In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No, Bustchise. My contention is that Perriera is a lying fool, works for the NFL, is a lawyer, has never said any ref has every blown a call in the history of the league. That is my contention.

He's also from NY.

All issues here.

The timeline Curran lays out above in his piece is what a real journalist does.  

[/QUOTE]

Periera (not Perriera) works for the NFL?  I thought he retired. I think he works for Fox now.  I've witnessed him point out ref's errors.  You have not?  Do you know who he is?  What does his home state have to do with anything?  You're kind of all over the place.  This was apretty tough loss for you, huh?  Maybe you should call it a night. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, any former NFL head of officiating who is always in the pockets of the current AWFUL calls by NFL reps, still works for his buddies in the NFL, IMO.

"ref's"?  What is the ref possessing, Bustchise? LMAO

Maybe you should sign in as another one of your names and continue to show your jealousy of the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

What are we in English class?  Ate you so upset about getting beat by a rookie QB that you think asking about an apostrophe is appropriate on a football forum?  Wow!  Just wow!  How old are you?  Are you just throwing a fit beause you didn't know how to spell Pereira? 

What I posted was the ref's errors.  That seems pretty clear to me.  In this case, the error belongs to the ref.  Do you not understand that?  Why did you ask that question?  How old are you?  Are you just a kid or something?  Do you know what the use of an apostrophe is?  Do you know what possess means?  Do you know anything at all?  Again, why ask such a trivial thing in the midst of a football discussion, especially when you are so very wrong.

Why, in the middle of a football discussion do you ask about what it is that the ref is possessing when it is blatantly obvious that the ref is possessing the error that he made..... the ref's error.  See?  The error of the ref is the ref's error.  The apostrophe is used there to show that.  Do you have any other absurd questions that have nothing to do with football or the fact that Belichick didn't know the rules in the rule book.  Should we work on some basic math?  We can start with the lower numbers.   Are you just a little kid on an adult sports forum?  It must be bedtime.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, Bustchise/Uncle Rico, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Hey ballbanger, are you going out and looking for a job tomorrow or are you going to be here all day cluttering up the forum with your defense is great, brady is bad threads?  Do you have much left on your EBT card or did you blow it all today on pork rinds and kool aid?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Curran Is Reporting the NFL Edited Rule Today

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No, Bustchise. My contention is that Perriera is a lying fool, works for the NFL, is a lawyer, has never said any ref has every blown a call in the history of the league. That is my contention.

He's also from NY.

All issues here.

[/QUOTE]

Periera (not Perriera) works for the NFL?  I thought he retired. I think he works for Fox now.  I've witnessed him point out ref's errors.  You have not?  Do you know who he is?  What does his home state have to do with anything?  You're kind of all over the place.  This was apretty tough loss for you, huh?  Maybe you should call it a night. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, any former NFL head of officiating who is always in the pockets of the current AWFUL calls by NFL reps, still works for his buddies in the NFL, IMO.

Maybe you should sign in as another one of your names and continue to show your jealousy of the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

What are we in English class?  Ate you so upset about getting beat by a rookie QB that you think asking about an apostrophe is appropriate on a football forum?  Wow!  Just wow!  How old are you?  Are you just throwing a fit beause you didn't know how to spell Pereira? 

What I posted was the ref's errors.  That seems pretty clear to me.  In this case, the error belongs to the ref.  Do you not understand that?  Why did you ask that question?  How old are you?  Are you just a kid or something?  Do you know what the use of an apostrophe is?  Do you know what possess means?  Do you know anything at all?  Again, why ask such a trivial thing in the midst of a football discussion, especially when you are so very wrong.

Why, in the middle of a football discussion do you ask about what it is that the ref is possessing when it is blatantly obvious that the ref is possessing the error that he made..... the ref's error.  See?  The error of the ref is the ref's error.  The apostrophe is used there to show that.  Do you have any other absurd questions that have nothing to do with football or the fact that Belichick didn't know the rules in the rule book.  Should we work on some basic math?  We can start with the lower numbers.   Are you just a little kid on an adult sports forum?  It must be bedtime.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nothing about the use of apostophes?  Why not?  Do you feel kind of dumb?  You should.  Is it bedtime, kiddo?  Got to get up for school?  Good luck on that big Engish test tomorrow.  I've got a feeling you won't do very well considering your lack of understanding of basic English rules.  FYI, in the word I've that I used above, there is nothing being possessed, it's a contraction.  I used an apostrophe to take the place of other letters and combined two words. It's kind of confusing.  We can work on it some other time.

[/QUOTE]

What's an "apostophe", Rico?

[/QUOTE]

Just a simple typo.  Would you like me to fix it?  Why do you care so much?  After looking so silly by not understanding that a ref possessed the errors he made, I would think you would bury your head in the sand.  Why are you still trying to run a English/typing class on a football forum?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's also from NY.

All issues here.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey ballbanger, are you going out and looking for a job tomorrow or are you going to be here all day cluttering up the forum with your defense is great, brady is bad threads?  Do you have much left on your EBT card or did you blow it all today on pork rinds and kool aid?

[/QUOTE]

Does he call everyone bustchise or Rico?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/392066713228816384/photo/1

This is incredible. I've never seen anything like this in my life.

Tom Curran is breaking this story.  Coaches and players said it was "second level players only".

We got hosed, folks.  We got hosed.   

Back in March, Dean Blandino, VP of Officiating, cited "second level".  I was right again. Spygate was a witch hunt and now again the NFL has been caught LYING.

FLAT OUT LYING and trying to cover for their officials in games!

Spygate and now this. We've been made out to be an example of without Goodell simply picking up the phone to communicate.

Now this has affected the outcome of our game today. Kraft and BB should protest in case this has any postseson ramifications down the road.

How embarrassing is it that a commissioner is signing off on rule changes where his own refs don't even know or are now being told to call it on NE, because other jealous teams are using BB's in-line stunts on FGs and PATs as examples for that rule to be applied to the point we got set up by a ref in OT during the week a memo was sent JUST to refs?

Why don't teams get notified if there is something not legal?

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Like the Tuck rule.  No one knew it existed.  Karma.

[/QUOTE]

Zip it troll. The pats got shafted on the tuck rule call, not gifted. Learn the game fool.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's no conspiracy here. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course there is. You don't call that kind of BS to decide a game at the end, unless something underhanded is afoot.

[/QUOTE]

Seems everyone else that thinks rules should not be enforced at certain points in too afraid to answer this. How about you?

If the pushing resulted in the kick being blocked, should the rule have been enforced?  how about offsides?  Can that be called in that situation?  Running into the kicker? 

[/QUOTE]

Is this hard for you to comprehend? It's really not that difficult.

In the playoffs, and in the deciding moments of games, you let them play. If a violation is clear/blatant you call it. You don't decide the game with a flag on a tickey tack BS call.

Got it now?

Hell, they could call offensive holding on virtually every play. Learn the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course there is. You don't call that kind of BS to decide a game at the end, unless something underhanded is afoot.

[/QUOTE]

See what I mean?  Seems like you have the same genitals as the rest.  Female genitals.  Pretty basic question.

[/QUOTE]

See what you mean? How could I, you blather inane BS with your every word. (see above)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's also from NY.

All issues here.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does he call everyone bustchise or Rico?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, people who don't agree with him or has any negative thing to say about our team must mean we are jets trolls.  Funny how him and a few others make fun of the jet trolls and then their team beats us today.  Boy, ballbanger, smellbear an will whatever his name is sure look silly right now.  Especially for them giving these jets trolls all the attention they are trying to get.  Well done fellas, you played right into their game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My take: 

The rule itself is rather strange; I understand that it's a safety consideration but it remains, in my mind, strange.  The practice of assisting a teammate with a push on both sides of the ball has been going on as long as I can remember. 

Rather odd time to enforce it apparently for the first time this far along in the season.  I'm sure it's happened a number of times thus far this year.  To enforce it at a critical point in the game when it had exactly zip effect on the outcome of the play does not help clarify things.

Kraft will get an explanation although we may never know what that explanation will be.  BB will be his usual effusive self about the matter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My take: 

The rule itself is rather strange; I understand that it's a safety consideration but it remains, in my mind, strange.  The practice of assisting a teammate with a push on both sides of the ball has been going on as long as I can remember. 

Rather odd time to enforce it apparently for the first time this far along in the season.  I'm sure it's happened a number of times thus far this year.  To enforce it at a critical point in the game when it had exactly zip effect on the outcome of the play does not help clarify things.

Kraft will get an explanation although we may never know what that explanation will be.  BB will be his usual effusive self about the matter.

[/QUOTE]

When they ask him about it today in his EEI interview he will say... you have to ask the officials about it they made the call.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

You can't allow a game to be decided like that....

The more Goodell allows football to morph into Basketball, where there officials control the outcome, the more the great game of football will be tarnished.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

Four pages of complaining about a bad call. I don't know if if it was corruption or just flat out incompetence. But it did not cost the Patriots the game.

The Jets are a joke. If they are in a position to beat you late in a game, you deserve to lose. This game shouldn't have been close. The Pats played like garbage and they got what was coming to them.

Their offensive line was terrible and Brady seems to get worse by the week. The Pats need to start looking for his replacement  in the offseason.  I appreciate everything he's done for the Pats. But the Tom Brady of the mid 2000s is long gone. Nobody wants to talk about it, they just want to make excuses. But Brady's play is making things very difficult for us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to scash2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Four pages of complaining about a bad call. I don't know if if it was corruption or just flat out incompetence. But it did not cost the Patriots the game.

The Jets are a joke. If they are in a position to beat you late in a game, you deserve to lose. This game shouldn't have been close. The Pats played like garbage and they got what was coming to them.

Their offensive line was terrible and Brady seems to get worse by the week. The Pats need to start looking for his replacement  in the offseason.  I appreciate everything he's done for the Pats. But the Tom Brady of the mid 2000s is long gone. Nobody wants to talk about it, they just want to make excuses. But Brady's play is making things very difficult for us.

[/QUOTE]

This threads about the call, if you want to talk about other bs go see another thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bottom line is why hasn't it been called before ?  Stunts with linemen on the line happen all the time.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

This threads about the call, if you want to talk about other bs go see another thread.

About that call.  It was the right call, but I'm not convinced a call like that should be called in that OT or during the last couple of minutes of a game. Not for that type of rule/penalty.

And, no, it's not a conspiracy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bottom line is why hasn't it been called before ?  Stunts with linemen on the line happen all the time.   

[/QUOTE]

Based on the rules a correct call. To your point over 400 extra points and FG's to date in the NFL and this is the first time this is called. It is the equivilant of calling pass interference on a hail mary pass at the end of a half or the end of the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to scash2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. what the Patriots were supposed to stop playing when they realized they weren't going to blow the Jets out? Every week each team knows that it can be dog fight and you try to overcome mistakes and put yourself in position to win in the end and that's exactly what they did! And then the outcome is decided by a colossally bad call. That's why there is four pages of frustration.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Based on the rules a correct call. To your point over 400 extra points and FG's to date in the NFL and this is the first time this is called. It is the equivilant of calling pass interference on a hail mary pass at the end of a half or the end of the game.

[/QUOTE]

Again, not true. Based on the CHANGED rule, fresh last week, not the one released to the public by the NFL at NFL.com.

You keep saying that, but it's false.  

Can you name a time a league has changed the rule mid seasons and nto even told coaches or players?

Are you denying the wording of the rule was changed last week, which is what triggered the fresh memo to the refs?

That action had to come from somewhere. It's becoming pretty apparent, it's the Ryan Brothers who are involved in this.

[/QUOTE]

what rule was changed?  Where was it changed? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Again, not true. Based on the CHANGED rule, fresh last week, not the one released to the public by the NFL at NFL.com.

You keep saying that, but it's false.  

Can you name a time a league has changed the rule mid seasons and nto even told coaches or players?

Are you denying the wording of the rule was changed last week, which is what triggered the fresh memo to the refs?

That action had to come from somewhere. It's becoming pretty apparent, it's the Ryan Brothers who are involved in this.

[/QUOTE]\

Based on the way the rule is currently written it was interpreted correctly. I was pointing out that it was the 1st time this year this particular penalty was called in the league. Everything I posted is factual... No?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you say last night that the rule was changed right after the game?  That someone in the NFL ran to the computer and changed it online after the game to cover their tracks?

Yes, you did. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Tom E. Curran @tomecurran 1h

Belichick: "It's our job to understand the rules and whatever the bottom line is we didn't do it properly." Annnnd, that's a wrap.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

@Nick_Underhill I just wanted my friend Nick to know that I think onus is on Pats coaches but more clarity could have been afforded. Woot!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Bill Belichick says Chris Jones shouldn't take responsibility for field goal penalty. Says that coaches did a poor job coaching the new rule

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

"We interrupt the climactic play of this football game for a half-hour conversation with Marcia Coyle, frumpy editor of the National Law Review Journal, followed by a special presentation of 'Heidi'."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seems everyone else that thinks rules should not be enforced at certain points in too afraid to answer this. How about you?

If the pushing resulted in the kick being blocked, should the rule have been enforced?  how about offsides?  Can that be called in that situation?  Running into the kicker? 

[/QUOTE]

Is this hard for you to comprehend? It's really not that difficult.

In the playoffs, and in the deciding moments of games, you let them play. If a violation is clear/blatant you call it. You don't decide the game with a flag on a tickey tack BS call.

Got it now?

Hell, they could call offensive holding on virtually every play. Learn the game.

[/QUOTE]

I see.  You think that if that same breaking of the rules had resulted in the kick being blocked, then they should have thrown the flag?