Current List of Available WR on the Market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Current List of Available WR on the Market

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

I suppose you were happy with the ancient group we had last year; Branch, Stallworth etc...

Or more likely you're one of the "well we should have signed so and so in the offseason," never realizing that there were X amount of wide receivers available in the offseason and they all either stunk, were overpriced or were vets who our coaches knew sight unseen that couldn't understand or play in our system.

Then there's the last group; why don't we coax Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Chris Carter out of retirement to come play for us... which one are you, because all I hear is crying.

None of the above.  Other teams have awesome receivers, why can't the Pats GM deliver on that as well?

[/QUOTE]

Because that GM simply isn't awesome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

When the Patriots traded for both Moss and Welker they were either looked at as washed up or unknown until they came here. But there have been other receivers who were thought of as having potential because they had at least one good season on other teams such as Donald Hayes, Joey Galloway, Brandon Lloyd, Reche Caldwell, Tory Holt, and Chad Ochocinco.

Moss was entering his 10th year in the league.  He was coming from a terrible Oakland team.  He was hardly thought of as washed up.

The Pats traded a second round pick for Welker.  He wasn't unknown.  He was a good player.  No one knew he'd turn into what he did, but hardly unknown.

The rest of those guys:

Donald Hayes:  Never any good.  After Pats?  Out of football.

Joey Galloway:  His career was over before he arrived.  After Pats? One more season and done.

Brandon Lloyd:  Seven teams in 11 years. After Pats?  Out of football.

Reche Caldwell:  Was never any good.  After Pats?  One more season and done.

Torry Holt:  Toast upon arrival, never made it into a game:  After Pats?  Out of football

Chad Ochocinco:  Toast upon arrival.  After Pats?  Out of football

Take a long hard look at that list, folks.  This is the utter trash that Belichick has given Brady to work with over the years. 

Other than Branch you could say, "Take a long hard look at that list, folks," during the Super Bowl years. They won 3 without a super star receiver. Most great receivers are divas that want top dollar.

If you spend to the cap please tell us what areas you would cut to justify signing a top flight receiver? In all fairness the Patriots did try to sign Sanders from Pittsburg this past off season but they matched the offer.  Even then there were questions as to whether or not he would have been a good fit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

I'd give Henderson or Breaston a go. I am sure Brady is going to demand something is done about it. You just can't rely on having DA as your top receiver due to his injury history and issues and back him up with a bunch of first year rookies. Why would people think that is the way to go??? Gronk is the key but he is injury prone as well.

Exactly what is Brady going to demand?  He is an employee of the NEP.  He doesnt call those shots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Unbelievable...

1. They brought Jenkins in and he got beat out by the rookies, along with everyone else.

2. Lloyd was cut and then asked back for less money, he declined.

3. What makes you think a vet can pick up this system any better than a rookie, ask Chad Johnson and Joey Galloway how they did learning the system.

4. You people have zero patience, considering I know most of your age's from posts about who you are, this is disconcerting.

Relax, resign yourself to the eventuality that this team will lose a few games, if not the next one then most likely to Atlanta on the road the following week.  Remember that back in 2001 we won games by a field goal, the team was strung together with parts from other teams who were unwanted and considered role players at best, we found ways to win even if it was ugly.  

The good news is the WR corps is very talented, they're playing every week and learning, have shown a knack for getting open even if they haven't caught a ton of balls.  It can only get better so enjoy the process instead of hemming and hawing and wringing your hands, it won't help the rookies learn any faster or your blood pressure.  

I for one am glad we have a fully rebuilt defense, a run game and a group of speedy, athletic receivers.  

Show some fortitude, I thought New Englanders were tough?

Well said.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Other than Branch you could say, "Take a long hard look at that list, folks," during the Super Bowl years. They won 3 without a super star receiver. Most great receivers are divas that want top dollar.

If you spend to the cap please tell us what areas you would cut to justify signing a top flight receiver? In all fairness the Patriots did try to sign Sanders from Pittsburg this past off season but they matched the offer.  Even then there were questions as to whether or not he would have been a good fit.

Sure, they are going to cost to sign or acquire.  $14M in salary cap room provides a great opportunity to do so.  I don't think they should spend it all (nor have I ever stated so)...just in case...but they an $8M wideout wouldn't cripple the team.

So, I'll ask again:  Of the guys that have come through the doors over the years, who has been of any true quality that wasn't successful with Brady?  The list you provided was the opposite of true quality.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Exactly what is Brady going to demand?  He is an employee of the NEP.  He doesnt call those shots.

Well maybe he should.  After all, he is the one doing the work.  If you are a mechanic and all your boss gives you is duct tape then you need to speak up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Tom Brady spent 3 months with the WRs on the team and he couldn't get on the same page with them, you think Tom would sync up with a new WR he never worked with just like that, huh? 

Okay, the kids are talented, they just need guidance.

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

+2

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Is that like Comcast reporting they are faster than Verizon....WHO reported the PATS contacted Lloyd...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23596663/report-wr-brandon-lloyd-has-turned-down-at-least-six-teams

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Well maybe he should.  After all, he is the one doing the work.  If you are a mechanic and all your boss gives you is duct tape then you need to speak up.

Tom is not above the team he is the leader.  When Gronk and DA get back and the rookies get some more reps everything will be fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Rumors are just that...I'm not sure I'm having any of the Pats asked Lloyd to come back...

That being said....a receiver will be brought in before 9/22 either trade or try out off a FA...I ain't ruling out CFL either.

It was reported that the Patriots and three other teams offered Lloyd a contract, it's not a rumor.

Is that like Comcast reporting they are faster than Verizon....WHO reported the PATS contacted Lloyd...

Actually, where I live, Comcast is about 10 times faster than Verizon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

I'd give Henderson or Breaston a go. I am sure Brady is going to demand something is done about it. You just can't rely on having DA as your top receiver due to his injury history and issues and back him up with a bunch of first year rookies. Why would people think that is the way to go??? Gronk is the key but he is injury prone as well.

I am sure Brady is a lot smarter than that.  No doubt, if any player begins making "demands" with BB, his career in NE is likely to come to an abrupt halt. 

Right and I am sure Kraft and the fans of NE would be happy if BB did anything to move Brady on. He'd think what happened in Cleveland would be a party compared to what would happen if he tried to move Brady on in NE. Also I am sure their would be 25 -30 other franchises that would throw a lot more money at Brady than he is on now if BB did move him on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    You think Tom Brady is just another player or employee of NEP? Absolute rubbish. People think of New England Patriots all over the world and their first thought is Tom Brady. He is the franchise.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    You think Tom Brady is just another player or employee of NEP? Absolute rubbish. People think of New England Patriots all over the world and their first thought is Tom Brady. He is the franchise.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but he is just an employee. He has said that on numerous occasions!

BTW who are you going to let go to bring these new receivers in?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

He doesnt make those decisions, I dont care how great people think he is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

I am sure Brady is a lot smarter than that.  No doubt, if any player begins making "demands" with BB, his career in NE is likely to come to an abrupt halt. 

Right and I am sure Kraft and the fans of NE would be happy if BB did anything to move Brady on. He'd think what happened in Cleveland would be a party compared to what would happen if he tried to move Brady on in NE. Also I am sure their would be 25 -30 other franchises that would throw a lot more money at Brady than he is on now if BB did move him on.

Well, the fact is, that day will come.  BB has shown that he has no issue with moving on from a player...makes no difference who it is.  I don't think BB would care in the least if another team chose to pay TB more, after he does move on.  In fact, I don't see how that would reflect negatively on BB at all.  The point is, TB is in no position to make demands.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Personally, I think they need a TE.  I would be calling the Browns when they are 0-4 and would be offering up a 6th rounder for Ben Watson.

Also, when Jacksonville is 0-4 see if they would part with Cecil Shorts.

Formerly JYASO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

hate to break this news but

On the Patriots, Kraft owns, the GM Gms, the coaches coach, and the players play. 

players don't pick other players.to be on the team. btw Kraft is really the franchise
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

[QUOTE]

Sure, they are going to cost to sign or acquire.  $14M in salary cap room provides a great opportunity to do so.  I don't think they should spend it all (nor have I ever stated so)...just in case...but they an $8M wideout wouldn't cripple the team.

So, I'll ask again:  Of the guys that have come through the doors over the years, who has been of any true quality that wasn't successful with Brady?  The list you provided was the opposite of true quality.

[/QUOTE]

Can you show me where you see that they have $14 million in cap space?

This site shows $8.4 million in cap space for the Pats.

http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

On the Patriots, Kraft owns, the GM Gms, the coaches coach, and the players play. 

players don't pick other players.to be on the team. btw Kraft is really the franchise

Wow, you've only been on this board for two years and understand this.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow, you've only been on this board for two years and understand this.

[/QUOTE]

I admit I needed other posters to help me lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

What about Mark Harrison?