Darius Butler - All-American DB UConn - Let's Let Him Play!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Darius Butler - All-American DB UConn - Let's Let Him Play!

This guy Arrington is no great shakes.  Darius Butler had a good rookie season for Pats, amde some nice plays and had some INTs.  He was a concensus ALL-American DB, BB personnally went to UConn workout day to see Darius perform, NFL/ESPN, and other media had him as a sure 1-2 round choice in the draft!

Given that he seemed to regress earlier this year and appeared to lose confidence ( many players experience a sophmore slump, right?), but we do need to find out if he can bounce back and be the player he showed glimpses of last year.  Let's play him tomorrow in some nickle situations, and then start him turkey day v the Lions and see what Darius brings to the Pats!

If he plays well, it is one less position of concern for the upcoming draft, or a valuable chip for a trade for future considerations.

What sya y'all?  Throw DButler under the bus, trolls, or give the man a second chance to succeed here and justify our second round selection of him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Darius Butler - All-American DB UConn - Let's Let Him Play!

I'm comfortable letting Belichick decide who should play.  Don't you think he's earned that right by now??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Sure let him play, he'll be benched after 2 series anyway......just like the last time he started after being benched for sucking (or was it 1 series).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

As a fan, I'd love to see the kid get another shot, a chance at redemption.  At the same time and in the words of the immortal Herm Edwards, "you play...to win...the game!", and if he doesn't give them the best shot to do so, I'd prefer they play the person who will.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The physical talent is there but if he isn't playing it's for a reason, I think he is having a sophomore slump (like many guys do) but hopefully by season's end he will pull out of this nose dive he is in.  He has all world talent but the desire has to be there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

yes, give him a second chance, he needs to get out there!
    He has the ability to improve!
    Send him out to there, he has something!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Give him a second chance in week 17, when we have home field locked down. =p 

Then he can look like an idiot all he wants. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

So just because he played at UConn, that makes him worthy of play time??!!

We should be drafting players from Holy Cross now I guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

He'll get it year three I'm pretty sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He was bench because he stayed up watching a boxing match, he need to grow up to make in the NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Pedigree means nothing. How you play does. He got burned worse than Hobbs multiple times. His confidence was shot and he's just not ready. 

He'll get another shot next year. 

Arrington by the way has played fine. 

I'm a fan of the guy because he has the raw talent to become a starter. I just hope they can salvage him and give him some playing time here and there and see what happens. 

At this point the secondary has gelled and is playing well, so you can't go changing things unless someone goes down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

He has the talent and physical attributes, he needs to simply apply the techniques being taught.  He hasn't and has been yanked.