Darius Butler...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Re: Darius Butler...

I think there will be a great battle this training camp between Butler, Wheatley, and Wilhite. I thought Wilhite really played pretty well last year after Wheatley went down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Butler is a well rounded corner who can do just about anything on the field. Tackle, cover, play zone, return kicks, force some fumbles, return kicks, play wideout, jump, the list goes on and on.  Pats should work on buffing up his hips and help him cover bigger and faster receivers, as he is said to struggle when receivers are super fast, and among the biggest.  Still, he was a great pick, and arguably the best CB in the draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

He should be an immediate upgrade over Hobbs.  I only wish BB would have seen what a liability Hobbs was 3 years ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I'll reiterate what I said earlier: Butler (along with Chung and Brace) will be better his second year; he and the signing of Bodden made Hobbs expendable. Start him out with nickle and dime stuff then work him into the CB rotation as he gets more comfortable with the playbook. Many had Butler late in the 1st. great value as high 2nd. Glad we have two seconds in 2010 Draft......time for Jacksonville to start sucking...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]I think there will be a great battle this training camp between Butler, Wheatley, and Wilhite. I thought Wilhite really played pretty well last year after Wheatley went down.
    Posted by ricky1554atl[/QUOTE]

All of these guys are mediocre NFL players. Why we did not use our draft choice ammunition to move up and get Michael Jenkins was a huge mistake.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]I'll reiterate what I said earlier: Butler (along with Chung and Brace) will be better his second year; he and the signing of Bodden made Hobbs expendable. Start him out with nickle and dime stuff then work him into the CB rotation as he gets more comfortable with the playbook. Many had Butler late in the 1st. great value as high 2nd. Glad we have two seconds in 2010 Draft......time for Jacksonville to start sucking...
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

I hear he is soft on run support. We will see. Knowing what we know now, Jenkins was clearly the best CB prospect in this draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Butler and Wilhite. 2 solid draft picks from excellent college defenses. UCONN was 16th in nation in run D, Butler must not be that bad against the run. I'm sure he had a hand in that ranking. Add Brace to the mix.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

[QUOTE]All of these guys are mediocre NFL players. Why we did not use our draft choice ammunition to move up and get Michael Jenkins was a huge mistake.
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard[/QUOTE]

If you're going to make a dumb statement like saying Butler is mediocre you should at least get the name of the guy you wanted right.  MALCOLM Jenkins is most likely going to end up being a safety in the NFL.  We got one of those.  Butler is a cornerback.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Jenkins runs a 4.6 forty.  That might be good enough playing against slow Big Ten WRs, but it means he's switching to FS in the NFL.  Want evidence of what would happen if Jenkins played corner for the Pats?  Watch the BCS Title game against Florida.  I'd rather take a chance on Butler, who runs a 4.4 and can actually cover.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]I hear he is soft on run support. We will see. Knowing what we know now, Jenkins was clearly the best CB prospect in this draft.
    "Knowing what we know now, Jenkins was clearly the best CB prospect in this draft."

?!?!?!? What do "we" know now that we didn't already know a few weeks ago prior to the draft? Please list "what we now know". There's been no practices, no preseason games, no season games. So, from what I gather Butler was and still is (until something actually umm you know, HAPPENS) the highest rated CB as Jenkins is at the NFL level most likely a safety. Blowhard!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Careful Red - there are some on this board that like to make fun of the farming industry. 

I think it is an east coast elitist mentality.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]I hear he is soft on run support. We will see. Knowing what we know now, Jenkins was clearly the best CB prospect in this draft.

Bob, I think the Jets should have waited a year to draft their QB.  Sanchez will prove to be a major bust.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Bob,

The only thing we know now that we didn't know last week is that you're an idiot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Jenkins runs a 4.6 forty.  That might be good enough playing against slow Big Ten WRs, but it means he's switching to FS in the NFL.  Want evidence of what would happen if Jenkins played corner for the Pats?  Watch the BCS Title game against Florida.  I'd rather take a chance on Butler, who runs a 4.4 and can actually cover.
    Posted by ShiningWizard[/QUOTE]

I get it. Butler plays for Connecticut. Brace from BC. Therefore, they must be great. Scouting report on Jenkins: Best CB in the draft, and many teams like his ability to switch to free safety and be an Ed Reed-type superstar. You seriously believe that Butler is a better player? He will press the run like Deion Sanders used to, without Sanders' cover skills. Picked at exactly where everyone projected...mid second round. Not a "steal."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bob-

"Picked at exactly where everyone projected...mid second round."

Everyone being who?  Cite your sources!  Not just the word "everyone".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont know what mock drafts you looked at princess but alot of people had Butler listed as a round pick. More then a few mock drafts had the picks taking him at 23 so the fact that we took him at 41 instead of 23 is in fact a steal! And if you knew how to read you would have read up on him and found out he is one of teh best cover men in the draft. His only real weakness was his run gume support which can be fixed in training camp. Everytime this kid bob talks he just sounds dumber and dumber.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Deion Sanders ripped Jenkins when watching him in the drills and those things during the combine, idk about yall but deion Sanders is an authority i trust when it comes to being a CB. Butler on the other hand he like quite a lot if i remember correctly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[QUOTE]Bob, The only thing we know now that we didn't know last week is that you're an idiot.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Anyone that thinks Belichick would trade up in the 1st (no less) to grab a CB is an idiot. I like Champ Bailey and Asmougha as much as the next guy, but what have they won lately. And Jenkins won't be as good as either of those guys in their prime.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.