criticism of TB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: criticism of TB

I don't care as much during the regular season but come playoff time with the game on the line he better grow some stones and run the couple of yards for the score.

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

TB had a few chances to run Sunday, and he could have picked up the first down, or in another instance scored a TD...both with out being touched. go to NFL Rewind, and take another look....

how often has TB run a QB sneak for the 1st down or TD? seems a couple of dozen off the top of my head with no statistical info to back that claim up, but he has never been injured on a QB sneak

BB is an imbecile for running these sneaks with Brady at this point. Just like he was an imbecile for playing Gronk on XPs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

Mike Reiss weighs in on the topic;

By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

A weekly analysis of the New England Patriots’ quarterback play.

Wild-card category: Brady isn't known for his running, but there was one play in the season-opener when he regretted not tucking the ball when it appeared he had some room close to the goal line. If the Jets execute more of a coverage-based scheme and play mostly man, don't be surprised if Brady attempts to make a play or two with his feet when things break down.

This will keep the debate rolling. Nobody wants him to be a running QB. However, 5 yards can be had if the D is looking downfield and or is 12 yards off the play. Just take a few s and slide.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I get it, most dont want him to run...thats fine, I think he could, and should in certain situations. But that doesn't address my criticism...my point is, that he DOES decide to run, then he rethinks it and stops running. then he falls down for a gain of 1-2 yards, when 5-10yards (and a 1st or TD) was there for the taking. run. don't run. the indecision is what is bothering me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Time is running out for TB - so, maybe he should just do whatever it takes to win games. If that means going back to basics and hitting the open receiver, looking off his intended targets, coaching up his new receivers, getting extra time in with his receivers, or run for 4-5 yards - then he should do it.

You might have noticed, regular season wins aren't the problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Just like he was an imbecile for playing Gronk on XPs.

Yes he should say to the team "some players here are more important to the team than others so I am going to spare them from playing on STs because if someone is going to get injured it needs to be one of you less important guys".  I'm sure that would go over great in the locker room.  You must think all NFL coaches are imbeciles since lots of teams have star players on the XP team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I get it, most dont want him to run...thats fine, I think he could, and should in certain situations. But that doesn't address my criticism...my point is, that he DOES decide to run, then he rethinks it and stops running. then he falls down for a gain of 1-2 yards, when 5-10yards (and a 1st or TD) was there for the taking. run. don't run. the indecision is what is bothering me.

I agree. I just dont see what the problem is pointing a weakness. Its very possible that he is uncomfortable and hasnt run in so long he doesnt how much he can get. Like I said, I only noticed it once. He didnt get past the LOS and was creamed. Just seeing that was enough for me to say No. Its nothing wrong if in fact he is protecting that knee or even if he is scared.

I would like to ask who on this thread has ever had knee surgery? I tore my patella tendon playing bball. THe rehab is longer than an ACL. It took 2 years for me to feel good enough to play Bball again but on this knee I would NEVER even think of playing football again where someone could crash into my knee. I think it would shatter! I am scared to death to go under the knife and go through a year and half of rehab and bed ridden days again. Ijs, the guy is an AWESOME passer and until his lack of running cost us a Big game, I wouldnt consider it a big deal. How many times did Marino leave the pocket?? He is considered by some to be an all time great. Now I know he had TWO knee braces but was still an excellent QB till retirement. Maybe he never won the big one due to not scrambling but it was likely other things. The guy has a weakness. He cant run. WHat looks like big room to run to US watching TV is different for someone ON the field and facing 250 lb guys who run a 4.4's.

in short, Brady is the least of our worries. If we are gonna harp on things after a win, why not rank on a CB for not being able to turn his head for the ball? I mean Brady plays QB. Arrington plays CB. Before we want Brady to do things outside his job duties, lets make sure other players are performing well within their duties. Why cant Arrington turn his head and make a play on a deep ball? He is a CB right? Why cant mayo cover RB's? Why cant Gregory cover a TE?  See how petty it seems now?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

the indecision is what is bothering me.

You REALLY need to get over that rkarp. This is the most ridiculous discussion I have ever seen here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes he should say to the team "some players here are more important to the team than others

[/QUOTE]

Any idiot knows that's true without a message needing to be sent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

You must think all NFL coaches are imbeciles since lots of teams have star players on the XP team.

[/QUOTE]

Anybody playing HOF caliber TEs on XPs is a certifiable imbecile, not just BB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

so if thats the case, BB should tell TB to simply throw the ball into the stands, and play the next down. dont bother to start running, stop after 2 steps. start running again, and then fall down.

in case no one noticed, TB was 4 for 17 throwing to WR's not Amdndola or Edelman. His WR's are not getting open. He will take the sack, throw the ball away or run...based on what I saw Sunday, on some of the plays, running was the wise choice to score points or move the chains...based on the comments here, I stand corrected

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

so if thats the case, BB should tell TB to simply throw the ball into the stands, and play the next down. dont bother to start running, stop after 2 steps. start running again, and then fall down.

in case no one noticed, TB was 4 for 17 throwing to WR's not Amdndola or Edelman. His WR's are not getting open. He will take the sack, throw the ball away or run...based on what I saw Sunday, on some of the plays, running was the wise choice to score points or move the chains...based on the comments here, I stand corrected

Having him run is not the answer to his rookie receivers sucking. The lame GM needs to get off his dumb azz and bring somebody in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I endorse just about anything that will limit the abuse of the one bright spot on the offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I endorse just about anything that will limit the abuse of the one bright spot on the offense.

NAS, this team almost lost to the Bills! Some of us had Mallett playing middle of the 3rd quarter in a run away win (you included! Me included!). Yes, part of TB's game was very, very good. But a large part, throwing to the rookies was not working. You think Rex has some pressure dialed up for TB? You think some running lanes will be available to him to secure some points, or at least first downs? You think this offense is scoring more than 17 against the Jets? This offense needs to manufacture some points until everyone is healthy and on the same page....TB can do a better job by decisively running, or throwing the ball away...

now, what is your thought?

Pats 19 Jets 17

Ghost wins another game

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

I don't care as much during the regular season but come playoff time with the game on the line he better grow some stones and run the couple of yards for the score.

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

agreed!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

No , they were open at times, see x and o thread, ky had a few that he didn't drag the toe , and in the end zone  he didn't move to the right place. Lets cool our jets, no pun intended, give some time. you are right nothing is proven, yet

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Still one of my favorites..

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brady has moves like Jagger!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

You know that TB has to look at the other QBs in the league and see what kind of players they have to help them out (i.e. Fitz, Megatron, A. Johnson, etc. etc.) and he looks at his own WR's and thinks...FML