D getting lots of attention, how about the OL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'm guilty of this as well, been so excited about the draft, FA on the defence side but have not thought about our O line. Even though it has not been the weakest part of the team for the last few years but the production has gone down. Is this the draft to address it? Should some picks go to a replacement tackle, C/G?

OL from Oregon most likely will be available in the 2nd should he be taken, Max Unger. From what i've read he sounds like a good player. Any good tackles that might be available in the 3rd?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

W e just signed OL Johnson, who's good depth. I really like Unger in the 2nd, but he may not be there, depending on what Pittsburg does.

I'd like for us to get a guy like Fenuki Tupou in the 3rd. He'd man the right side for the next decade, and we could cut Kaczur, whose game makes me feel ill.

Ideally, we could upgrade left tackle as well, but I don't see that happening for another year or two. Light plays hard, but he just can't handle speed rushers; we need a more athletic LT who can shut down premier pass rushers. Maybe next year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Jamon Meredith might be there in the second, he would be a good fit at LT. Yes if Harvin falls to 23 I think the Pats will take all the time on the board looking at him but I see more and more mock drafts (doesn't really mean anything) that have Ray M. falling to the low to mid 20s he's also a guy that would not be passed up.

keeping this the thread, OL needs to be addressed. If a LT is there I think it needs to be looked hard if he's worthy of the pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Unger would be a great fit. I saw him play out here in the Pac 10. He can play all the line positions including tackle. Has good strength and plays with tremendous Leverage. Suprised if he gets out of the first round. Resigning of Hoch, Britt, and now Al Johnson makes it very unlikely we go O-Line this early. Late 3rd or 4th round. Also the TE out of Florida is very intriguing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

I'm hoping the Pats don't waste early draft picks on O-lineman; they have done a great job over the years drafting them late and developing them under Dante. Its one area where the Pats have not had to overspend, and drafting too many of them early will mean they'll have to commit to bigger rookie contracts than necessary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I like the depth at OG in this draft and believe all the franchise LTs will be gone come #23. The depth at WR is very good; good enough to get 2nd wide out in the 2nd or 3rd. The Pats could get a very good receiver with any one of their 2nd round picks:Britt, Nicks, Heyward-Bay, Robiskie (whoever falls into the 2nd). OGs: Levitre, Urbik,Thomas. I keep thinking we could see as many as 6 LTs off the board in the 1st.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

A few of us have maintained all along that we should take a OT in round 1. I have been saying all year that I think we should take a OT in round 1 and i still think that. Matt Light is going to slip a lot fast then people think and if ever there was a year for drafting a replacement LT it is this year as they are insanely deep at OT this year. I would love to see us draft a LT so we can move Light to RT and make Kazcur a back up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I'm hoping the Pats don't waste early draft picks on O-lineman; they have done a great job over the years drafting them late and developing them under Dante. Its one area where the Pats have not had to overspend, and drafting too many of them early will mean they'll have to commit to bigger rookie contracts than necessary

I've seen this statement a lot on this board and think that it is highly inaccurate. Dante can mold somebody into a decent player but you can't coach a guy to be big and fast. Interior linemen and backups are one thing but you need a stud to be a top-notch tackle. OLB's and DE's are physical freaks these days. You just can't coach up a guy enough to make him a dominant tackle if he doesn't already have the required size and athleticism. Light is pretty good but somewhat overrated and we've had a revolving door at RT for the past 10 yrs. Robinson-Randall, Ashworth, Kasczur, LeVoir, Britt, O'Callahan etc. None of these guys have been anything special. That was our biggest weakness when we lost to NY in the Bowl. I totally agree with MVPKilla. We need an upgrade at LT so we can move Light over to RT. Good tackles cost a mint when they hit free agency. That's why you have to draft one early.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

We need to get ourselves another Bruce Armstrong, someone who can play 100+ games with otu missing a start. Until Brady broke his record Armstrong held the record for most consecutive games started for the Pats. This is a big year for Tackles and we need to take one early.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

LTs are special on in this draft might 6 be gone by pick 15. If the Pats feel they need one they have the picks to move up but I don't think that will be the case.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Wewont move up to draft a LT but we will draft a tackle at either 23 or in round 2 or at least i really hope we do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Yes the D does get a lot a attention. It better get more. That's where we must improve if we want to get back to the SB. Everyone knows it. Our third down and red zone defense sucked last year. Not just bad. Sucked.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea but Ricky we have already started to address the D and we cant use every pick in the draft on the D. With the picks we have made and will make we should be able to grab a few quality Olinemento go along with the D. If we dont get a LT soon Light is going to start to slip and fast and with Bradys knee being teh way it now is we cant afford to have a slipping LT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

The OL has a lot of talent and depth. But, a lot of their contracts will be expiring over the next two years. I can see drafting an OL in an effort to start addressing that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

I hear ya MVP. My original point being.....the D can never get too much attention in my opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

I don't know that there's any real problem with the Pat's OL. These guys should all be entering their prime. The left side is better than the right and Kazur in particular is a bit erratic. Last year was a little deceiving as Cassell was holding the ball too long in early games.

I mean don't get me wrong, If they could get a top notch Left Tackle and move Light to right tackle, I'd be in favor of that. It's just that their needs are much more pressing on defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Well we certainly have enough draft picks this year to get an OL and better our defense. Even if Bill trades some of our draft picks with four picks in the first sixty we are sitting in an excellent position.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

I've seen Oher fall into the 20s in quite a few mocks. I know they're just mocks, not reflections of reality, but I think that despite concerns about Oher, he could at RT this season and eventually work his way over to LT.

I like him at 23 way more than Britton or Beatty at 34 or 47. Meredith at 58 might be a better value pickup, but Oher has the potential to be special with proper coaching. Just a thought.