Curran Is Reporting the NFL Edited Rule Today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Curran Is Reporting the NFL Edited Rule Today

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and yet petralgia and price on weei said it was the right call.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/10/20/quick-hits-mike-petraglia-and-chris-price-break-down-patriots-30-27-ot-loss-to-jets/

[/QUOTE]

That is not the point. The point is no NFL coach or player knew of this rule adjustment until after this game today.

The bagjob left everyone asking what the rule is, but Curran caught the NFL in its own mess actually showing guilt, changing the wording of their own rules on their own website.

Not going to say it again.

That shows guilt, plain and simple.  They also sent a memo to the refs this past week, but did not alert coaches or players.

Face it, Bustchise, you got away with any other lucky win induced by the refs today. Week 1 and then today as well.

[/QUOTE]

No coach or player knew?  How do you know this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[/QUOTE]

You seem to be taking both sides here with what you're typing.  I don't even understand what you're saying. The "second level" element is specified by this Baldino character and was what was shown as evidence per Greg Bedard.  No LOS player was shown as an example like what Jones supposedly did wrong today.

What matters is that if you CHANGE A rule, everyone needs to know what the change is and what is or isn't allowed.  Very clearly, 

Barring your premise being "Chris Jones did that on his own for the first time in his NFL career today", it's next to impossible for every single ref for 10 weeks of NFL action for our team, including preseason, to never see any of our DTs flagged for this.

None of the teams have been reported to have received a memo of any in-season rule change notice so that this could be known either.

Did you hear Boger announce the penalty? He called it Unsportsmanlike and pushing into the pile", almost like he had no idea what on earth his fellow ref was calling.

A stunt on a FG is "pushing into the pile"? That penalty is when the play is dead and someone pushes some into the pile.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure every NFL team gets a copy of the official rule book.  The NFL officials are not expected to read it to them.  They should have let them know the rule was different in the official rule book than was taught but the teams are ultimately responsible for reading the official rule book.  It doesn't really matter what the VP of officiating said, it just means he was wrong.

So my "side" is that it's a crappy rule, they did a crap job of informing people (actually teaching the wrong rule), and its a bizarre time to decide to call it for the first time ever, but there is not a conspiracy.  Like Z says, it makes the NFL look like they need to get their crap together.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/392066713228816384/photo/1

This is incredible. I've never seen anything like this in my life.

Tom Curran is breaking this story.  Coaches and players said it was "second level players only".

We got hosed, folks.  We got hosed.   

Back in March, Dean Blandino, VP of Officiating, cited "second level".  I was right again. Spygate was a witch hunt and now again the NFL has been caught LYING.

FLAT OUT LYING and trying to cover for their officials in games!

Spygate and now this. We've been made out to be an example of without Goodell simply picking up the phone to communicate.

Now this has affected the outcome of our game today. Kraft and BB should protest in case this has any postseson ramifications down the road.

How embarrassing is it that a commissioner is signing off on rule changes where his own refs don't even know or are now being told to call it on NE, because other jealous teams are using BB's in-line stunts on FGs and PATs as examples for that rule to be applied to the point we got set up by a ref in OT during the week a memo was sent JUST to refs?

Why don't teams get notified if there is something not legal?

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Like the Tuck rule.  No one knew it existed.  Karma.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, he had it called on us in 2001, moron. I believe Carolina had it that year, too. Well known rule and longstanding.

[/QUOTE]

longstanding? How long?

[/QUOTE]

1999. 1 year after you started watching the NFL. lol

The rule wasn't created the same year the Pats happened to be in a playoff game with the loser Raiders.

[/QUOTE]

Three years is longstanding?  Would it have mattered if the tuck rule was added in 2001 when Brady fumbled?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I thought this rule was about getting more points on the board. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tom Curran is breaking this story.  Coaches and players said it was "second level players only".

Back in March, Dean Blandino, VP of Officiating, cited "second level".  I was right again. Spygate was a witch hunt and now again the NFL has been caught LYING.

Spygate and now this. We've been made out to be an example of without Goodell simply picking up the phone to communicate.

Now this has affected the outcome of our game today. Kraft and BB should protest in case this has any postseson ramifications down the road.

How embarrassing is it that a commissioner is signing off on rule changes where his own refs don't even know or are now being told to call it on NE, because other jealous teams are using BB's in-line stunts on FGs and PATs as examples for that rule to be applied to the point we got set up by a ref in OT during the week a memo was sent JUST to refs?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Everyone knew the tuck rule existed and it got called against the Patriots against STL s earlier that same year.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Why is this so hard for people to understand. God I'm really tired of simple minded individuals who say things without knowing whether they are right or wrong. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to thefly8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All the call did was give Brady and the offence a excuse For their pathetic play. 

[/QUOTE]
    and the defense.

[/QUOTE]

Defense won the game, while shorthanded two key starters.   To hold to a long range FG that late in the game after our offense was so awful, was fantastic by the D.

Pick 6, Sacks and Geno BUsth throwing at a 50% completion rate. Would have been worse if not for bagjob roughing calls after tackling an RB or a terrible spot on 3rd down by Geno Bust.

[/QUOTE]

55% 3rd down conversion, against anemic O, deja vu. 

20+ yard completions all day, against anemic O, deja vu

2 score lead at the half, blown.  deja vu

Brady ties the game,  against tough D, deja vu

stupid penalty, deja vu

"L", deja vu

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All the call did was give Brady and the offence a excuse For their pathetic play. 

[/QUOTE]
    and the defense.

[/QUOTE]

Defense won the game, while shorthanded two key starters.   To hold to a long range FG that late in the game after our offense was so awful, was fantastic by the D.

Pick 6, Sacks and Geno BUsth throwing at a 50% completion rate. Would have been worse if not for bagjob roughing calls after tackling an RB or a terrible spot on 3rd down by Geno Bust.

[/QUOTE]

injuries happen to every team.  next man up.  you don't excuse other teams.  don't excuse your own.  Minus brady's pick six, the o scored 20.  the d gave up 23.  this one is on the d.  own it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, he had it called on us in 2001, moron. I believe Carolina had it that year, too. Well known rule and longstanding.

[/QUOTE]
    look it up.  let me know. 

You watching the colts vs. manning?

[/QUOTE]

I don't need to look it up for you. YOU look it up.  Any Pats fan here can verify the tuck rule going against us in 2001. I believe it was actually vs the Jets, if I am not mistaken. Carolina's was vs Minny, I believe.

You're new to football as of 1998 when the crappy Colts franchise drafted Gomie but any educated fan knew about it.

[/QUOTE]
    and I can tell you pushing is against the rules in 2013. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know if it's a conspiracy ... but doesn't it at least seem like the NFL needs, dearly, to get its act together? 

This is amateur stuff ....

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Look no further than the overpaid commish. He needs to be retired ASAP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

This is supposed to be the great NFL

If the league showed the teams how a rule is to be interpreted and then changes and hides behind what it says in different words, it just shows it's a mickey mouse league

The chandler jones 15 yd penalty should never have been called

Every time the league efffffs up they come out and hide behind the word safety.

as I said in other threads , the nfl is in the process of destroying the league thru over exposure and not really caring  about safety when they want 18 game seasons and thursday nite games which are by definition unsafe

I am beginning to think the nfl suits will fix games to generate more bucks - just like rollerball

Our government is corrupt, big business is corrupt, unions are corrupt, the media is corrupt,just about everything is corrupt. Yeah rollerball sounds just about right

Where is that ohole bob costas when you need him

goodell and the nfl suits are a disgrace

Btw I am not watching horseface vs the colts. That's probably fixed too

I am even beginning to think AS dropped int in 42 was fixed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the league showed the teams how a rule is to be interpreted and then changes and hides behind what it says in different words, it just shows it's a mickey mouse league

as I said in other threads , the nfl is in the process of destroying the league thru over exposure and not really caring  about safety when they want 18 game seasons and thursday nite games which are by definition unsafe

I am beginning to think the nfl suits will fix games to generate more bucks - just like rollerball

Our government is corrupt, big business is corrupt, unions are corrupt, the media is corrupt,just about everything is corrupt. Yeah rollerball sounds just about right

[/QUOTE]
    fixed which way?  Why is the NFL fixed only when calls don't go the pats way?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't need to look it up for you. YOU look it up.  Any Pats fan here can verify the tuck rule going against us in 2001. I believe it was actually vs the Jets, if I am not mistaken. Carolina's was vs Minny, I believe.

You're new to football as of 1998 when the crappy Colts franchise drafted Gomie but any educated fan knew about it.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not at the first level, it isn't/wasn't. That was just updated today by the NFL, embarrassingly so at NFL. com, you know, their own website?

The only players where it was banned for were players not on the line of scrimmage. That's how it was told to the NFL coaches and players.

That's a fact that cannot be disputed with the evidence we've seen, laid out brilliantly so by TOm Curran tonight.

[/QUOTE]

so you are saying coaches and players were informed.  that's understandable.  conspiracy gone.  what's your beef? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's fixed to keep as many teams in contention as they can keep

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    and the defense.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

injuries happen to every team.  next man up.  you don't excuse other teams.  don't excuse your own.  Minus brady's pick six, the o scored 20.  the d gave up 23.  this one is on the d.  own it.

[/QUOTE]

Did you just say the D giving up 20 points is on the D?  LOL

I'll take 20 points on the road fo the Jets SB in desperation and no Kelly and now Talib, thanks very much.

The D won the game in OT, barring a ref bagjob scenario that has become huge news tonight with more news about it to break tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

No I did not.  thanks for proving again that for you, reading is NOT fundamental.  go back and read my friend, then come back.  I am sure the rest of your comments, which you will have to reiterate are worthy of something. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's fixed to keep as many teams in contention as they can keep

[/QUOTE]

ah, yes.  Is that why the colts and pats so handily have won their divisions over the past decade?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not at the first level, it isn't/wasn't. That was just updated today by the NFL, embarrassingly so at NFL. com, you know, their own website?

The only players where it was banned for were players not on the line of scrimmage. That's how it was told to the NFL coaches and players.

That's a fact that cannot be disputed with the evidence we've seen, laid out brilliantly so by TOm Curran tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Is your argument that Tom Curran knows more than Mike Pereira, the many network people who have said it was the right call?   Who does Curran work for?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Well m pereira is the one with his but in the sling

When BB starts talking about second level and it isn't right, I somehoew think that this suit efffffffed things up , it will always be about making the shield look good, always

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

No, Bustchise. My contention is that Perriera is a lying fool, works for the NFL, is a lawyer, has never said any ref has every blown a call in the history of the league. That is my contention.

He's also from NY.

All issues here.

The timeline Curran lays out above in his piece is what a real journalist does.  

[/QUOTE]

Periera (not Perriera) works for the NFL?  I thought he retired. I think he works for Fox now.  I've witnessed him point out ref's errors.  You have not?  Do you know who he is?  What does his home state have to do with anything?  You're kind of all over the place.  This was apretty tough loss for you, huh?  Maybe you should call it a night. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Just want to re-post this well researched article by Tom Curran. I noticed Bustchise posting a less informative version of this breaking story, by some no name from NESN.

Here it is:

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/nfl-muddled-explanation-fateful-rule-change

[/QUOTE]

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mike-pereira-new-penalty-ruling-during-new-england-patriots-new-york-jets-gme-102013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

No, Bustchise. My contention is that Perriera is a lying fool, works for the NFL, is a lawyer, has never said any ref has every blown a call in the history of the league. That is my contention.

He's also from NY.

All issues here.

[/QUOTE]

LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's also from NY.

All issues here.

[/QUOTE]

Periera (not Perriera) works for the NFL?  I thought he retired. I think he works for Fox now.  I've witnessed him point out ref's errors.  You have not?  Do you know who he is?  What does his home state have to do with anything?  You're kind of all over the place.  This was apretty tough loss for you, huh?  Maybe you should call it a night. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, any former NFL head of officiating who is always in the pockets of the current AWFUL calls by NFL reps, still works for his buddies in the NFL, IMO.

"ref's"?  What is the ref possessing, Bustchise? LMAO

Maybe you should sign in as another one of your names and continue to show your jealousy of the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

What are we in English class?  Ate you so upset about getting beat by a rookie QB that you think asking about an apostrophe is appropriate on a football forum?  Wow!  Just wow!  How old are you?  Are you just throwing a fit beause you didn't know how to spell Pereira? 

What I posted was the ref's errors.  That seems pretty clear to me.  In this case, the error belongs to the ref.  Do you not understand that?  Why did you ask that question?  How old are you?  Are you just a kid or something?  Do you know what the use of an apostrophe is?  Do you know what possess means?  Do you know anything at all?  Again, why ask such a trivial thing in the midst of a football discussion, especially when you are so very wrong.

Why, in the middle of a football discussion do you ask about what it is that the ref is possessing when it is blatantly obvious that the ref is possessing the error that he made..... the ref's error.  See?  The error of the ref is the ref's error.  The apostrophe is used there to show that.  Do you have any other absurd questions that have nothing to do with football or the fact that Belichick didn't know the rules in the rule book.  Should we work on some basic math?  We can start with the lower numbers.   Are you just a little kid on an adult sports forum?  It must be bedtime.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's also from NY.

All issues here.

[/QUOTE]

LOL

[/QUOTE]

you are laughing at him, right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's no conspiracy here. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course there is. You don't call that kind of BS to decide a game at the end, unless something underhanded is afoot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's no conspiracy here. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course there is. You don't call that kind of BS to decide a game at the end, unless something underhanded is afoot.

[/QUOTE]

Seems everyone else that thinks rules should not be enforced at certain points in too afraid to answer this. How about you?

If the pushing resulted in the kick being blocked, should the rule have been enforced?  how about offsides?  Can that be called in that situation?  Running into the kicker? 

25. This post has been removed.