David Patten Retires

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

David Patten Retires

Well that certainly opens things up a little at the WR. So who do you guys figure to be on the roster now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Re: David Patten Retires

moss, edlemen, tate, price, aiken, holt, welker

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I actually have the Pats going with 5 WRs. 

Moss, Welker, Tate, Edelman, Price.

I think if Holt can't beat out Tate or Price, Holt will get the axe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: David Patten Retires:
    I actually have the Pats going with 5 WRs.  Moss, Welker, Tate, Edelman, Price. I think if Holt can't beat out Tate or Price, Holt will get the axe.
    Posted by 49Patriots

So rely on 2 guys who have never caught a pass in the NFL, a 2nd year slot receiver, and a knee 8 months off an ACL tear?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Expected move in regard to Patten. Glad he retired a Pat.

Anybody remember when he became the 2nd player to throw/catch and run in a td in the same game. Even better he did it the same game Sweetness did it back in the day. Awesome. Versatile players like this help cement the Patriot legacy.

Thanks David Patten!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yes, I remember that.  Also, my image of him will always be the leaping, backward catch in the end zone at Pittsburg.  He was just always doing something like that in those playoffs.  Not much afterward, but DANG he picked the right 3 games to find his mojo.  Amen, and goodbye, David Patten.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Where are those posters that though Patten could contribute?  I still don't see the purpose of this offeseaon move.  So far the Pats have one offseason pickup that has retired at the start of training camp, and very possibly two with Burgess MIA.  Besides Holt, this offseason has done nothing to improve the Pats chances of getting another ring.  I sure hope these rookies pan out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Where are those posters that though Patten could contribute?  I still don't see the purpose of this offeseaon move.  So far the Pats have one offseason pickup that has retired at the start of training camp, and very possibly two with Burgess MIA.  Besides Holt, this offseason has done nothing to improve the Pats chances of getting another ring.  I sure hope these rookies pan out.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

From what I heard on Sirius radio training camp coverage Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan say Patten looks like he is in great game shape. Tom Brady went on to say he tried to talk Patten out of retiring and they all seemed to hint he may be very well be back in a JR Seau type fashion around the start of the season opr later. He will be ready if called upon. Now we get a better look at the young guys with an open spot in camp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

what a shocker!

I'll already said this same thing a few years ago - but I'll say it again - Thanks for a great few years you played with the Pats! I'll never forget his couple great diving catches in Pittsburgh (afc champ) and SB 36 - both in the back of the endzone.  Thanks David!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Where are those posters that though Patten could contribute?  I still don't see the purpose of this offeseaon move.  So far the Pats have one offseason pickup that has retired at the start of training camp, and very possibly two with Burgess MIA.  Besides Holt, this offseason has done nothing to improve the Pats chances of getting another ring.  I sure hope these rookies pan out.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

I remeber those posts over the winter when we signed this guy and you can probably add Holt to that catagory as well(reports are he can't run anymore). And with the outside linebacker spots looking very thin I fear that we will be the same type of team as last year. We had too many picks and oppurtunities to improve, to be only as good as last year.

Loved Patten though. I remeber his first camp here about ten years ago. He looked so quick and was hustling all over the field, you could tell he was going to help. And he did much more than that!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I didn't even know he still played

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

im glad patten retired a patriot.as for holt getting cut?its not happening.he will be on the other side of moss,and welker in the slot,as long as all is well with him.