D. Brooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

D. Brooks

By the way. Why is it that the Pats are not interested in Derrick Brooks as an ILB, now that Tyrone is gone for the season? Is he too small or what do you think? I think he is just as "fast" and fresh as Bruschi and Seau. (Actually he is more talented than Bruschi in my opinion).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: D. Brooks

I would love to see brooks land here.many will argue that he is to small,or under weight,but he plays a lot harder then his size,and most players in the league right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]By the way. Why is it that the Pats are not interested in Derrick Brooks as an ILB, now that Tyrone is gone for the season? Is he too small or what do you think? I think he is just as "fast" and fresh as Bruschi and Seau. (Actually he is more talented than Bruschi in my opinion).
    Posted by haldager[/QUOTE]

he's a terrible fit. too small, too short, too slow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]he's a terrible fit. too small, too short, too slow.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]but better then most.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]but better then most.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

No. He's worst than most.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

only in your opinion.compare his stats to our guys,and tell me the samething,he dropped off some this past year,but other then mayo.knowbody else surpassed him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/3141/index.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

comparing apples to oranges

you have to be at least 240 and run a 4.4 to 4.5 40 or be around 250 to 260. either way, a player has to navigate traffic against 300+ pound offensive guards. Brooks runs around players. The Pats need players who can control them, players like Napoleon Harris.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

now i wouldnt mind harris either.but it would be nice to see some impact pass rushing.i like the big guys on the team,but they are built mainly to stop the run.which is good,but its nice to see the QB,s getting creamed,or running for there lives.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

There aren't many good options. Perhaps Jason Babin, Kalimba Edwards, Roderick Green, Antwan Peek, or Carlos Polk. I wouldn't take one of these free agents right now for the Pats over Tully Banta-Cain. If Ellis gets release, he might be a good pickup, same with Burgess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Put Thomas inside!  We're stacked at OLB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Too old. Not saying he can't play. The Pats would just have too many players on the wrong side of thirty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Love Brooks if you need help with a Tampa Two.  Great character guy.  Not a fit for the Pats. 

I would guess FSU broadcast team or an assistant coach with someone like Mike Tomlin or Lovie Smith.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I would have to agree with most, while I would like to see the Pats bring in a vet, at this point I would rather see them take a chance on some young blood and see how it goes.  No veteran available right now would make any significant impact, so why not take a chance on an unknown.  Maybe the Pats will strike gold.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Maybe Chad Brown is available.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[
    QUOTE]he's a terrible fit. too small, too short, too slow.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]
    and too old. he's 36, for crying out loud.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i love these people who complain that there is not enough pass rush in one post, and then suggest moving AD back to the inside in another. brilliant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE][ QUOTE]he's a terrible fit. too small, too short, too slow. Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE] and too old. he's 36, for crying out loud.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE] I could buy into the size situation,but when i hear many say the 37-yr old Gallowway signing being good,and he has had his share of injuries.it makes me scratch my head,and trying to figure it out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Moss:

Watching the Tampa Bay vs. Oakland game at the end of last season will give you every reason why DB will not - and should not - play NFL football again. The rapid deterioration of skills and reflexes due to age was more and more obvious as the game progressed - culminating in his lack of speed in catching the ballcarrier in the open field (when they were side-by-side) leading to a Raider game winning TD.

Five years ago, DB would have been a great addition to the Pats.

Now, the silence is deafening as every team in the league has expressed their lack of interest by not even inviting him to come to training camp as a free agent.

Sad end to a glorious career.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I can buy into that,AND 37 yr old Gallowway?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Moss:

From what I've been hearing, Galloway still has something left in the tank (just not as much as in the height of his career) whereas Brooks doesn't seem to have anything left to give. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Brooks is over the hill. Besides, as several have already pointed out...he's too small to fit in the Pats' defensive system.