Cromartie: We're the Miami Heat of Football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Cromartie: We're the Miami Heat of Football

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/08/jets-crank-up-trash-talking-for-start-of-season/

Good morning laugh. Thank God, it's all about to be settled on the field starting Sunday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Cromartie: We're the Miami Heat of Football

The Jets better be as good as the hype, or they will be the laughingstock of the NFL. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Cromartie: We're the Miami Heat of Football:
    [QUOTE]The Jets better be as good as the hype, or they will be the laughingstock of the NFL. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]
    A. they already are...if the team wasnt based in NY...then most people would have lost interest years ago
    B. id love to know who their lebron, wade and riley equivalents are...i mean yeah...lebron doesnt have a ring yet(although that issue will be settled by the end of june) but wade has one and pat has several...does anyone in the jets organization have a world title to their credit?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

you gotta say, these guys aren't afraid to put the pressure on themselves to perform....talk about Fat Rex's Jets being the anti Magini/wanna be Belichick...wow!
    As a fan of football, even the most ardent Pats supporters have to admit, it must be fun following this Jets team rather than the day to day BB/Brady say nothing when asked a question game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

...does anyone in the jets organization have a world title to their credit?

Yeah Larry Izzo  lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]...does anyone in the jets organization have a world title to their credit? Yeah Larry Izzo  lol
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]
    they cut Larry Izzo....I think Brunell won last year with the Saints. I don't think Bart Scott was on the Ravens championship roster

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

so brunell? thats it?...of course he might be a better option than starting the sanchize being that the job of the NYJ QB's this year is to do anything but dont screw it up for the defense

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]so brunell? thats it?...of course he might be a better option than starting the sanchize being that the job of the NYJ QB's this year is to do anything but dont screw it up for the defense
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]
    wouldnt surprise me if the Jets start 1-3 if the blame falls on Sanchez and Brunell gets a start

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

How many cocky teams have lived up to their talk?  I can only think of one right now, and that's the 85 Bears.  They talked the talk and walked the walk...as we are painfully aware :^(

Might be more out there.  I just don't think that's a recipe for success.  We'll find out soon enough.  Thank god they still play the games and don't crown championships in the offseason.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

ronk, I don't think their management is smart enough to bench Sanchez after a slow start. By doing so, they'd be admitting to themselves and their fans that they screwed up by trading up for Sanchez. Considering they still have empty seats to sell for their games, I doubt that's going to happen.

He'll get this season and the start of next at the most. After that, it's fair game I think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

That is really funny. I am starting to like the Jets. It is not often you have a team of collective idiots who are encouraged by their coach to speak out in the media. This makes for some must watch Rex Ryan post game interviews. You know the ones where he tries to explain the loss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Another quote from Cro:

CB Antonio Cromartie: “This defense can be really good. We’re looking to be the best in the history of NFL football. We’re setting our goals high, and that’s what we’re looking forward to.”

As for Sanchize, he will continue to grow and get more consistent.  That is what he lacked last year.  I saw glimpses of greatness but he obviously went through stretches where he would struggle. You guys can write him off, I like his chances of building off the late season success.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

They definitely won't bench Sanchez.  Whatever seats might be empty will be filled by all of the guys wearing Sanchez jerseys and designer sunglasses here in California.  Sanchez has become a hero in the gay communities of CA.  It's unbelievable.  It just seems weird seeing a car drive by with a rainbow bumper sticker, another one supporting gay marriage, and a Jets logo.  It was bad enough being in Chargers country.  Now I'm seeing Jets attire and logos cropping up everywhere.  I see a move in my future.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Cromarte and LT will bring the West coast choke to the ghettolands.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]They definitely won't bench Sanchez.  Whatever seats might be empty will be filled by all of the guys wearing Sanchez jerseys and designer sunglasses here in California.  Sanchez has become a hero in the gay communities of CA.  It's unbelievable.  It just seems weird seeing a car drive by with a rainbow bumper sticker, another one supporting gay marriage, and a Jets logo.  It was bad enough being in Chargers country.  Now I'm seeing Jets attire and logos cropping up everywhere.  I see a move in my future.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

My sincerest condolences.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

One thing that stood out to me while watching Episode 2 of Hark Knocks - and I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here yet - was Schotty sitting at the table with Sanchez, coaching him on the body language he needed to have when taking direction/criticism in team meetings.  It boiled down to, "sit up, don't slouch, you're the starting QB of an NFL team, look like it - show some 'can do' attitude and leadership to your teammates." (paraphrased)

I turned to my long-suffering 'Skins-fan wife (I know, I know), compared what we'd just seen to Brady's apocryphal/real (?) draft day quote to Kraft, and said, "the Jets are in trouble."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

An overhyped team that hasn't actually accomplished anything?  So, yeah they are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

and we watched HarD Knocks as well that night...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]They definitely won't bench Sanchez.  Whatever seats might be empty will be filled by all of the guys wearing Sanchez jerseys and designer sunglasses here in California.  Sanchez has become a hero in the gay communities of CA.  It's unbelievable.  It just seems weird seeing a car drive by with a rainbow bumper sticker, another one supporting gay marriage, and a Jets logo.  It was bad enough being in Chargers country.  Now I'm seeing Jets attire and logos cropping up everywhere.  I see a move in my future.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

This is hilarious. 

Que the masses to tell me this is not funny.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

sooo, this thread went from Cro's quote to Sanchize being a hero for gay people? Really?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]sooo, this thread went from Cro's quote to Sanchize being a hero for gay people? Really?
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

Yup, that just happenned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

yes whodeawhodat and mark is waiting for your callKiss

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Jets lose week 1 mark it down.