Dashon Goldson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Dashon Goldson

Two sources tell the Sacramento Bee that the 49ers will not be using the franchise tag.
    "You can't pay everybody, and you certainly can't pay everybody if you're overpaying others," GM Trent Baalke said at the Combine. The Bee calls it a very good guess that he was referring to free agent FS Dashon Goldson, a two-time Pro Bowler and first-team All-Pro selection last season. As the game's premier cover safety, he could very well command upwards of $8 million annually on the open market. Feb 27 - 11:09 AM

Would you pay $7 mill to $8 mill for him?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Dashon Goldson

Make Super Bowl demand more money. Pretty standard in the NFL. IMHO SF will still have a good defense without Goldson and can trade Smith for valuable draft picks(eg: good rookie players for less money).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Two sources tell the Sacramento Bee that the 49ers will not be using the franchise tag. "You can't pay everybody, and you certainly can't pay everybody if you're overpaying others," GM Trent Baalke said at the Combine. The Bee calls it a very good guess that he was referring to free agent FS Dashon Goldson, a two-time Pro Bowler and first-team All-Pro selection last season. As the game's premier cover safety, he could very well command upwards of $8 million annually on the open market. Feb 27 - 11:09 AM Source: Sacramento Bee   Would you pay $7 mill to $8 mill for him?

No, I havent seen enough to warrant that money yet. Sure he is a good player but best cover safety in the game??? I would have to research that. I like him but you have to be careful when taking players from GREAT defenses and expecting them to make your porous defense better...see Adalius Thomas.  Remember D.Whitner in Buffalo?? Nothing special but has been great in San Fran....Buyer Beware!  I want BB to get a good guy but I dont think we need to break the bank, just get someone better than Gregory, how hard is that???

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Two sources tell the Sacramento Bee that the 49ers will not be using the franchise tag. "You can't pay everybody, and you certainly can't pay everybody if you're overpaying others," GM Trent Baalke said at the Combine. The Bee calls it a very good guess that he was referring to free agent FS Dashon Goldson, a two-time Pro Bowler and first-team All-Pro selection last season. As the game's premier cover safety, he could very well command upwards of $8 million annually on the open market. Feb 27 - 11:09 AM Source: Sacramento Bee   Would you pay $7 mill to $8 mill for him?

No, I havent seen enough to warrant that money yet. Sure he is a good player but best cover safety in the game??? I would have to research that. I like him but you have to be careful when taking players from GREAT defenses and expecting them to make your porous defense better...see Adalius Thomas.  Remember D.Whitner in Buffalo?? Nothing special but has been great in San Fran....Buyer Beware!  I want BB to get a good guy but I think we need to break the bank, just get someone better than Gregory, how hard is that???

Adalius Thomas was All Pro I believe in 2007 and then was moved to MLB in 2008, playing well, but out of position.

Our D is not porous either.  Get over it. You're wrong.  The D is ascending and in a hurry.

Here is the base of our D on paper entering 2013:  Nink, Wilfork, Chandler Jones, Dennard, possibly Talib or someone of that caliber, McCourty, Spikes, Hightower, Mayo. I mean, this is a problem? There are like 4 or 5 Pro Bowl caliber guys right there. 

These are the names a FA or FAs would be joining.   It's ludicrous to pretend these names make up a "porous" D.

Dane Flecther returns as a sub LB and NE features one of the best LB groups in the AFC and might feature one of the best pair of starting CBs in Talib and Dennard.

The key spot is obviously who comes in with McCourty at S and who they can get to emerge next to Vince in the middle.

You can't lead the Conf in turnovers, rank in the middle in points allowed, be a very stout Run D and be "porous".

Please go away. The board is so much better without fans like you here.

actually A.D. was NOT all-pro in 2007 but Vrabel was. AD had one good year but really never made any impact plays after his pic 6 in S.D and was active in the SB but other than, Not much I can remember and def. not worth the money. After the late-gate happened, he was out the league. Surely SOMEONE would have grabbed a past all pro right?? lol, you are telling me to leave so I can stop pointing our your lies!??? Sorry, try researching before making stuff up!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

No, I havent seen enough to warrant that money yet. Sure he is a good player but best cover safety in the game??? I would have to research that. I like him but you have to be careful when taking players from GREAT defenses and expecting them to make your porous defense better...see Adalius Thomas.  Remember D.Whitner in Buffalo?? Nothing special but has been great in San Fran....Buyer Beware!  I want BB to get a good guy but I think we need to break the bank, just get someone better than Gregory, how hard is that???

Adalius Thomas was All Pro I believe in 2007 and then was moved to MLB in 2008, playing well, but out of position.

Our D is not porous either.  Get over it. You're wrong.  The D is ascending and in a hurry.

Here is the base of our D on paper entering 2013:  Nink, Wilfork, Chandler Jones, Dennard, possibly Talib or someone of that caliber, McCourty, Spikes, Hightower, Mayo. I mean, this is a problem? There are like 4 or 5 Pro Bowl caliber guys right there. 

These are the names a FA or FAs would be joining.   It's ludicrous to pretend these names make up a "porous" D.

Dane Flecther returns as a sub LB and NE features one of the best LB groups in the AFC and might feature one of the best pair of starting CBs in Talib and Dennard.

The key spot is obviously who comes in with McCourty at S and who they can get to emerge next to Vince in the middle.

You can't lead the Conf in turnovers, rank in the middle in points allowed, be a very stout Run D and be "porous".

In a hurry!???   LMAO!  You cant believe the cr*p that you type, there is no way. U just like stirring the pot! Oh my, in a hurry!  Thats another classic line from you and why are you so upset about it??  You didnt bring the players in. Hows the sayin go, "let go and let BB"  Just coined a new phrase...lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

There is rumor that the Pats are going to go after Ed Reed for $5 Mill, while Ed Reed is a legend of the game he is another older player.  Goldsen is several years younger and is pretty solid, I'm in 49'er land so I have seen him play and hear nothing but good things from all the 49'er die hards.  Would you pay a couple million more for a very solid/younger player who could be a Patriot for a few years compared to Reed who has already flirted with the idea of retirement?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

There is rumor that the Pats are going to go after Ed Reed for $5 Mill, while Ed Reed is a legend of the game he is another older player.  Goldsen is several years younger and is pretty solid, I'm in 49'er land so I have seen him play and hear nothing but good things from all the 49'er die hards.  Would you pay a couple million more for a very solid/younger player who could be a Patriot for a few years compared to Reed who has already flirted with the idea of retirement?

I thought bringing in Ed Reed would be a no brainer but I wouldnt pay him 5 million either, what it is raining money now??/ Brady is taking pay cuts so we can overpay old, washed up guys JUST because our safeties S*cked last year?? If it takes 5 mill for Reed then forget him too,. I seem to recall a real All Pro Safety playing here for 2.5 million and making much  more plays than Ed Reed has in the past few years. If we gotta pay for a name than Im all set

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In a hurry!???   LMAO!  You cant believe the cr*p that you type, there is no way. U just like stirring the pot! Oh my, in a hurry!  Thats another classic line from you and why are you so upset about it??  You didnt bring the players in. Hows the sayin go, "let go and let BB"  Just coined a new phrase...lol

Dude, be prepared for this D to be an elite D in the AFC in the upcoming seasons. Yeah, if Jones is healthy and Talib plays, NE probably beats Baltimore.

How is being positoned to play in back to back SBs meaning this D is bad? It's pathetic to even contend that's the case at this point. 

Take away two very good players that have to do with your pass rush directly and it would hurt any team in some fashion over 4 qtrs.

There are like 5 people on here and a few trolls who think the names I just listed as the backbone of our D aren't good young players. Congratulations.  You think BB needs to start 8 or 9 All Pro players on defense every year. lol

You're in the minority here now. We're well past the lockout in 2011 with a discombobulated inexperienced base of a defense.

There will be a whole host of FAs banging down the door to come join the party here, and you'll still be mocking BB and praising the Jets.

2 players you mentioned as being part of the secondary may not even be here this year. thats one flaw in your argument. BB tell you he was signing Talib?  You talk to Dennards Lawyer about him getting probation instead of jail time. Now you are telling me to be prepared for this D to ascend in upcoming seasons!??!?! LMAO! Just how long is this rebuilding process??? You said it was on the fly and now it sounds like you are looking at 2016...lol   Let me guess in 2020, we will have to hear you saying "you were warned!!!, I told you all in 14 years after BB retired, his D would ascend"   LOL!  Wow.....Keep expanding this rebuilding project...we got our whole lives right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In short, absolutely not. He clearly doesn't have a desire to win a ring if he's asking for 8 mil per. Doubtful he gets that.

Whoever mentioned Jarius Byrd, see what he wants along with Ed Reed.n

I've been mentioning Byrd all season, he is worth 8m in my opinion

Goldson is worth like 6-7m (it was an absolute shame we didn't give him the 4/24 he wanted summer of 2011)

Over 4-6 years for each

Reed is woth 5 million over 2 seasons, or 1 season at 6

We need one of these 3 guys to upgrade Chung BADLY, and we have to keep Talib

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Dude, be prepared for this D to be an elite D in the AFC in the upcoming seasons. Yeah, if Jones is healthy and Talib plays, NE probably beats Baltimore.

How is being positoned to play in back to back SBs meaning this D is bad? It's pathetic to even contend that's the case at this point. 

Take away two very good players that have to do with your pass rush directly and it would hurt any team in some fashion over 4 qtrs.

There are like 5 people on here and a few trolls who think the names I just listed as the backbone of our D aren't good young players. Congratulations.  You think BB needs to start 8 or 9 All Pro players on defense every year. lol

You're in the minority here now. We're well past the lockout in 2011 with a discombobulated inexperienced base of a defense.

There will be a whole host of FAs banging down the door to come join the party here, and you'll still be mocking BB and praising the Jets.

2 players you mentioned as being part of the secondary may not even be here this year. thats one flaw in your argument. BB tell you he was signing Talib?  You talk to Dennards Lawyer about him getting probation instead of jail time. Now you are telling me to be prepared for this D to ascend in upcoming seasons!??!?! LMAO! Just how long is this rebuilding process??? You said it was on the fly and now it sounds like you are looking at 2016...lol   Let me guess in 2020, we will have to hear you saying "you were warned!!!, I told you all in 14 years after BB retired, his D would ascend"   LOL!  Wow.....Keep expanding this rebuilding project...we got our whole lives right?

^^See folks, this is the irrational behavior and troll work that this board doesn't need right here. Mt Hurl and Shizzly/Triple OG are essentially the same fan.  Babe and Pezzy the same fan.

Babe left, which is fantastic. Now if only the others would do the same.

Dennard will be this team's starting RCB and was a steal in Rd 7.  I have no idea what games you watch, but he was impressive as a rookie.

As for Talib, they can either tag him for a year or they can sign for a longer term deal. I don't think there will be a huge market for him, which could help bring him in on a shorter term deal and for cheaper than he would like.

How long did it take for SF's D to allow 27 points in the SB?  They have been building theirs for 10 years, sitting in the top 10 picking their noses and they still don't have one. Hey, did you see Whitner toasted over the top for first TD of the game! He stinks!  Whitner stinks because offenses are favored in this league and good players scored a TD! lol

What a tool.

It took GB 5 years to get a SB caliber D and they lost it just as quickly.

I am not going to turn this into another anti-Brady and the offense thread, but we ain't winning SBs with our D not getting any help at all from our offense like those Ds got.

Either bash the starters on the 2013 like you usually do every offseason mocking BB, tell us why they are so "porous", or go away.

Wow....read much????  I never even commented on Dennards skill, I asked if you spoke with his lawyer and even assuming he is here, we have seen our share of 2nd year disspointments with Dbs...most recently Dmac and Ras I so Im not holding my breathe. As for Taliib, you just pointed out a possible plan but to assume its a done deal, arent YOU the one acting like BB more than I am...lol

I dont want talib if he has re-occuring hamstring and hip inujuries like ive heard so sorry, your boy BB will be on the hook for yet another CB in the draft so lets see how that goes...

You are the last guy to talk about not being able to comprehend as you always come back with something totally off base when you are wrong and I still havent heard your comeback about AD being all pro. Why did you make that up to prove a point???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

since babe is gone, i guess ill try to play the role of him in this thread, here it goes:

if he is going to help this mickey mouse defense win brady another ring, then im all for it. learn the game.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Adalius Thomas was good here in 2007 and 2008.  After that though he fell off real quickly.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

since babe is gone, i guess ill try to play the role of him in this thread, here it goes:

if he is going to help this mickey mouse defense win brady another ring, then im all for it. learn the game.

With Babe gone it's great here.  I guess we just have 4 left now:

Pezzy

Shizzles/Triple OG

Hurlie

RKrap

Seriously, rid the board of these Babe-a-likes and we're free.

maybe their roles on this board will diminish a bit now that their leader is gone

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Pezzy

Shizzles/Triple OG

Hurlie

RKrap

maybe their roles on this board will diminish a bit now that their leader is gone

Or maybe we will still keep smacking you and rusty around for not knowing the game...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Pezzy

Shizzles/Triple OG

Hurlie

RKrap

Or maybe we will still keep smacking you and rusty around for not knowing the game...

you cant keep doing that if you were never doing it in the first place....we already embarassed babe enough to make him quit.

just think about it, you guys outnumber us on this board, but yet you STILL lose, how pathetic is that?