Crumpler's Contract: 2 years/$4.8 million

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Crumpler's Contract: 2 years/$4.8 million

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/26/crumplers-contract-48-million-for-two-years/

Overpaid a bit but I think it's worthwhile considering his off-field presence, he's a good locker room guy, he'll do well in the community, and he's still serviceable as a player. Plus, not too many options were out there considering we didn't want to use one of our higher picks on a tight end. His receiving numbers have declined a bit but I think that'll improve a little with Brady at the helm. A Vince Young/Kerry Collins combo will do that to your numbers.

Granted he's not going to be the long-term solution, I think this is a savvy move to fill a hole on our roster.

Don't bring up the Olsen subject. We don't use our tight ends to that degree so it'd be a waste of a pick. Plus, Lovie Smith has gone on record to say that he's going to be a big part of their offense still.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

Re: Crumpler's Contract: 2 years/$4.8 million

Crumpler is getting paid exactly the same as he was last year.  There were 16 TE paid more than he was in 2009 (there could be even be more this year).  Do people feel that he is not worth #15-20 TE money?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This is a damn good price for the Pats. 2.4mil a year is cheap for a starting TE that will help rebuild your running game (hopefully)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think they would use a TE as a receiver if Brady trusted him.  Fauria was the last receiving TE he trusted....  I can't blame him for losing faith in Graham and Watson as receivers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

Fauria?  He had a high of 28 receptions as a Patriot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Good contract for both sides, look at what he did last year run blocking!  He's like having another big ugly on the field and he can still catch the ball.  Might not out run anyone but he can still find a hole in zones.  This is a very good pickup for the Pats, I'm sure TB was very happy about having a darn good blocking TE helping to keep him clean.

We need a running back that will make the most out of Alge's abilities, bring on fresh legs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

now you see where they slot that position... i cant remember bakers exact salary but I think it was similar...also i read on some blog that baker was a cancer in the locker room and thats why he was dumped so quick

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

a good pickup, but i hope the pats get their oney's worth from this guy 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

Baker signed for 2 years and $4.75 million with Seattle.  Does anyone think Baker is worth the same as Crumpler?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Crumpler's Contract: 2 years/$4.8 million:
    a good pickup, but i hope the pats get their oney's worth from this guy 
    Posted by kansaspatriot

although Alge's is not the same player he was while in the Atl one thing has not changed, he is tough smart high character guy.  He will not be a problem for the coaches and will be a team first guy.  They'll get their money worth and because I've been a fan of his tend to think they'll get more.

If anyone is going after Brady he will be the first guy in the mix that's the type of player he is and team guy.