Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below

per paul parillo:

belichick:
    "He had a good start with the offseason program [and] did a good job in the spring. He's working hard. He's out there every day, working hard, getting better," Belichick said. "The big thing is he's been out on the field every day – that's the most important thing, is to be able to work and improve and get better. His durability has been good. He's worked on a lot of little things – different reads, techniques in the running game, passing game, gained some experience. I think the whole lead-up to it has been good. He really hasn't had that the last two years. This is the first year he's really had an offseason program in the National Football League – offseason to spring camps and all that."

But despite Belichick's words, Cunningham's development still seems a bit stunted. He's consistently been with reserve groups at defensive end and recently has worked on the inside in some sub packages. On Monday he had a difficult time in 1-on-1 drills against the offensive line and wasn't able to gain much penetration as a pass rusher.

Perhaps the switch inside may allow him to use his speed to his advantage and potentially carve out a role for himself.

"We'll see how it goes," Belichick added. "I don't know that there's enough evidence to know how that's going to turn out. We've worked a couple of our ends in there. We'll see how it goes."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below

I am really disappointed in JC. Looking like it just isn't going to work. He will probably get cut, then go somewhere like Tampa and be a star! lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It's kind of hard to get anything out of that.

Parillo really only referenced him struggling one day, where apparently they moved him inside (or, out of the position he's already been struggling to learn). He's used to working on the outside and using his speed, I'm not surprised he struggled inside surrounded by 300lbsers.

I would expect him to be with the reserve group also. Barring injuries,a nd people playing to their level....what would he be? Maybe the 5th DE, 3-5th OLB? Better for him to work with reserves and get the reps.

I don't think BB is blowing smoke mentioning this being his first real camp, that's a fact.

Give him the first 4 real weeks, by the end of that, if he's not seeing the field, I'll concede he's finished.

I still think though, this team, with it's depth, he's going to find himself on the field in some very advantageous positions with, I think, limited responsibilities. I'm thinking like Banta-Cain during his stints here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I re-watched a little of the preseason game and tried to focus on him for a while. Admittedly I didn't watch him on every play he was in, just a sample, but on the plays I saw I wasn't too impressed. He didn't ever seem to quite make it to the QB or runner. He does look bigger to me though this year, and seemed maybe better at holding his position against blockers so that may explain the inside experiment. He may be a bit of a tweener--not quick enough to be effective at end and not really big enough to hold up inside.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This is why I don't pay attention to BB when he praises players. Sometimes he'll talk up a player just to try to give them a boast in confidence. Sometimes BB is sincere about praise but how often have we heard him praise fringe players who later never make the team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

As with any bubble players, the final cuts will tell the truth. I trust BB in knowing whether this kid can play or not. I had high hopes for him, but with the talent we have, he has his work cut out for him. If I had to guess, I'd say he is gone...Hope I'm wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Bedard has both Cunningham and Brace projected to make the team.  I have neither of these chronic underperformers making the cut.

I'd love to be wrong since both were high draft choices but it appears each benefited from playing next to top notch players in college.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below:
    [QUOTE]This is why I don't pay attention to BB when he praises players. Sometimes he'll talk up a player just to try to give them a boast in confidence. Sometimes BB is sincere about praise but how often have we heard him praise fringe players who later never make the team
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I even get a bit nervous about that player's chance to be on the team tomorrow when he starts praising them. How many times has he said so and so has done a nice job and has worked real hard and then a week later he is telling the media that things just didn't work out.

AS for Cunningham, I didn't like the pick at the time, but I've got to admit he looked more than serviceable as a rookie. I thought he was injured last year because at one point it looked like he had gained 40 pounds. I'm 50/50 on him getting cut.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It isn't all that hard to shine on a 31st ranked defense. If he can't get on the field with this bunch, with all the injuries this D has seen, and BB is drafting LBs and DEs with 1st round picks, these things tell me this guy stinks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, Matt Light, Gronkowski, Branch, Vollmer, etc, are all terrible 2nd rd picks. Just awful.
    Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE]

Not much to show for 18 second round picks since 2000.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]It isn't all that hard to shine on a 31st ranked defense. If he can't get on the field with this bunch, with all the injuries this D has seen, and BB is drafting LBs and DEs with 1st round picks, these things tell me this guy stinks.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Still using the BS yardage stat in your whine while ignoring the fact that they ranked 15th in points allowed and held both the Ravens and Giants to below their season averages.

Anything to shield your love from his sub par playoff stats, safety and INTs

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, the Pats D isn't as competitive and deep as any in the AFC or anything. lmao
    Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE]

Last season they gave up more yards than any team in the AFC bonehead. And only 6 AFC teams gave up more points. Let's hope BB's massive defensive investment on draft day changes all that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below : Hmmm, rusty appears, GlenRusty appears.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Thanks for expected baby cop out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below : cop out of what, you flippin idiot?

Now your answering for your girlfriend babe?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below : cop out of what, you flippin idiot?

Temper temper little child

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below : Yep, I just reviewed the 6th grade dictionary... I just can't find the word NIEGTHER.  Help a brother out.  What does it mean?

It means I didn't spell check. OK child. Does that make your angry inch feel bigger?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below : Still using the BS yardage stat in your whine while ignoring the fact that they ranked 15th in points allowed and held both the Ravens and Giants to below their season averages. Anything to shield your love from his sub par playoff stats, safety and INTs
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Hi Rusty.

Yes, it has been well pointed out that their inability to get off the field against the Giants caused a low scoring game. But you couldn't admit that. That would require honesty and a brain.

There haven't been many criticisms of the D in the Ravens' game. They actually got a turnover and had a few 3 and outs. They did try to blow it at the end as usual, but fortunately the kicker muffed a chip shot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below : Hi Rusty. Yes, it has been well pointed out that their inability to get off the field against the Giants caused a low scoring game. But you couldn't admit that. That would require honesty and a brain. There haven't been many criticisms of the D in the Ravens' game. They actually got a turnover and had a few 3 and outs. They did try to blow it at the end as usual, but fortunately the kicker muffed a chip shot.  

You only fool yourself sweetie. How many posessions did each team have?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below : What word did you spell wrong?

Figure it out child

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below : You only fool yourself sweetie. How many posessions did each team have?
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

About 2/3 as many as a normal NFL game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below : Last season they gave up more yards than any team in the AFC bonehead. And only 6 AFC teams gave up more points. Let's hope BB's massive defensive investment on draft day changes all that.

Still haven't figured out that games are decided by points?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below : About 2/3 as many as a normal NFL game.

Way to duck the question girlie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cunningham still barely performing - parillo review below : receives what?

I'd accuse you of playing dumb but we all know it's not playing