Cunningham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Cunningham

Is it just me or has Cunningham completely flown under the radar. I have found quite a few articles on position battles at ILB regarding Spikes, WR regarding Price, CB regarding McCourty and everywhere you look there is a TE preview with Gronk and Hernandez. 

The biggest question we have on defense is at OLB where TBC and Burgess seem to be the potential starters neither of whom, anybody feels really comfortable playing all 3 downs. Shouldn't Cunningham have a little more buzz around him? Is the reason we are not talking about this guy because we do not want to jinx it or something? His development is probably more crucial than any other young player on the team. I mean we have very serviceable starters at ILB in Mayo and Guyton, at CB with Bodden and the ascending Butler, at WR with Moss Welker/Edelman and Holt, at Safety with Merriweather and Sanders/McGowan, yet everyone seems to be talking about Spikes and Mackenzie, McCourty, Tate and Price and of course Chung at Safety. There are big questions at both OLB, where our two "starters" seem to be more DEs in a 43 than 34 OLBs.

That is my rant. Just wanted to remind everyone on here we did draft Jermaine Cunningham. He is vying for one of the two very open starter spots at OLB. Was hoping someone who knows a little bit more about him could get the discussion going here...

I won't even get the ball rolling with a link....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Cunningham

Is this some type of Trolling attempt?  Plagiarizing a respected poster. 

In Response to Cunningham:
    Is it just me or has Cunningham completely flown under the radar. I have found quite a few articles on position battles at ILB regarding Spikes, WR regarding Price, CB regarding McCourty and everywhere you look there is a TE preview with Gronk and Hernandez.  The biggest question we have on defense is at OLB where TBC and Burgess seem to be the potential starters neither of whom, anybody feels really comfortable playing all 3 downs. Shouldn't Cunningham have a little more buzz around him? Is the reason we are not talking about this guy because we do not want to jinx it or something? His development is probably more crucial than any other young player on the team. I mean we have very serviceable starters at ILB in Mayo and Guyton, at CB with Bodden and the ascending Butler, at WR with Moss Welker/Edelman and Holt, at Safety with Merriweather and Sanders/McGowan, yet everyone seems to be talking about Spikes and Mackenzie, McCourty, Tate and Price and of course Chung at Safety. There are big questions at both OLB, where our two "starters" seem to be more DEs in a 43 than 34 OLBs. That is my rant. Just wanted to remind everyone on here we did draft Jermaine Cunningham. He is vying for one of the two very open starter spots at OLB. Was hoping someone who knows a little bit more about him could get the discussion going here... I won't even get the ball rolling with a link....
    Posted by Celtics12345

Cunningham

posted at 7/17/2010 10:22 AM EDT
    First: 8/29/2009
    Last: 7/18/2010
    Is it just me or has Cunningham completely flown under the radar. I have found quite a few articles on position battles at ILB regarding Spikes, WR regarding Price, CB regarding McCourty and everywhere you look there is a TE preview with Gronk and Hernandez.

The biggest question we have on defense is at OLB where TBC and Burgess seem to be the potential starters neither of whom, anybody feels really comfortable playing all 3 downs. Shouldn't Cunningham have a little more buzz around him? Is the reason we are not talking about this guy because we do not want to jinx it or something? His development is probably more crucial than any other young player on the team. I mean we have very serviceable starters at ILB in Mayo and Guyton, at CB with Bodden and the ascending Butler, at WR with Moss Welker/Edelman and Holt, at Safety with Merriweather and Sanders/McGowan, yet everyone seems to be talking about Spikes and Mackenzie, McCourty, Tate and Price and of course Chung at Safety. There are big questions at both OLB, where our two "starters" seem to be more DEs in a 43 than 34 OLBs.

That is my rant. Just wanted to remind everyone on here we did draft Jermaine Cunningham. He is vying for one of the two very open starter spots at OLB. Was hoping someone who knows a little bit more about him could get the discussion going here...

http://www.newerascouting.com/01/jermaine-cunningham-scouting-report/

I'll even get the ball rolling with a link....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Cunningham will not add much this year except on special teams  .  . . he is a two year project as he was a good OLB on a great college defense and still has much to learn (saw a few Florida games last year).  I'd say Guyton will be the swing LB as he is moved to learn the outside position because Spikes, Mayo and MacKenzie will be the young studs on the inside.  The Pat's expect Crable to push Burgess on one side and TBC will start on the other as the OLBs.  Woods, Alexander, and Ninkovich battle it out to make the team and at least one of them will be gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Cunningham:
    Is this some type of Trolling attempt?  Plagiarizing a respected poster.   In Response to Cunningham : Cunningham posted at 7/17/2010 10:22 AM EDT MaritimePatsFan Posts: 382 First: 8/29/2009 Last: 7/18/2010 Is it just me or has Cunningham completely flown under the radar. I have found quite a few articles on position battles at ILB regarding Spikes, WR regarding Price, CB regarding McCourty and everywhere you look there is a TE preview with Gronk and Hernandez. The biggest question we have on defense is at OLB where TBC and Burgess seem to be the potential starters neither of whom, anybody feels really comfortable playing all 3 downs. Shouldn't Cunningham have a little more buzz around him? Is the reason we are not talking about this guy because we do not want to jinx it or something? His development is probably more crucial than any other young player on the team. I mean we have very serviceable starters at ILB in Mayo and Guyton, at CB with Bodden and the ascending Butler, at WR with Moss Welker/Edelman and Holt, at Safety with Merriweather and Sanders/McGowan, yet everyone seems to be talking about Spikes and Mackenzie, McCourty, Tate and Price and of course Chung at Safety. There are big questions at both OLB, where our two "starters" seem to be more DEs in a 43 than 34 OLBs. That is my rant. Just wanted to remind everyone on here we did draft Jermaine Cunningham. He is vying for one of the two very open starter spots at OLB. Was hoping someone who knows a little bit more about him could get the discussion going here... http://www.newerascouting.com/01/jermaine-cunningham-scouting-report/ I'll even get the ball rolling with a link....
    Posted by Tcal2

great sleuthing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Cunningham:
    Cunningham will not add much this year except on special teams  .  . . he is a two year project as he was a good OLB on a great college defense and still has much to learn (saw a few Florida games last year).  I'd say Guyton will be the swing LB as he is moved to learn the outside position because Spikes, Mayo and MacKenzie will be the young studs on the inside.  The Pat's expect Crable to push Burgess on one side and TBC will start on the other as the OLBs.  Woods, Alexander, and Ninkovich battle it out to make the team and at least one of them will be gone.
    Posted by tenace4life

Guyton cannot play OLB he doesnt have the strength to do so nor the build for it. Bill tried him one game at OLB and he tossed that project out the window in one game. Guyton was the worst OLB I have ever seen the Pats try to use.

Tully and Burgess spot arent safe. Its actually the opposite as Crable plays on Tullys side and Cunningham plays on Derricks side.  Cunningham can play on both sides unlike Tully and Derrick. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

See this thread: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a2383439d-0c96-48df-9f00-0f064cbc5548

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Perhaps Celt here, saw my comments and figured it would be "fun" to try and rile me up??

Consider the source.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a527126c0-440c-4528-80d5-0e4927f08c5c&plckCurrentPage=0

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ae826c3ba-92a1-4a1b-8f94-e1db4c25487e

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Digger, those are some good links.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

lol

thanks