one run in which Brady gets hit the wrong way and is out for the season.  If that were to happen, then there would be a thread starting with..  " Why did Brady try to run that ball in?".  More often than not, he does fine.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

TB had a few chances to run Sunday, and he could have picked up the first down, or in another instance scored a TD...both with out being touched. go to NFL Rewind, and take another look....

Not saying I disagree since I haven't seen the film, but Brady is really slow and NFL linebackers, safeties and corners are really fast.  I can imagine a scenario where the field looks open and then closes real fast.  Perhaps he made the judgement that he wouldn't make it?  Perhaps he underestimates his own speed (LOL) or perhaps BB has instructed him not to risks like that.  Who knows.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Superbowl champ, Superbowl MVP, guaranteed enshrinement in Canton...but he really should completely change his style and start running more.

Because that makes sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Last time he tried to run he got chased down by a DL. I remember some people posting last year on the game thread that he can't out run a Haloti Ngata! 

In an interview they asked who is faster to Wilfork and he stated that he would beat Tom without a doubt. I know it was is just but I beleave he would.

Tom is not a good runner by any means, unless the game is on the line, I vote no.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

As a Jets fan, you eat the ball on a play that would put TB in harms way.  He is your whole offense!  The worst that happens if he doesnt run, you punt and he comes out for the next posession.  OTOH, he goes down and your team is absolutely done.  IDC that cassel had a few good games years ago, this is a much different team than that one.  No RBs, no WRs, no TEs and an average Oline.  Only Rusty should be bashing him for not gambling your teams future for 5 yards or even 1 TD...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to whodeawhodat's comment:

an average Oline.

This is the exact same group as last season when they had one of the top offensive lines in football.  What are you smoking?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to whodeawhodat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

an average Oline.

This is the exact same group as last season when they had one of the top offensive lines in football.  What are you smoking?

[/QUOTE]

Didnt mean to offend, I thought I read something here in the preseason about some issues on your oline.  I dont come around as much as I used to.  We will see on Thursday as our Dline is one of our few strenghts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The center snaps (hopefully on target)  (not always vs he Bills)

The qb catches    ( hopefully at his mid section)

The oline blocks   ( hopefully keeps the Dline and blitzers off)

The receivers run patterns (get open if they can)

The qb reads the Defense ( less than 4 seconds?)

The qb throws the ball to the reciever (if he can)

The receiver catches the ball (if they can)

If anything breaks down - it is probably a sack, an INT, an Incomplete

Unless you see the tape, know the play,  we can only take an educated guess who is at fault

If everyone does there job we get a reception - we can see a great throw, we can see a great catch. Some throws are more difficult, Some Defenses make great plays. What counts most is to do it correctly in the clutch. TB usually does it in the clutch. When he doesn't do it there are a whole lot of other players who contibute to that . just like if he does it.

So when some get on TB - please go back and grade play by play - and when they win - they get the benifit of the doubt - when they lose they don't.

All of the teams we face in the first 6 games have a good Dline. Maybe only Pitts and Carolna in the whole season don't.

This year, to start - TB is not going to have the numbers. until his guys get up to speed. For example, if KT had caught the balls he could have. TB's rating goes to 90+ and the game is over early. ( along with the fumbles-) Instead of 23 points we get 32- 38 like last year.

I am not going to throw kt under the bus. He made some mental mistakes - if he is coachable, he has the ability and he will do well. I love rooting for the upsides of all of them

In reverse - our D looks like it is progressing , and i am going to root for that.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

completely agree. this comment should end the thread, period.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Mike Reiss weighs in on the topic;

By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

A weekly analysis of the New England Patriots’ quarterback play.

Rewind: It was comeback No. 36 for Tom Brady. On a day when the Buffalo Bills had him on the move, Brady delivered when the Patriots needed it most, marking the 36th time he has led the team to a victory from a fourth-quarter deficit or tie. How's this for clutch? On the Patriots' final drive, which produced the game-winning field-goal, Brady was 7-of-7 for 36 yards.

Brady Fast-forward: New York Jets coach Rex Ryan's defensive scheme has challenged Brady in the past, as Ryan throws a lot of different looks at him, mixing coverage concepts with heavy pressure. There have been times when Brady has been at his best against the scheme, and other times -- such as the 2010 divisional round of the playoffs -- when Ryan had the last laugh. It's always a good chess match.

Wild-card category: Brady isn't known for his running, but there was one play in the season-opener when he regretted not tucking the ball when it appeared he had some room close to the goal line. If the Jets execute more of a coverage-based scheme and play mostly man, don't be surprised if Brady attempts to make a play or two with his feet when things break down.

Prediction: With Danny Amendola unlikely to play, and running back Shane Vereen placed on the injured reserve/designated to return list, Brady is without two of his top weapons. That could make it a struggle for Brady and the passing game. But here's one thing we wouldn't be surprised to see: At least one deep shot down the field to rookie receiver Josh Boyce, who can flat-out fly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

NO f'n running by Brady. END of f'n conversation.

poor babe feels like the object of his desire is being attacked