David Patten

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfanmaine72. Show patsfanmaine72's posts

David Patten

He was just signed by Pats??? Why??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: David Patten

Knows the offense, probably signed for the veteran minimum and is a low risk signing.

Certainly doesn't signal the end of potential WR acquisitions via FA or the draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

ANother 36 yr old dude! Didnt we learn with Galloway debacle last year?He didnt even play last year. I thought the idea was to go young not old, thats why we were saying no to the likes of LT, Westbrook.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

he will be a camp body and will never make the final roster.........or will get hurt before..........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

my bad man, I hadnt seen your post. I agree with Eason. I think he was signed just for training camp as a favor to him, kind of like with Patrick Pass last year. But he will not make the final roster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

if he does make the roster it is a 5th WR on the depth chart type of thing... guy can catch the football... cant hurt the depth on the roster. He hasnt been really effective since he left but he has hung around on teams a little here and there. If anything Belichick is making a statement and bringing in a guy who was a fighter for us

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to David Patten:
    Posted by patsfanmaine72

Why not?  No harm. 

Not that this is a reason to sign him, but there's no Patriot dynasty without David Patten.  Or Jermaine Wiggins for that matter, although I'm not advocating his signing.  Nor that of J.R. Redmond...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Posted by patsfanmaine72

All I can say is "C'Mon Man"!..another typical NE move. Probably won't make the roster anyway but why waste the time

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

I love Belichick! I swear he likes to "f" with our minds!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

it doesnt hurt to bring him to camp and see what he's got.Galloway did not tank in NE because he was archaic and ancient, he is just not that good anymore. he couldnt get on the same page with Brady to save his life.its not like Galloway went elsewhere and lit it up.Lets see what Patten has to offer.hopefully there is some residue chemistry with Brady 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Camp fodder, maybe he can pass on some wisdom to the younger WR's.....oh wait he is the youngest WR.Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

as long as he is the 5th WR on the team is fine by me.  Now let's hope they bring in a #2 (opposite Moss) when March 5th hits......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

What, Stanley Morgan wasn't available?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

People should stop panicking about whether Patten is going to be our 3rd or 4th option. He's not. IF he makes our final roster, he'll come in sparingly which I sure as hell don't mind. He knows what it's like to be on a winning team (not just a one-hit wonder but a dynasty) and he's also been a part of several GREAT locker rooms (Saints and Patriots). If he runs out as a fourth option on certain plays, I can count on him to a) have rapport with Brady and b) make that extra effort knowing that that's what winning requires.

THE BEST part is that he'll be around to teach and mentor the newcomers via free agency and draft. It's like having another coach around who knows the Patriot Way but who's not so old that he can't connect with the players.

Great move.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't see him as an impact player.  Maybe they just felt they needed some work ethic and experience in the WR core for training camp.  With Welker injured, Moss a bit of a loose cannon, and a bunch of young guys around maybe he can help develop some guys.  Just haveing won 3 SB's with Brady should get the respect of the younger players. 

I'm thinking they told him to be a player coach, compete for a slot, and if he doesn't make it he can retire a Patriot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenianBlood. Show FenianBlood's posts

He signed to retire as a Patriot and join the Coaching staff to help with the kick and punt returns.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by patsfanmaine72

Well, the Pats brass are watching all the crying about not having a 3rd WR on Boston.com....they felt that they needed to do something to keep the masses quiet....

Good job PATS!

Now that the #3 WR is fixed, what is next?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Pat's are out nothing and might at least have a guy that helps while Welker is down Still want Boldin BAD!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I sure loved him in his last tour of duty with the Pats. I wouldn't compare his signing to Galloway. He would at least know how to run routes for Brady!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The signing means nothing. It's a long way until September

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

Well, here is the list:
    Moss
    Aiken
    Edelman
    Stanback
    Tate
    Welker (PUP)

Who is showing the new kids the ropes on how to be a pro...Moss??
    Lets face it Moss is a prima dona... do you want him as your only example?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

So he did some great things for us during the last Ice Age. Couldn't we possibly find anyone older? What's George Blanda doing? I fear the situation around here is getting worse and worse. Pretty soon, we'll be leading the league in bed pans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Sadly, I'm just happy to see some legitimate Patriots news.  Is it March 5th the new season (and uncapped rules) officially start?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

He couldn't have cost much money. I don't see where it hurts and we know he can run the correct pass routes.Not a big deal one way or the other.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

SLATER>PATTEN