Danny an improvement over Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Danny an improvement over Welker

Welker started dropping catchable passes two seasons ago and he dropped even more last season.  I think BB smelled something.

From what I have sen from Danny so far, I am impressed by every aspect of his game.  If he can stay healthy, he will be a stud and make us not only forget Welker, but we'll be thanksful that we let Welker go as he drops passes and limps through a disappointing season with Denver... and Danny catches keys passes, (as in doesn't drop a SB winning catch) and wins us a super bowl.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Danny an improvement over Welker

Too early to tell.  Let Brady and DA gets some real games underneath their belts (5-6 games) and it'll be a good time to see how DA compares. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I would say he potentially is an improvement, however, until he stays healthy for an entire season he isn't an improvement yet. Welker was rock solid and on the field every year he was here. I believe he only missed 3 games total? Being able to stay on the field is just as important as performaning. What good is an improvement if they only show up for half the games?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I would say he potentially is an improvement, however, until he stays healthy for an entire season he isn't an improvement yet. Welker was rock solid and on the field every year he was here. I believe he only missed 3 games total? Being able to stay on the field is just as important as performaning. What good is an improvement if they only show up for half the games?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

good point

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Too early to tell.  Let Brady and DA gets some real games underneath their belts (5-6 games) and it'll be a good time to see how DA compares. 

its also too early to tell that the sun will come up tomorrow. DA is bigger, faster, stronger, younger than Wes, and he has Tom throwing to him and BB making sure he is used most effectively...Not to mention the Patriots teammates surrounding him. BE REAL! EL DUNK, you are exactly right. The rest of you, be careful and you better stay home because tomorrow may be your last if you leave the safety of your house! Damn, "too early to tell".....classic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Welker sprained his ankle on Friday. No one is questioning Welker's toughness, but maybe his wearing down every postseason, with us over-targeting him is a big reason why our offense fizzled out every postseason?

Hmm.

I could care less about quantity of receptions in the regular season. Give me a better WR option in January after 85 catches, 7 TDs and 1000 yards with similar, relative production from that same WR over 3 games in January and February.  Welker never really rose up in the postseason. Par of that is teams taking him away, but when he had chances, he also wasn't that good.

1. Amendola can be effective in the shotgun or under center. This is clear already through 2 preseason games.

2. Amendola can line up anywhere and be effective. Welker could not.

3. Amendola is a better red zone target. He's at least 2 inches taller.

4. Amendola drops the ball less and he's never played with a QB of Brady's caliber.

5. Amendola is FASTER than Welker. THe opps for YAC are much greater. Welker may be quicker, but he's not faster after the catch.

Rusty---Do you realize you are a good poster until you start "debating" "defending", and "arguing"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

OMG! OMG!  Welkers drop rate was a whopping 11.28. 

Wait.. what's that?  Calvin Johnson's was 10.29 while Victor Cruz was 12.24 and Eric Deckers was 12.37.  Holy cow, Jordy Nelson was 14.04.  Geez, Randall Cobb was 12.09 and Steve Johnson was 12.22, Andre Roberts was 13.51 and Donnie Avery was 16.67 Ouch!

Maybe the Pats should have got Jason Avant, his drop rate was 0!

15 drops in 166 targets while moving the chains all day long.  I will take that every day of the week and 2x on Sunday! 

Lame thread is lame!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

1. Amendola can be effective in the shotgun or under center. This is clear already through 2 preseason games.

4. Amendola drops the ball less and he's never played with a QB of Brady's caliber.

5. Amendola is FASTER than Welker. THe opps for YAC are much greater. Welker may be quicker, but he's not faster after the catch.

OMG!  How lame and misleading can you be?

1.  Hahahaha, based on 2 preseason games how many reps and catches is that?  7 catches.  Hahahaha!

2. Um, please show me where there is a stat that shows that?  Welker has lined up a higher % outside since 2009 then Amendola has and Welker had more success.  FACT!

3. Are you kidding me?  2 inches?  He is still under 6 feet.  Amendola has a career 7 td's!  And one of those was from a fake field goal where nobody was around him.  He was all by himself in the endzone.

4. I will take Welkers drops, games played, yards and receptions over Amendola's any day. 

5. Oh, and this one is the greates....Amendola Opps for YAC is much greater!  Bwahahahahaha!  So now we are accepting opportunities as a stat.  Bwahahahaha!  You are lame dude.  Watch Amendola, he goes down way to easy after contact, maybe he is afraid to get hurt.  And Amendola's YAC is not even close to Welkers over the last 2 years.

Come on Rusty, this is your whole problem.  You are assuming things.  You have ZERO facts to back up your claims.  I provide actual TRUE facts.  You are a fraud!  Now if you posted something saying you think Amendola COULD be better and then provide some legit info to why you think that then we wouldn't have a problem.  But when you make posts like this, making assumptions based your agenda, then it exposes you as an all out fraud.  You fail dude!  You are a troll and I just proved it.... AGAIN!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Someone posted each, Amendola's and Welker's, and Amendola's was far superior and that was with an inferior QB.

You lose, TFB12.

If you want to showcase your odd man lust for Welker and his fading career in Denver, do it somewhere else, Mr. Bandwagon.

Bwahahaha!  An inferior QB has nothing to do with it.  If you understand stats, which it's obvious you don't,  then catch rate is drops compared to CATCHABLE balls.  So it doesn't matter who the QB is.  And you use catch rate as a stat because obviously it stands to reason that the more opportunity you have to drop a ball, the more balls you will drop.

Do your homework fraud!  If you are going to argue a player up then at least provide facts, not your made up assumptions.  You just got served, dude!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Danny will have a monstrous year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Welker started dropping catchable passes two seasons ago and he dropped even more last season.  I think BB smelled something.

That is what the real deal is. BB has a history of letting people who drop Lombardi trophies walk. I applaud him for that. (Though I still would have liked Wes to stay at reasonable money and try to redeem himself. But I'm afraid he's a choker and I think BB sees the same thing.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Hey TFB12.  Welker has 2 of the biggest drops in Patriots history.  Fact.  His hands aren't that great.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

OMG!  How lame and misleading can you be?

1.  Hahahaha, based on 2 preseason games how many reps and catches is that?  7 catches.  Hahahaha!

2. Um, please show me where there is a stat that shows that?  Welker has lined up a higher % outside since 2009 then Amendola has and Welker had more success.  FACT!

3. Are you kidding me?  2 inches?  He is still under 6 feet.  Amendola has a career 7 td's!  And one of those was from a fake field goal where nobody was around him.  He was all by himself in the endzone.

4. I will take Welkers drops, games played, yards and receptions over Amendola's any day. 

5. Oh, and this one is the greates....Amendola Opps for YAC is much greater!  Bwahahahahaha!  So now we are accepting opportunities as a stat.  Bwahahahaha!  You are lame dude.  Watch Amendola, he goes down way to easy after contact, maybe he is afraid to get hurt.  And Amendola's YAC is not even close to Welkers over the last 2 years.

Come on Rusty, this is your whole problem.  You are assuming things.  You have ZERO facts to back up your claims.  I provide actual TRUE facts.  You are a fraud!  Now if you posted something saying you think Amendola COULD be better and then provide some legit info to why you think that then we wouldn't have a problem.  But when you make posts like this, making assumptions based your agenda, then it exposes you as an all out fraud.  You fail dude!  You are a troll and I just proved it.... AGAIN!  

Poor TFB12.  Supported by many with their enjoyment with his photshop work, so he takes that leverage he thinks he has here, to somehow pretend he understands the game better than me.

[/QUOTE]

Everybody knows the game better than you dumbkoff.

TFB12 is just a big Wes Welker fan. He defends the guy and I can't blame him for that. I liked Wes too. But it's about the team, and he was hurting the team with big drops at the worst time.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Have to wait and see how it all plays out.

...but even though I am a Welker fan...

Let's keep it real, he had the good fortune of getting injured in the last game of a season.

He blew out his knee against "air". That is like the definition of being fragile, "just looking at the nature of the injury alone".

If he blows out his kneee in week one and misses the season no one is talking about him like he's injury proof or an ironman. They are talking about how he missed a whole season once because he juked himself into an injury.

Just keeping it real.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Someone posted each, Amendola's and Welker's, and Amendola's was far superior and that was with an inferior QB.

You lose, TFB12.

If you want to showcase your odd man lust for Welker and his fading career in Denver, do it somewhere else, Mr. Bandwagon.

Bwahahaha!  An inferior QB has nothing to do with it.  If you understand stats, which it's obvious you don't,  then catch rate is drops compared to CATCHABLE balls.  So it doesn't matter who the QB is.  And you use catch rate as a stat because obviously it stands to reason that the more opportunity you have to drop a ball, the more balls you will drop.

Do your homework fraud!  If you are going to argue a player up then at least provide facts, not your made up assumptions.  You just got served, dude!

Catchable balls is subjective, Corky.  The point is, there are not many more accurate QBs in a 10 yard or less range than Brady to Wes Welker.

And, Amendola was also not surrounded by all world talent like Welker was. So, you lose there, too.

Catchable balls means you get your hands on the ball.  That's how it's quantified. If a ball is thrown less accurately than another ball, thus more challenging to catch, then it's a more difficult ball to catch.

Are you telling the board, Sam Bradford is more accurate than Tom Brady?

Please tell the board why you think Bradford is more accurate than Brady.

Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

This has to be the dumbest post ever.  Stop trying to baffle people with your BS.  That's all it is....BS.  Apparently you don't comprehend very well.  Go back and read your posts and then my posts.  You look silly!  You are wrong and I have real facts to prove everything I say.  You have ZERO facts to support your silly claims.

If you are going to make a point then at least use real and true facts.  I have no problem accepting something based of actual true facts.  But when you come on here and make things up in order to make people think what you are saying is true shows how big of a fraud you are and why you are not liked on here.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Hey TFB12.  Welker has 2 of the biggest drops in Patriots history.  Fact.  His hands aren't that great.

Hey, where would you rate Deion Branches drop on the very next play? 

I guess Calvin Johnsons hands aren't very good either.  His drop rate was 10.29 with 1 less drop then Welker.

Here is the problem guys... Most of you are making empty statement about a past player who was very productive to this team.  One of the main components in even making the SuperBowl and playoffs.  You have no facts that support your claims on how Amendola is better or will be better.  He has to prove it first.  I hope he is better then Welker!  I hope he makes the game winning SuperBowl catch in the next 5 Superbowls.  But until he can make it through a season healthy and be an impact player helping the Pats get the the Big show then it's all just wishes and hopes!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Umm, how does your last post tell us how Bradford is more accurate than Brady?  Have you articulated it?

It doesn't matter.  Catchable passes are catchable passes no matter who the QB is.  Learn to read, tool!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Per pro football focus

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Hern(dumbass) had a few bad drops too.... But again it was all Brady's fault on the loss...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

Umm, how does your last post tell us how Bradford is more accurate than Brady?  Have you articulated it?

More deflection from Queenie.  It is one of the clear signs he's been bludgeoned.

[/QUOTE]

He is so famous for it around here.  It's funny, he got away with this garbage in the past.  Now there are several of us who won't let him get away with his lies and garbage agenda.  He fails so many times daily I can't believe he still comes here.  He has to have super low self esteem taking the beating he does here daily.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Danny is younger, faster, taller than Wes who is nearing his end, by proxy that makes him better than Wes.     I won't knock Welker even though he probably deserves it for acting like a spoiled child who didn't get his way but Amendola, Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins are a big upgrade to what we've had for along time.    

I for one am done talking about Welker, we are better off with the youth movement, let's be real this isn't 2006 Reche Caldwell and Brady against the World here, they are seriously stacked right now.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Danny is younger, faster, taller than Wes who is nearing his end, by proxy that makes him better than Wes.     I won't knock Welker even though he probably deserves it for acting like a spoiled child he didn't get his way but Amendola, Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins are a big upgrade to what we've had for along time.     I for one am done talking about Welker, we are better off with the youth movement, let's be real this isn't 2006 Reche Caldwell and Brady against the World here, they are seriously stacked right now.  

I agree that this wr group has much more potential than any core we had in a long time.