Darius Butler Released!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcfelgar. Show marcfelgar's posts

Darius Butler Released!!!!!!!!!!!!

Announced on his Twitter page....he probably spent too much time there anyways...should have spent more time in his playbook...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Re: Darius Butler Released!!!!!!!!!!!!

He just didn't get it...I don't think it was athletic ability that hampered him, just didnt' seem to know his assignments.

Where does that put us for 53 man squad?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

If this is to make room for D. Gronkowski I don't like it, I would rather have Crumpler as a blocking TE. If anything Butler could have covered in the nickel and dime and played special teams.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcfelgar. Show marcfelgar's posts

Honestly, I think the way Bill saw it was, he wasn't going to get anymore out of Butler than he has, what he showed wasn't good enough, so why not try someone else, so at least the position has a chance for improvement. Plus i don;t think Butler showed the work ethic off the field required to be successful. With Arrington, Bodden, McCourty and Ras-I i think we're set.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Darius Butler Released!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]He just didn't get it...I don't think it was athletic ability that hampered him, just didnt' seem to know his assignments. Where does that put us for 53 man squad?
    Posted by mcboyd22[/QUOTE]

He "got it". He just couldn't play in the NFL. Ever since the day he had one of his typical bad days, and whined about how good the WRs in the NFL are...I new that he was toast. Yet another in what's becoming a long line of wasted high draft picks. 

As things stand now, the Patriots traded their 26th overall pick in the 2009 draft for Butler (Green Bay's 2nd round pick...41st overall), Brandon Tate (Green Bay 3rd round pick, #83 overall), and another third rounder, who the Pats turned into a 2nd rounder in 2010...that was used to select TE Rob Gronkowski.

So...the Pats in essence traded Matthews straight up for Gronk...since both Tate and Butler both turn out to be busts.

BB makes very good draft day trades...acquiring a bevy of high draft picks. But, over the past five years, the opportunities for the Pats to use these draft picks to improve have been wasted...as BB has chosen poorly with these picks. 

It's high time for some accountability in the scouting department. Heads should roll...and the scouting department should be completely revamped: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/06/darius-butler-let-go-by-patriots/   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

People come and go in the NFL.  Butler has athletic ability and probably wasn't a bad decision at the time.  He didn't cut the mustard here; perhaps elsewhere.  BB is hardly the only decision maker to release high draft choices from time to time.

Yeah, I know; time for me to refill my kool-aid glass.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Here comes Babe to bash Belichick lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Say what you want about Babe, but he's right. The Pats drafting record over the past 5 years has been abysmal. Someone must be held accountable for all these wasted high draft picks, over the past 5 years. This is the main reason why the Patriots have not won a playoff game since 2008.

That said...BB is not the main perpetrator in this disaster. The main culprits appear to be the guys in the scouting department. Heads should roll...and roll now. If BB doesn't take action, then he is complicit with the scouts that have made all these bogus personnel recommendations.

Something needs to be done immediately to fix this problem.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Darius Butler Released!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Announced on his Twitter page....he probably spent too much time there anyways...should have spent more time in his playbook...
    Posted by marcfelgar[/QUOTE]

This secondary has been a revolving door of mediocraty and nothing but a thorn in this team's side for years. It ALWAYS a problem. We're ALWAYS thin, ALWAYS injured plus they have drafted extremely poorly at DB. Time will of course tell on Mcourty but I feel sophmore jinx is coming. And PLEASE stop talking about how great we've drafted. Other than drafting TE's, where have the Pats drafted and DEVELOPED great talent??? WR??, DB?? RB?? Bust after bust after bust.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thank you God!!!  The Two worst DB's in the history of the NFL are gone.  Thank you Mr. BB for finally agreeing with my hit list.  It took a few years but all the shlubs are finally gone.

1) Hobbs
    2) Maroney
    3) Wilhite
    4) Mary
    5) Butler

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Whatever.  Not even fielding a cornerback COULD NOT be worse than watching Butler trail receivers and watch as they caught whatever was thrown.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Bill ain't afraid to fold.  Not many guys could get away with cutting a 1st and 2nd round pick in the span of 4 days.  Drafting has been sub par, but a that's the way it is in the NFL.  You hit on 2 or 3 guys a year and you're doing ok. 

Ronnie Brace better be chugging the Slim Fast after seeing this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Bill ain't afraid to fold.  Not many guys could get away with cutting a 1st and 2nd round pick in the span of 4 days.  Drafting has been sub par, but a that's the way it is in the NFL.  You hit on 2 or 3 guys a year and you're doing ok.  Ronnie Brace better be chugging the Slim Fast after seeing this.
    Posted by BSII[/QUOTE]

It's nice that BB has the guts to cut anyone who doesn't produce. But, the Patriots have wasted a series of high draft choices since 2006. Something needs to be done about this problem immediately...whether it's BB making bad decisions, or his scouting department feeding him bad information.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

I seem to recall BB going to UConn pro day and spending a lot of time with Butler.  This bust was his pick all the way.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

as i stated before in a previous thread, ras-i-dowling will be belichicks best pick in last years draft, he was projected in the top 15 before the injury bug hit him at uva, big physical corner with speed who can cover. i just wish belichick would at some point in a draft use one of his numerous first or second round picks on a olb, and wide reciever, thats all i ask!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you God!!!  The Two worst DB's in the history of the NFL are gone.  Thank you Mr. BB for finally agreeing with my hit list.  It took a few years but all the shlubs are finally gone. 1) Hobbs 2) Maroney 3) Wilhite 4) Mary 5) Butler
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

This isn't nearly as awesome as the cutting of Fairyweather.  The best cuts so far the past few years have been.

1.  Maroney
    2.  Fairy
    3.  Watson

Without those 3 clowns, this team is destined for glory.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Out with the bad and in with the good. It doesn't make sense to keep a guy around that is a negative on the team. If our pass rush is effective we'll be fine in the backfield.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Just another failed high draft pick. No surprise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Darius Butler Released!!!!!!!!!!! Ronnie Brace better be chugging the Slim Fast after seeing this.Homes how much weight can he lose in two days? Posted by BSII[/QUOTE]
    Posted by Mybologna[/QUOTE]

ron brace could be another one of belichicks second round busts. the pats ( i hate saying this) but i cant be fairweather, have missed bad with some of their high picks in recent years. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

TPat you sir are a troll. Thanks for finally revealing yourself! Name one consistant playoff contending team that has done better in the draft over the last 5 years than BB and the Pats have done. Go ahead!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

another draft bust

butler was too small and not strong enuff to guard the bigger WRs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

All these failed high draft picks and people still get upset when Bill trades the high picks away for multiple ones in later rounds

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]TPat you sir are a troll. Thanks for finally revealing yourself! Name one consistant playoff contending team that has done better in the draft over the last 5 years than BB and the Pats have done. Go ahead!
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

He sure is.  I wonder how many fake accounts he has on here just to prop up his threads?