Danny Woodhead: The Biggest Loss of 2013...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Danny Woodhead: The Biggest Loss of 2013...

Numbers don't lie...

PFF rankings (Halfbacks)

OVERALL:

Woodhead (6th)

Vereen (19th)

RUNNING:

Woodhead (15th)

Vereen (40th)

PASSING GAME:

Woodhead (2nd)

Vereen (12th)

TOTAL SNAPS ON OFFENSE:

Woodhead - 504

Vereen - 297

TARGETS/DROPS:

Woodhead 83/3

Vereen 66/8 ***** this is shameful!!!!!!!!!!

DROP RATE (50% qualfiers):

Woodhead 3.80% (5th)

Vereen 14.55% (21st)

At first, I thought the loss was significant, but after looking at the numbers, it wouldn't surprise me to see BB look for a new #3 back in the offseason.

Vereen had better play well this weekend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Danny Woodhead: The Biggest Loss of 2013...

Vereen has been a disappointment. Woody's effectiveness dropped year after year. Neither can carry Faulk's jock.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetson13. Show jetson13's posts

Your biggest loss was the JETS.

The nice thing about beating the Pats is they lost the #1 seed and home field throughout by just one game. BHAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

If Woodhead had stayed he likely would have gotten injured just like most everyone else on the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to jetson13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your biggest loss was the JETS.

The nice thing about beating the Pats is they lost the #1 seed and home field throughout by just one game. BHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the game Saturday night... what time did you say the jets were playing this weekend?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vereen has been a disappointment. Woody's effectiveness dropped year after year. Neither can carry Faulk's jock.

[/QUOTE]

Woodhead was a top 10 overall HB in 2012 and ranked 6th in Passing. Vereen only had 19 targets. Woodhead had a down year in 2011, but played well in SB 46. In 2011, Vereen only played on 26 snaps. In 2010, Woodhead was ranked 5th overall and 4th in rushing.

Based on the history of the two, letting a proven commodity like Woodhead walk (to an AFC rival) and counting on Vereen to pick up the slack, seems like a big gamble to take.

BB should enroll in Gamblers Anonymous.

BTW, Woodhead was as good as Faulk. You forget Faulk's penchant for fumbling. Even if your statement is true, it doesn't justify a personnel blunder of this magnitude. Bad drafts and skimping on team payroll is a fool's mixture.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

wow another woodhead post. slow week here...

but his production is missed but financially it had to happen unless Vereen would be traded... whoever didnt play if they both made the team would be wasted..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

To put it mildly Vereen has been disappointing this season.  This would have been the perfect season to really display the talent Woodhead offers.  He would have been very productive for us this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

yep. I miss Woodhead too.  I thought he was a keeper. Proven his worth again with the Chargers. It is what it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I seem to remember the usual suspects complaining constantly about Belichick playing Woodhead too much over the past few years.  You know, "why does Belichick sub for the 'lead back' so much?"  Usually it was combined with a long moan about Belichick passing too much . . . . or not controlling Brady . . . or not knowing how to coach offense himself and not having good offensive coordinators to make up for this deficiency . . . or some such nonsense . . . 

Heck, some posters seem to blame the whole 2010 playoff loss to the Jets on O'Brien's decision to start Woodhead over BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Now all of a sudden Woodhead's even better than Belichick thought he was and Belichick apparently made a mistake letting him go.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TB17JM16. Show TB17JM16's posts

I miss Woodhead too but he is easy to root for, he had a great year for SD, he had more receptions than Welker, and ran for 4 ypc, he has emerged as a go-to player in his first year in San Diego, 76 catches for 605 yards, 6 TDs, and 106 carries for 429 yards and 2 TDs.

I hope he tears it up against the horsefaces.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Woodhead had 1st down written all over him, as he proved. That's one small dog that i'd love to have on my side in a fight. He was and still is 'Value'.

Laughable when people say "he's too small and "will get injured"", huh? There's a list of...oh forget that list of inured heavyweights.  Not a KR but all else was good. He deserved a raise. Too bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I seem to remember the usual suspects complaining constantly about Belichick playing Woodhead too much over the past few years.  You know, "why does Belichick sub for the 'lead back' so much?"  Usually it was combined with a long moan about Belichick passing too much . . . . or not controlling Brady . . . or not knowing how to coach offense himself and not having good offensive coordinators to make up for this deficiency . . . or some such nonsense . . . 

Heck, some posters seem to blame the whole 2010 playoff loss to the Jets on O'Brien's decision to start Woodhead over BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Now all of a sudden Woodhead's even better than Belichick thought he was and Belichick apparently made a mistake letting him go.  

[/QUOTE]

And, if I may add, "the usual suspects" don't realise nor have the smarts to know how to articulate a negative in a very astute command of language, into a postive. Thanks for the laugh, we need more of these around here.

Have a good night ....;-))

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

If only we had kept Woodhead we could have made the playoffs and maybe even gotten a bye with a chance to go to the super bowl. Damn you Belichick!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If only we had kept Woodhead we could have made the playoffs and maybe even gotten a bye with a chance to go to the super bowl. Damn you Belichick!

[/QUOTE]

Probably would have gone 12-4 even with all the injuries. Too bad BB screwed that up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Lost Woodhead, but gained Blount.  I happy with that.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Further proof that more than half of you are just plain ignorant...

Production per game played

Vereen:  

5.5 carries, 4.7 yds/carry

5.9 recepts, 10.5 yds/recept

Total: 11.4 touches, 87.8 yds/game 

Woody:

7.6 carries, 4.0 yds/carry

4.7 recepts, 9.1 yds/recept

Total: 12.3 touches, 73.2 yds/game

Both scored 0.5 TDs/game

I'll take Vereen all day. Oh by the way, he makes about 40% of Woody's salary.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The usual suspects around here know that Dave Meggett, Kevin Faulk, Woodhead, Vereen all play the same position and should be relegated to third downs, not given every down duty.  Their whole premise in our system is to create a mismatch nightmare on third downs and that by using them on every down you take away the change of pace aspect.

Vereen's discrepancy in production came about because he broke his hand, his drops in the passing game have come because he is catching balls with a cast.  I've never seen so much crying and whining over a team that went 12-4.

Moaners...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vereen:  

Woody:

Both scored 0.5 TDs/game

[/QUOTE]

exactly what i posted money wise. Financially letting woody go had to be done. yes, he was a likeable player but Vereen brings the same thing to the table. You can't have two of the same backs on one team. the guy who is seldom used would be a waste of a roster spot. Take out Vereen's injury then he would hav same stat line as Woody and like you said, for less money

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Post thief. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vereen:  

Woody:

Both scored 0.5 TDs/game

[/QUOTE]

Vareen played 8 games due to injury after inheriting the 3rd down back role from woody this year. The numbers he would have paced  out for in a 16 game season are 84 receptions over 840 yards, 8 tds, with over 400 rushing yards, and 2 more tds.

BB is a dummyYell