Damione Lewis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Damione Lewis

Are the Pats looking to run more 4-3 next year. The signing of Lewis and Looking at players like Dan Wiiliams Tenn.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Damione Lewis

another old guy...cant wait.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Damione Lewis:
    another old guy...cant wait.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

who do you expect them to get in free agency? A little extra depth, if nothing else, won't hurt anyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Damione Lewis:
    Are the Pats looking to run more 4-3 next year. The signing of Lewis and Looking at players like Dan Wiiliams Tenn.
    Posted by patriots44

My thoughts exactly. Alot of there personell seems to be better for the 43.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Are the Pats looking to run more 4-3 next year. Posted by patriots44

hybrid defense

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

As Kansas said just like every other year, the pats will play some hybrid, but will still base out of the 3-4 so long as BB is the HC of this team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

Confused chaos 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

see if he makes the team?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

see if he makes the team?
    Posted by NEforever

i'm sure he will, like previously mentioned depth has been added inexpensivley. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Damione Lewis: This guy stinks. His price tag is a true indicator of how worthless he will be to us.
    Posted by patriots44

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

I think the Pats are looking for flexibility in the draft, by signing him they have a backup plan if none of the DT they are looking for in the draft comes their way or do and don't work out.  Depth flexibility. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

I think the Pats are looking for flexibility in the draft, by signing him they have a backup plan if none of the DT they are looking for in the draft comes their way or do and don't work out.  Depth flexibility. 
    Posted by RealtyPats
    If we take Odrick at 22 that would be great with Warren and Wifork. Unless they feel that Lewis can play the 5 Technique out there at end. You have Lewis ,Pryor, and Brace now. Looks more like a 4-3 set than 3-4.I think if the Pats do not take an OLB like a Hughs or Kindle. Then the Pats will probably go 4-3 almost 40% of the time this year. We will see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Not a bad p/u considering that it was a depth move. He was a first round draft choice of the Rams in 2001 and he attended The U,which means he's been in the 3-4 for longer than The Fork. Will he wind up playing for the Patriots during the season,that would be anyones guess.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Good signing. He's been a solid player throughout his career. Durable. Good tackler. Cheap.

So what if he doesn't pan out. These kind of signings have always been low risk/high reward. For that reason, anyone who casts aspersions on this signing is an idiot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Posted by patriots44

It comes up every year, it seems.  I think they will do what their personnel allows them to do.  Obviously in the offseason, after they have evaluated the previous season, they attempt, thru FA and, to lesser extent, the draft, to fill holes.  Lewis replaces Green, but gives them depth and places an emphasis on run stuffing.  (Obviously Brace was a huge disappointment.) 

They will continue with their situational substitutions as is most customary now in the NFL. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I like this signing for Pats.  Creates depth and it helps our LINEPLAY (which its all about).  Lewis has played,started 62/64 games for Carolina the past few years and hopefully he continues this trend. 
    Hopefully now the Pats can NAIL down some playmakers on Defense with their draft coming up!  OLB's/DE's - can't wait!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

This was mentioned but I just wanted to tweak it... first VW got a huge deal and that means they will run a 3-4 (he's a NT not a 4-3 DT) I know he can play 4-3 DT but not at the level he plays NT at. And when the Patriots play a 4-3 it isn't your mama's 4-3 so to speak... VW still plays the NT technique and they have a DT beside him along with two DE's.  so basicly it is an off centered 4-3 they play not a heads up 4-3.  It is a bit confusing but this I am sure of. 

Also he creates depth as was mentioned and that is never a bad thing the Superbowl teams were great "teams", not a great starting cast with bumbs backing them up. The patriots had players at almost any position they could plug in and not miss a beat as long as it wasn't a long term deal. That is what they are trying to get back to and look like so far they are having some success.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

He will be a huge help on short yardage/ third down situations. 

He is a veteran who doesn't get caught out of position in those situations.

That was a big problem last year.

All three teams in our division are grind it out teams who depend on 3rd and short option plays to get big yards.

Having a smart vet will who knows when to rush and when to fill gaps will help alot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Posted by patriots44
    Patriots bring in Price from UCLA. Like I said earlier they are looking at alot more 4-3 type of players. I Know this is just a visit like 215 others. Even if they take Graham who's to say they guy won't play with his hand on the ground most Downs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Lets project for a minute.

If they did play alot more 4-3...especially on running downs...would they play VW and Lewis on the inside, and Warren on the outside, with a rookie at the other end...or would they play TBC at end?  TBC at linebacker?  LB's are another issue.  Mayo plays the inside, but who plays outside?  Adalius?  TBC? Mckenzie?

Interesting things to think about anyhow..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Lets project for a minute. If they did play alot more 4-3...especially on running downs...would they play VW and Lewis on the inside, and Warren on the outside, with a rookie at the other end...or would they play TBC at end?  TBC at linebacker?  LB's are another issue.  Mayo plays the inside, but who plays outside?  Adalius?  TBC? Mckenzie? Interesting things to think about anyhow..
    Posted by adam4522
    I think wright would get more playing time at End, along with Warren

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

this guy is a depth signing, thats it. no way they are changing the defense to build around damione lewis. if the pats pick some good d linemen in the draft he may not even make the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

No one is saying that they are changing defense for one guy, but rather there are fewer players available that fit the 3-4 due to the increased number of teams playing it.  BB is a flexible coach.  I think it is possible he pulls a Red Sox and goes pitching and defense due to the cost of the slugger.  They could switch to a base 4-3 with 3-4 leanings depending on the situation instead of the other way around due to the much higher vallue in players available.  Both systems work, it is simply a matter of the players available.  Play to their strengths.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

HMMMmmm

Jets fan .com  Scouting report  guard Allan Fanica says he has trouble with fast inside pass rushers.

http://www.jetsfan.com/Home/tabid/74/ctl/Details/mid/482/ItemID/353/Default.aspx

The reports on Lewis is he is fast and atheletic for a big man.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

BB will run a base 3-4 and will occasionally run a 4-3 as he has done in the past.  Lewis helps with 4-3 sets, with D-line depth, short yardage situations, obvious passing downs.  Not everyone on the team can be under 30 and the team can't get significantly younger instantaneously.  Can't really understand why anyone would have an issue with a low-cost, low-risk, potential high-reward signing like this one.