Deaderick Cut

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Deaderick Cut

No real loss even before I see who takes his spot.  They were weak on the line the few times VW took a rest and BD was a poor man's Kyle Love.   Not good enough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Last season they only carried 4 true defensive tackles (Vince, Deaderick, Lovie, Forston) and Forston never saw the field.  Vince, Kelly and Lovie still remain plus Armstead might get some work inside.  With the additional UDFAs this year and Forston I guess Deaderick became expendable.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

No real loss even before I see who takes his spot.  They were weak on the line the few times VW took a rest and BD was a poor man's Kyle Love.   Not good enough.

Actually, they were a very good run D unit.  Plus, he had some versatility. I guess my point is not so much he had been cut, but cut so soon.

Armstead must really be turning heads at Gillette.

Yeah, this tells me that they must like what they've seen from Armstead, and I have a hunch that they are pretty high on Fortson too. UDFA from USF, Grissom, is a guy to watch too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The highlight reel of Deaderick's tops plays as a Patriot would be over quicker than a rabbit doing.....well you get the picture.

Acomplished zero here and I have been on his case from day one. No big loss what so ever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Weird, all I can think of is that the guy was suspended his rookie season, hurt most of the next and now he's gone. Makes me wonder how much this guy was giving behind the scenes and what he was like from a character standpoint. I thought he was a better player than Love...better against the run and more powerfull...guess I was wrong. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Strange it is so early. What if someone gets hurt? 

He was starting ahead of Lovie at the end of the season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Love should be next. The 2 next to Vince were as useful to Vince as tats on a bull.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

No big loss what so ever.

A big loss only in that it is a 300 lb plus losss and some cap money . . . but in BB we trust.  I'm sure they're sure that  Love, Forston, Kelly, and Armstead are all better at the postion plus some maybe one of the UDFA has shown something in camp.  Someone certainly has to be able to step in and give Vince a breather as he is getting older with each passing season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

There has to be more to it than just on field production. Must have been some behavioral issues. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

There has to be more to it than just on field production. Must have been some behavioral issues. 

Or came in overweight, making it obvious he slacked off during the entire break

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Strange it is so early. What if someone gets hurt? 

He was starting of Lovie at the end of the season.

Yeah, Played 34% of the defensive snaps last season and got the starting nod over Love towards the end of the season.  I'm sure the reasons will come out the next few days. Glad the Pats let him go so early, improves his chances to get signed somewhere else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

UDFA's and late round picks have 2-3 season's to make an impact or they're gone and replaced by more UDFA's and late round picks.  Kelly instantly starts over both Love and Deaderick, Fortson is strong as a bull and they also signed DeWayne Cherrington who is a stump in the middle and also incredibly strong (36 reps, top four in the entire combine!) as well as South Florida's Cory Grissom.

This might also be a sign they're ready to bring in another defensive tackle free agent?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Maybe the Mallett to Cleveland for DL help talks are heating up again? There was several articles  that said a Mallett trade might not happen until well after the draft. Hoyer coming back?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The roster has been reshuffled. Deaderick out, and two Offensive Linemen in. The first guy in Tyronne Green LOG from the Chargers, and secondly was R.J. Mattes a 6'6" 316 lbs OT/OG from N.C. State. They also officially announced the release of both Deaderick and Holmes. In other news they brought in Brandon Johnson who is an ILB who last played in Pittsburgh in a limited role, he also has played with the Cincinnatti Bengals, no report of his signing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not sure this means anything but that he wasn't going to make the team. Last preseason I thought he was on the bubble and appearently something happened for that bubble to burst. BB lets players go this early for a ton of reasons, some of which have nothing to do with their play:

• Off field issues (Deadrick had off field red flag issues before)
    • Showing up to camp out of shape
    • BB knows the guy won't or is a long shot to make the team and just lets them go so they have a shot signing on with another team

Whatever the reason in the end it doesn't matter because the only DT guaranteed to make the team is Wilfork. Short of him they are all fighting for a spot. I wouldn't read to much into it for any player including Armstead because the reason he was let go could have nothing to do with his actual play. Truthfully from my perspective Deadrick wasn't all that more impressive then Love and was a weakness on passing downs. Maybe he was doing nothing more then sending an early message that every spot is up for grabs and just being average to your peers isn't good enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

The roster has been reshuffled. Deaderick out, and two Offensive Linemen in. The first guy in Tyronne Green LOG from the Chargers, and secondly was R.J. Mattes a 6'6" 316 lbs OT/OG from N.C. State. They also officially announced the release of both Deaderick and Holmes. In other news they brought in Brandon Johnson who is an ILB who last played in Pittsburgh in a limited role, he also has played with the Cincinnatti Bengals, no report of his signing.

RJ Mattes is an interesting prospect for the practice squad. Though slow inline speed and kind of weak, especially for a guy his size, his agility drills were very impressive and would have placed him at the top of the combine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think beyond Wilfork, Kelly (if healthy) and Armstead are roster locks, treat Armon like a high draft pick because he would have been had he been drafted and he's getting paid as such. That leaves one spot left on the regular roster and maybe one on the practice squad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

They also brought in Andy Studebaker for a visit.  Not reported, just personal knowledge.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I was a bit surprised by this.  I suspect he wasn't in shape or there was some other such issue because they don't have a lot of big linemen and you'd think they'd want him at least for camp competition. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The guy got on BB's shat list his rookie season, plus, his only value was that he was a pass-rushing DT, but he was a no show against the Ravens and Armstead was signed because he is a pass-rushing DT. 

Armstead and Deadrick were fighting for the same spot, must mean that either Armstead is the real deal or they're done with Deadrick. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

They also brought in Andy Studebaker for a visit.  Not reported, just personal knowledge.

Whats an Andy Studebaker? I know what a Volkswagon Beetle is...Just kidding ! When did KC cut him loose?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Whats an Andy Studebaker? I know what a Volkswagon Beetle is...Just kidding ! When did KC cut him loose?

n