DE-Jarron Gilbert

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

DE-Jarron Gilbert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwJrEOtk41M&feature=related

the pats are working out this guy.he is a beast.also watch him jump out of the pool.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: DE-Jarron Gilbert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwJrEOtk41M&feature=related the pats are working out this guy.he is a beast.also watch him jump out of the pool.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Wow!  That guy is impressive!  Where is he projected to be taken?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Analysis

Positives: Rare athleticism for a player of his size. ... Versatile defender with experience at defensive tackle and defensive end. ... Good size potential. ... Naturally large man with room for plenty of additional muscle mass. ... Good initial quickness off the snap. ... Flashes the functional upper-body strength to disengage from blockers. ... Surprising balance for his height. ... Can break down in space and make the secure tackle. ... At least adequate closing speed for a player his size. ... Flashes some explosiveness as a hitter. ... Long arms and capable of batting down passes and potentially kicks. ... Often battled two or three blockers as a senior. ... Helped himself with a strong week of practice at the East-West Shrine Game. ... Ascending talent -- might be just scratching the surface of his potential.

Negatives: Bit of a "tweener." ... Struggles with leverage inside and might lack the burst off the snap and flexibility to flank the tackle and close effectively as a defensive end. ... Too often allows blockers to get into his chest. ... Inconsistent getting his hands up in the passing lanes. ... Questionable level of competition. ... A better raw athlete than football player. ... Some maturity concerns. ... Might be considered a one-year wonder after a breakout senior season.

Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Wow!  That guy is impressive!  Where is he projected to be taken?
    Posted by Rocky

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72823&draftyear=2009&genpos=DE

somewhere between 2nd,and 3rd,and as high as a late first round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Thanks Moss...Patriots have enough picks in the 2nd

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I really like Gilbert. If he falls to #47, I would take him over Barwin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

I don't think that Jarron Gilbert could start this year as a 34 end. He's too light (284 at his pro day), and he hasn't shown he can consistently handle double-teams. He does have added value as a 43 sub, however. I think he's bigger, faster, stronger, and more nimble than Jarvis Green, and he knows how to get into the backfield (22 TFL, 9.5 sacks this year).

I really wish we knew whether or not Green had met his performance escalators. If he hasn't, then why not try to trade him and just absorb the $2 million cap hit? Gilbert can take his place while he learns the scheme, bulks up a bit, and refines his technique. Next year, if we can't resign Seymour (which I feel would be a huge blow to the team--the guy's HOF bound), then Gilbert could probably take his spot, assuming he was up to around 300 without a loss in agility. But then, that's a lot of weight to put on in a year.

Bottom line: if he's available at 47, you jump on him. Otherwise, we have more pressing needs (OL, passrush, etc). Still, he's on my list, and I'd like to see him here next year.