1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan95. Show BostonFan95's posts

David Thomas - New Orleans Saints

2006 - 3rd round (22nd pick) by the New England Patriots

College:
    Texas

2009 with the Saints
    12 Rec
    Yds

Trade for a seventh-round draft choice in the 2011 NFL Draft.
    2x First-team Academic All-Big 12 (2004-2005)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: David Thomas - New Orleans Saints

I liked Thomas but I think he got caught up in the numbers game at tight end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

He never was healthy enough to stay on the field for very long. Was there ever a season he didn't miss significant playing time because of injuries?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

It's kind of a moot point.  The fact they bothered trading him for a 7th rounder pretty much tells you he wouldn't have made the final roster.  Having said that, I actually liked him as a receiver.  He came up huge with Vince Young in his last college game when Texas beat USC.  I was also at the Xmas Eve game in Jacksonville a few yrs back when he probably had his best day as a Pat, including a great diving TD grab.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Sometimes players just dont fit into some teams systems.  He was primarily a blocking TE when he was in NE.  Now he got DB throwing to him in NO.  Im happy for him...good luck chuck....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

the wendy's guy? good for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I thought the guy had great hands but with injuries he was hardly on the field. Where I gave up on him was the stupid late hit that cost us the Indy game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

My only thoughts are that if all you want is a 7th rounder, I would try everything not to trade to anyone on my schedule that year.  Probably makes no difference though...