DEAR WELKER BASHERS : Consider This...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

DEAR WELKER BASHERS : Consider This...

The following is the Patriots record over the last 4 years :

( Including PLayoffs )

With Welker in starting line-up : 40-11

W/O Welker in starting line-up :   0 - 3

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: DEAR WELKER BASHERS : Consider This...

Some people would say that since the Patriots were not 51-0 when he started, he should be cut immediately. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

and this record means what exactly?

who cares who the "starter" is anyways? How many targets in the receiver getting and what is he doing with those targets? Is the receiver drawing any double teams away from other targets?

Wes has been a great player, but have you noticed the dropped/missed balls this year? Is it possible that Hernandez has eaten into Wes's targets? Is it possible Edleman has improved enough to get some targets?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

who cares who the "starter" is anyways? How many targets in the receiver getting and what is he doing with those targets? Is the receiver drawing any double teams away from other targets?

Wes has been a great player, but have you noticed the dropped/missed balls this year? Is it possible that Hernandez has eaten into Wes's targets? Is it possible Edleman has improved enough to get some targetFis?  

[/QUOTE]

First off, who's BASHING Welker?

I haven't read anyone bashing him.

Just because for one game Edelman gets the start over Welker there is this grand conspiracy.

There's been alot of Edelman bashing though who doesn't deserve it either.

Let's see what happens against the Ravens.  Welker may not get as many targets as he has in the past but I'm sure he will get plenty.

Oh and by the way:

Pats are 0-2 in Superbowls with Welker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wes has been a great player, but have you noticed the dropped/missed balls this year? Is it possible that Hernandez has eaten into Wes's targets? Is it possible Edleman has improved enough to get some targetFis?  

[/QUOTE]

Just because for one game Edelman gets the start over Welker there is this grand conspiracy.

Let's see what happens against the Ravens.  Welker may not get as many targets as he has in the past but I'm sure he will get plenty.

Oh and by the way:

[/QUOTE]

Just making a point at how meaningless the Cap'n's stats are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh and by the way:

[/QUOTE]
    +1, I think the argument was money/length of contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't see any Welker bashing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I see dead people...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh and by the way:

[/QUOTE]

Just making a point at how meaningless the Cap'n's stats are.

[/QUOTE]   As far as the Pats being 0-2 in SuperBowls with Welker, It is unfortunate that Welker will be remembered for the catch he didn't make late in the 4th quarter of last year's SuperBowl that probably would have sealed the deal for the Pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It isn't about bashing it's about whether or not he should get a long term contract. 2 years is all I go for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some people would say that since the Patriots were not 51-0 when he started, he should be cut immediately. 

[/QUOTE]
    Well there goes Brady.  Might as well dump Belichick too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

1) So let me get this straight ... nobody has been bashing Welker ?

NOBODY ?

The guy's been a lightning rod since shortly after the Super Bowl , and the vitriol only ratcheted up over the summer when a  new contract couldn't be ironed out .

( tho most realize and respect what Welker brings to the table )

To the revisionist BDCers now claiming that nobody has bashed Welker .

One word for ya ....Pfft .

2) My point about Welker not being in the starting line-up was made to highlight the fact that in football ...team unity ( and the positive momentum it brings ) can at times be almost as important as talent .

If you've ever suited up and taken the field and beaten a superier foe then you know what I'm talkin' about.

No matter how anybody wants to spin it  -

Welker was benched to start the game on Sunday.

He knew it .

His teamates knew it .

There's also no denying that there was a palpable feeling during the game that things were not quite right ( even before Hernandez went down ) .

It reminded me of the last time Welker didn't start a game ( Jets playoff debacle )

That one didn't end too well either .

For those keeping score - the 3rd time in his Patriot career that Welker wasn't in the starting line-up was the Ravens playoff game ( blown out knee vs Houston week b4 ) and we all know how that went  - a disheartened Patriots team got blown out .

I LOVE BB ... as an NFL Coach  ,  IMO he's the best ever .

As a person  - I think he's a ...  SEMI - P _ _ C K

It's a good thing for the rest of the league too .  

IMO ...Belicheck is a good motivator but not a great motivator

If there's an area where other NFL coaches may be more gifted than Belichick , it's in his  inability at times to manipulate his team's temperture  .

Sadly - It may be a contributing factor as to why an inferior team ( talent -wise ) has somehow managed to hand us excruciating SB losses .

Some coaches have the inate ability to get their players to run thru walls for them ...

Does anybody honestly think BB's that guy ?

( Not knockin him for it either ...just calling it as I see it  ... it is , what it is )

Which leads me back to my point regarding Welker  - who I believe to be an emotional leader on the Pats .

If you start the game by sitting a guy like Welker  ... you're in danger of sending the wrong message to the team ... and the team ... T - E - A - M  might just sufffer for it .

As least as far as the Welker W - L  "stats" may suggest .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

looks like the pats are still in rebuilding mode.  rebuilding the offense.  defense is totally rebuilt for now and the future, now its time to work on the O, right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Just who is bashing Welker?!  I think the worst I've seen people say is that Edelman deserves a shot to prove he can play, esp. since the chances of Welker being here next year are not great.  Maybe a few people have said that Wes' contract expectations and what the Pats are willing to pay a 31 y.o. WR may be the reason he leaves town next year.  I say good for him if he can get a 4 year deal at 9 per somewhere else, I'll still be a big fan except when his new team plays the Pats.

I think it's almost unanimous around here that if the Pats can get him back next year (which will have to be on their terms, like it or not) then it will be a good thing.  Anyone disagree?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see dead people...

[/QUOTE]

Never saw the movie because I told a moron in work I was picking it up at Blockbuster ( years ago ) on the way home and he said 'You know he's dead too'. After that I didn't see the point in watching it.