DeAngelo Williams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMac316. Show PMac316's posts

DeAngelo Williams

Just putting this out here to think out loud, but what about a move for this talented Panthers RB?
    The Panthers have a couple of RB's in the fold (Mike Goodson and Jonathan Stewart), and Williams could be had for an inexpensive price due to him coming off a foot injury, maybe a late round draft pick.
    My thinking is that the Pats could re-create what they had when Corey Dillon running the ball.
    Again, I am just thinking out loud, I have no idea what kind of contract Williams has, it could be an absolute cap killer for all I know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Re: DeAngelo Williams

We have a 1000 yard rusher and he is healthy

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: DeAngelo Williams:
    [QUOTE]We have a 1000 yard rusher and he is healthy
    Posted by tman0325[/QUOTE]

Benny is not the answer even though he did have a great season.  We need someone that can run between the numbers and break off 20+ runs, and that's just not what Benny brings to the table.  Teams do not fear Benny as they did Corey for example.  We need to make teams respect our run and pass.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DeAngelo Williams : Benny is not the answer even though he did have a great season.  We need someone that can run between the numbers and break off 20+ runs, and that's just not what Benny brings to the table.  Teams do not fear Benny as they did Corey for example.  We need to make teams respect our run and pass.  
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I agree Ben is not feared, but I think i'd rather have a major upgrade to the Oline and use ben as pounder and danny as the scat like we did this year. Then no Oline upgrade. The Oline makes every back look like the rebirth of Gayle Sayes. Look at the old Denver teams, no matter who the back was, they pushed 1500 yards year in and year out thats the Oline doing it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

I think we need a guy like Mikel Lashoure. 6'1''. 230 lbs. Someone who weakens defenders with every tackle. That has been what has missing. If the Patriots were a boxer, they'd be all head shots and no body shots. 

We need someone to soften up the body.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I like Williams, although he has had health issues. I also like BJGE, but I would love to have a big back that can break one for the distance once in a while.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I wouldn't mind Williams for the right price.  He could split time with BJGE as the primary RB with Woody playing scatback.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Ronnie Brown.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I seem to recall quite a few 10+ yard runs by Law Firm up the middle. Frankly, I don't know what "fans" want in a running back, which is why I question this GM playing thing.  They had a speed guy and the fans didn't like him, and he was traded.  Now, we have Ellis and he is quite good, but not good enough for the fake GM's. How about DeSean Foster or Domanic Davis?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Yes that is why I said 20+, and by saying the + I really mean someone that can go the distance. 

Stop being a negative nancy on this board always complaining and attacking people.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DeAngelo Williams : Yes that is why I said 20+, and by saying the + I really mean someone that can go the distance.  Stop being a negative nancy on this board always complaining and attacking people.  
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

just click ignore

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I like DA, I also think a bruiser back would be good but Benjy and D-Williams with a little wood spinkled in might be a great triple threat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

BJGE is a good player. But he's not a playmaker, the way Mendenhall was against the Jests.

We need more playmakers all over the field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I like Benny, however I'd agree that he is not a "frachise back". I do think this is a guy that you can win with, but more as a back up or change of pace type of guy. If the starter goes down, I have no problem with thinking this guy could carry a team for 4-8 weeks and I like that he doesn't fumble.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

We have a pass blocking O-line not a run blocking line like the Panthers. It makes no sense to invest allot of money or a high draft pick on a running back.  We should put all of our efforts into the DL and rebuilding the interior of the OL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]I seem to recall quite a few 10+ yard runs by Law Firm up the middle. Frankly, I don't know what "fans" want in a running back, which is why I question this GM playing thing.  They had a speed guy and the fans didn't like him, and he was traded.  Now, we have Ellis and he is quite good, but not good enough for the fake GM's. How about DeSean Foster or Domanic Davis?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    You ever heard of injuries? We need depth regardless at running back. I would like Pierre Thomas

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

Would be nice but BB likes his RB's a little older I think, maybe the Edge would come and play for the Pats?
    HAHA would be great to grab him in all seriousness.