DE USC Everson Griffen???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

DE USC Everson Griffen???

I like what we have done but this kid is a boom or bust who with the right coaching might be a perfect Elephant position player for the Patriots.  I just wonder if it is worth using a pick in the 4th on a guy who ranks as the 50th or so best player in every scouting report I have read.  If you are going to take a chance why not on a guy who ran a 4.5 40 and has possibly the fastest first step of all the DE/OLB's and is 6'3" 278 long arms and can play 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB elephant style. Now we also would likely have to trade up to do it a 4th and a 6th to get it done? is it worth it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: DE USC Everson Griffen???

The kid must have a major character flaw.  Because it doesn't make sense that no one has taken him.

Cowboys will take him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The negative I have read a couple of places is there is a question of motor and that he doesnn't give 100 percent every play. But like I said at some point he is worth the risk? just not sure if 4th is low enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Well, we contacted him before taking Price:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/23/patriots-called-everson-griffen/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

So do the Pats trade up for the first pick in the 4th round to grab him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

Maybe he's being typed as another Vernon Gholston.  BB always preaches "the best player available motto". Griffen is clearly the best athlete left, but is he the best player? I dont think its anything a little humble pie cant fix, I say go for him! Go Pats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

They take him with pick 14 tomorrow, i agree, or OL. I'm OK with that too. Maybe more so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

To me he is a guy I thought should go early 3rd round so if I was drafting I would give uo the tradeable 6th and both tradeable 7th rounders with the 4th to get him if Belichick also likes him enough to have wanted to take him at 89. Technically the 4th and our tradeable 6th is enough on the draft chart to get it done but I would throw in the two 7ths if I had to. That would still leave us a 5th, and the compensatory pick in the 6th and 3 compensatories in the 7th.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he reminds me of the DE out of Georgia Tech last season who had all the size and speed to be a mid first round pick but slid to the Bengals in the 3rd round because he didnt always live up to his potential (i forget his name right now). anyway he ended up looking pretty decent last season. i would love to land him in the 4th because the expectations wont be sky high and he can be worked in slowly, starting as a pass rusher and maybe develop into a a good OLB down the road. i hope we get him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

this wreaks of Kareem Brown all over again......he disappears on film all the time, even against opponents who he should dominate 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

If this is true that they were prepared to draft Griffen at 89, it's no guarentee they'll make a play for him at the start of the 4th round.  Maybe if he's still available within a few picks from their's.  Either way, there's still a very good player to be had in the 4th for the Pats.  Ricky Sapp, Al Woods, Cam Thomas, Thaddeus Gibson come to mind immediately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree there is some tallent there at the top of the 4th which tells me they have a shot at him.  I like any of the names you listed Shiningwizzard.

This has been a great draft the more I looked into the players they got and even taking a CB in round one makes sense when you see they could get Cunningham later who fits the Patriot OLB or even DE mold so well. He is a good fit.

Griffen is someone I watched off and on and he has the tools to be great but he needs direction and if this coaching staff and guys like Wilfork can't do it no one can.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

He's gone.....Minnesota pick 100! The rich get richer.....I'm predicting the Vikings in the Big one next year.......They have some great picks so far!