David Carr's comments about the Patriots defensive line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

David Carr's comments about the Patriots defensive line

And he knows. He's been running for his life for a long time in the NFL.

"Legit. No doubt," Carr said. "My guys were geared up and they were ready to go, but those guys? Another level. And I played against Albert when I was in Houston and he was in Tennessee. He can get after it. And then you add the other two guys (Ellis and Carter) in the mix? Ellis had a play where he came up the field pretty hard on me, flushed me out of the pocket, were going in for a score, I had to throw it away. It’s pretty intense. They’re going to be good, especially with their offense, which can score points. They’ll be a good football team."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: David Carr's comments about the Patriots defensive line

I think he is right if we stay healthy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

when those 4 were on the field it looked like they could be dangerous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Good stuff to hear from an opponent. Vlaidation for BB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Saw glimpses of a pretty good D-line last night.  Ellis looked good, Haynesworth a bit rusty.   They looked bad at times too (that long Giants drive when they couldn't stop the run).  I expect that they will turn it on and be ready week 1.  If they stay healthy, this could be a pretty interesting defense.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I was surprised that they couldn't stop the run and the Giants had some big gains a bunch of times they bounced outside. I don't recall Albert and Vince in the game at the same time. That's what I want to see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's nice to read this (of course if he said we were not legit, we'd all call him an idiot). I'm not too concerned with the way the run defense looked, because I've seen that stuff before in  pre season and usually it is just run fits and conditioning...which takes time. Also the run defense would of been better if our starting linebackers were out there (Spikes and or Fletcher).

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

This means a lot coming from a superstar like Carr. Wow, this Patriots defense MUST be great if he said that.

I don't know what game you folks watched but that was horrible. This team is needs to improve much in the next week and a half. I don't see it happening.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: David Carr's comments about the Patriots defensive line:
    [QUOTE]This means a lot coming from a superstar like Carr. Wow, this Patriots defense MUST be great if he said that. I don't know what game you folks watched but that was horrible. This team is needs to improve much in the next week and a half. I don't see it happening.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Coach.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it's him. I don't mind people 'not drinking the Koolaid' but at least provide reasons and insight as to WHY you don't see the Patriots doing well. Why panic over a preseason game and talk about the Patriots not being ready? Seriously.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This alludes to what I said after the Lions game. When we put Ellis, Haynesworth, Carter, and Wilfork on at the same time this defense has enormous potential. Couple that with a healthy LB corps and this defense could be very good.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

It was good to see Wright out there as well.  Haven't seen him since the concussion.  Makes it a more crowded group thou with him back healthy as I think he makes the team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: David Carr's comments about the Patriots defensive line : That's why it's suspicious. If anything, those comments would have been somewhat logical AFTER the Detroit game, but only since McCheaters was banned yesterday, did this "Cosmo14" (maybe a Seinfeld and Richard Todd fan?..hmm), shows up acting completley irrational. Way too coincidental for me. Most NFL teams don't even play starters, if any, in the Week 4 preseason game. I like how BB does it, especially this year, because you take a week off completely after a slow build with veterans in a lockout sitiuation and you basically reset everything you just had going. BB has seemingly handled this pretty well. The vets who needed to get their feet wet, got them wet, with everyone else getting a strong tune up, ready to go for gameplanning and Week 1.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Yep, the most telling quote from Haynesworth last night was when he was asked why he hadn't practiced as much in training camp. He said he was still in the playbook and told them to ask Belichick just how far he's come along. It just screamed, 'I'm ready. Just need to get my body back.'

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Yeah, it's pretty much official now: Belichick is completely different behind the scenes than what the media/fans of other teams perceive.

Heath Evans said Belichick's the funniest guy he's ever met.

Haynesworth is basically implying that for once, someone listened to him about his body and his knee treatment, and gave him the time he needed to get that in order. Kraft, too. Haynesworth spoke about how he met with Kraft the first day and sat in his office talking football; his past was never brought up and he was never judged. And look at the PUBLIC quotes by Kraft. He's said at least three times now that Chad Johnson and Haynesworth aren't what the media perceives and he's glad to have him there. You're telling me that the head guy of the most secreitive, disciplined team in football (perhaps sports) would unknowingly say those things about two players? No. It was calculated. It was our leader telling those two players, our other players, fans, and the media, that we're not judging here and we expect you to be good people. He's saying we know you're good people so just continue being good. I know the trolls and bandwagon 2007-Patriots fans will say 'yeah but Haynesworth is trash as a person'. He's made bad decisions but sometimes, you have to use reverse psychology to get a guy thinking he's not scum and get his life turned around. Positive reinforcement instead of Shanahan's, 'I'm the boss around here. Go run 6 miles in front of your teammates so I can undress you in front of the media.'

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

The Pats did alot of mixing and matching during the game with personal.  It was alittle disturbing to see the Giants run the ball right up the middle with pretty good success, especially in the second quarter when alot of Pat starters were still in.  The Giants did finish with 189 yards on 37 carries for a 5.1 yard average.

I really don't like it when they have Guyten in the middle. I think he is much better on the outside as blitzer or pass cover guy.  Will be very glad to see Spikes and Fletcher back in the middle.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: David Carr's comments about the Patriots defensive line : Yup.  Even though the 2nd unit looked weak against the run in the 3-4, with Pryor, Love and Moore out there in that 2nd and 3rd series, only Love stood out. Maybe a guy like Love can learn from the Haynesworths, the Ellis types, etc, alongside a Wilfork. Moore is much older and more of a 4-3 DE type, but you have to like how good this D Line looks, even considering all the starters weren't even in there at once last night. It's clear who works well where after 4 preaseason games. I think we'll see these kinds of formations: 4-3 Ellis, Wilfork, Haynesworth, Carter (Moore sub 3rd down pass rusher at either DE spot) Ninkovich, Fletcher or Spikes, Mayo  Sub 4-3 package: Pryor, Mike Wright, G. Warren, Cunningham 3-4 Ellis, Wilfork, G. Warren Nink, Spikes, Mayo, Cunningham Something like that.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Poor Chad Henne and Mark Sanchez. I know for a FACT Ryan Fitzpatrick will not be throwing 44-yard lasers on 3rd and 41 this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I think he is right if we stay healthy.
    Posted by csylvia79[/QUOTE]

I think the excessive number of defensive linemen is in case there are injuries like last year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: David Carr's comments about the Patriots defensive line : Poor Chad Henne and Mark Sanchez. I know for a FACT Ryan Fitzpatrick will not be throwing 44-yard lasers on 3rd and 41 this year.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

huh? did he do that against us last year? 

or are you just making a point?